Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (First Look at New Superman with New Suit, post #631)

What do you think of the new Superman suit?

• Total voters
According to Variety, Jason Momoa is "engaged in talks to play Lobo, either in the 2025 reboot Superman: Legacy, written and directed by Gunn, or in a standalone film."

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/...heard-cut-scenes-elon-musk-letter-1235747775/

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-Lobo-James-Gunn-DC-universe.jpg

Now imagine he plays him like Dante from fast x.

Mamoa looks just like Lobo to me already. Seemz a perfect fit.

Update: November 17, 2023

María Gabriela De Faría to Play Villain The Engineer in James Gunn's SUPERMAN: LEGACY

fmONnaX.png

María Gabriela de Faría, the Venezuelan actress best known for roles in Fox comedies Animal Control and The Moodys, has landed a breakout part on the film side, joining the cast of James Gunn’s Superman: Legacy.

Her character is Angela Spica aka The Engineer. Part of the Warner/DC flick’s villain team, Angie’s powers stem from nanotechnology built into her body. Created by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, she’s the second DC character to bear the name of The Engineer and was first introduced in The Authority vol.1 #1 in 1999.

The first title in a revamped DC slate, marking Gunn’s first directorial effort as co-head of DC Studios, Superman: Legacy will follow Superman as he looks to reconcile his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing. He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way, guided by human kindness in a world that sees kindness as old-fashioned.

Others in the ensemble, as previously announced, include David Corenswet as Clark Kent/Superman, Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane, Nathan Fillion as Guy Gardner/Green Lantern, Isabela Merced as Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi as Mister Terrific, and Anthony Carrigan as Rex Mason/Metamorpho.

In a recent post on Threads, Gunn confirmed that the film will retain its release date of July 11, 2025, even after the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, which have forced many other titles to push. Gunn directs from his own script, drawing on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. DC Studios co-boss Peter Safran produces.

De Faría is best known on the feature side for a lead role in Lionsgate’s The Exorcism of God, a supernatural horror pic co-written and directed by Alejandro Hidalgo, which was released through Saban Films after world premiering at Fantastic Fest. Prior to the Joel McHale-led Animal Control, which has been renewed for a second season, the actress was seen opposite Denis Leary and Elizabeth Perkins on dysfunctional family comedy The Moodys.

The rising talent found her first meaty TV role stateside on Deadly Class, Syfy’s show based on the same-name Image Comics series, from executive producers Joe and Anthony Russo.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-18 110537.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-18 110537.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Update: November 17, 2023

María Gabriela De Faría to Play Villain The Engineer in James Gunn's SUPERMAN: LEGACY

View attachment 1011534

María Gabriela de Faría, the Venezuelan actress best known for roles in Fox comedies Animal Control and The Moodys, has landed a breakout part on the film side, joining the cast of James Gunn’s Superman: Legacy.

Her character is Angela Spica aka The Engineer. Part of the Warner/DC flick’s villain team, Angie’s powers stem from nanotechnology built into her body. Created by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, she’s the second DC character to bear the name of The Engineer and was first introduced in The Authority vol.1 #1 in 1999.

The first title in a revamped DC slate, marking Gunn’s first directorial effort as co-head of DC Studios, Superman: Legacy will follow Superman as he looks to reconcile his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing. He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way, guided by human kindness in a world that sees kindness as old-fashioned.

Others in the ensemble, as previously announced, include David Corenswet as Clark Kent/Superman, Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane, Nathan Fillion as Guy Gardner/Green Lantern, Isabela Merced as Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi as Mister Terrific, and Anthony Carrigan as Rex Mason/Metamorpho.

In a recent post on Threads, Gunn confirmed that the film will retain its release date of July 11, 2025, even after the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, which have forced many other titles to push. Gunn directs from his own script, drawing on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. DC Studios co-boss Peter Safran produces.

De Faría is best known on the feature side for a lead role in Lionsgate’s The Exorcism of God, a supernatural horror pic co-written and directed by Alejandro Hidalgo, which was released through Saban Films after world premiering at Fantastic Fest. Prior to the Joel McHale-led Animal Control, which has been renewed for a second season, the actress was seen opposite Denis Leary and Elizabeth Perkins on dysfunctional family comedy The Moodys.

The rising talent found her first meaty TV role stateside on Deadly Class, Syfy’s show based on the same-name Image Comics series, from executive producers Joe and Anthony Russo.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Haven't heard of the actress or the character.

Update: November 20, 2023

Nicholas Hoult in Talks to Play Lex Luthor in James Gunn's SUPERMAN: LEGACY

Superman-Lex-Luthor-header.jpg

In one of the most significant new castings post-SAG-AFTRA strike, Superman: Legacy has found its Lex Luthor, with Nicholas Hoult in talks to star as the classic villain. No deal is done, but talks have been in the works since before the strike. Warner Bros. had no comment.

James Gunn is writing and directing Superman: Legacy, the first feature from his and Peter Safran’s new DC Studios universe. David Corenswet will star as Clark Kent/Superman, while Rachel Brosnahan is playing Lois Lane, with the duo landing the roles in June after a lengthy casting search.

Hoult was long in contention for the role of Luthor but also put his hat in the ring to play Superman and was one of the finalists for that role.

Luthor debuted in 1940’s Action Comics No. 23, created by Superman duo Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Gene Hackman played Luthor opposite Christopher Reeves in Superman (1978), while Kevin Spacey squared off against Brandon Routh’s iteration of the character in Superman Returns (2006). More recently, Jesse Eisenberg played a version of the character reinvented in the vein of a sneakers-wearing tech CEO in Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016).

Hoult previously played the Marvel/X-Men character Beast in the series of films released from 2011 to 2019. The busy actor’s relationship with Warners dates back to Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), and his recent credits include last year’s The Menu and the Universal monster pic Renfield, released earlier this year. He was also among the stars of Hulu’s period drama The Great, for which he earned an Emmy nomination in 2022.

Great choice, to me he really stood out in Warm Bodies and Mad Max Fury Road but he really shined in the series: The Great (still need to see The Menu).

PS: for a moment there I was thinking sherdog fixed the small font, zoomed in issue with the forums but it was just Dragon being awesome with his bigger text choice.

Great choice, to me he really stood out in Warm Bodies and Mad Max Fury Road but he really shined in the series: The Great (still need to see The Menu).

PS: for a moment there I was thinking sherdog fixed the small font, zoomed in issue with the forums but it was just Dragon being awesome with his bigger text choice.

You need to see him on Renfield he's a Hoot.

You need to see him on Renfield he's a Hoot.
I did, in fact I was so hyped for that movie on paper it had everything, cool story, comedy, horror-ish, Hoult, over the top Cage, Awkwafina, smart Expanse lady with the epic voice and I couldn't wait till the release day but then the movie was just fine.

Hoult acted it well, the premise was great but the movie missed something, felt safe, with little Nig Cage minutes, the blood was a lot but so cgi that it was cartoonish, can't really put my finger on it, not a movie I will be revisiting and I was so ready for it to be great and enter my rotation of campy B movies with vamps and werewolfs types.

Warner Bros has an amazing super power.

They have the ability to find the most bland actresses in Hollywood and cast them as Lois Lane.

Hoult is a good choice. Guy was a stand out in Mad Max, was so good in The Great they decided not to kill off Peter III (Fuck you history lol), and I thought played a scummy obsessive guy to perfection in The Menu.

Back