• Anderson Silva

• Chris Weidman

• BJ Penn

• Tony Ferguson

• Chuck Liddell

• Tyron Woodley

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think this probably goes to Silva, went from being GOAT contender to unable to beat anyone.

Penn had a pretty brutal down fall too.

Ferguson (although not done yet), Liddell, Weidman, Woodley, and I’m sure I’m missing some others.

Who do you think had the worst downfall from grace in mma?
Anderson got OLD but kept going on. Thats not falling from grace. Thats AGE.

How about Conor?

BJ by far. His goes deeper than the fall off of the competitive cliff. His life outside of mma has been a steady stream of embarrassment.

Renan Barao should be up there. Guys like Penn, Anderson were beyond their best years, Barao had a big slide in his prime.

How could you not even think to put the most obvious person: CONOR MCGREGOR?? :rolleyes:
Actually the most obvious would be Fedor Emelianenko

But this is the UFC forum so I understand why he wasn't included.

Rousey really needed to be an option. Her implosion was pretty catastrophic.

Barao definitely deserves mention.
Came in here to post this, Barao had a much steeper decline than Penn. BJ never seriously trained and went up and down literally 6 weight classes through his career, from FW to HW. Barao was listed as a GOAT, met Dillashaw, and faded into obscurity after a loss streak quicker than anyone else, even if his early career was padded with cans. People like to say BJ got knocked out by a fat guy, but that was the first time his chin was ever cracked and he had to be drunk as shit for it to happen.

Renan went from 34-1 and people talking about P4P status to 36-10.

Attachments

• image_2023-11-26_133004256.png
    image_2023-11-26_133004256.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 6
BJ. From LW GOAT to ending with a 7 fight losing streak, drug problems, fighting in the street, conspiracy theorist, etc. Just sad.

Reactions: z99
Came in here to post this, Barao had a much steeper decline than Penn. BJ never seriously trained and went up and down literally 6 weight classes through his career, from FW to HW. Barao was listed as a GOAT, met Dillashaw, and faded into obscurity after a loss streak quicker than anyone else, even if his early career was padded with cans. People like to say BJ got knocked out by a fat guy, but that was the first time his chin was ever cracked and he had to be drunk as shit for it to happen.

Renan went from 34-1 and people talking about P4P status to 36-10.

Yep, and unlike Penn, his legacy has been almost entirely forgotten. Nobody talks or remembers Barao. And while he wasn't ever a household name and his competition was pretty mediocre, he was still at a time arguably the #1-3 P4P fighter in the world.

Yep, and unlike Penn, his legacy has been almost entirely forgotten. Nobody talks or remembers Barao. And while he wasn't ever a household name and his competition was pretty mediocre, he was still at a time arguably the #1-3 P4P fighter in the world.
Yes! At the time, it was as if Khabib went 29-9 after Gaethje, unthinkable , but Father Time is undefeated. They didn't even mention Renan when TJ was fighting lol
Rousey really needed to be an option. Her implosion was pretty catastrophic.
She literally would have been more than fine if she was mentally capable of processing a loss, Rousey imploded her own career with the worst diva attitude ever seen in MMA. Edmund has had a negative effect on just about everything he touches, I'd be surprised if his houseplants leaves aren't yellowed and withering when he walks by.

Barao should be on this list. He was considered top of the P4P list and expected to have a nice run. Then he lost the belt and went 2-8 only beating literal “Who?”s and losing often to nobodies.

To be fair, I think the single most shocking fall from grace had to be Fedor. Unlike the others in the list, Fedor had virtually never lost, barring a silly cut loss to TK which he soundly avenged. He was seen as invincible, and had rarely ever struggled in his fights, also barring what I take to be a bad decision against Arona and a near KO loss to Fujita.

I think nothing shocked the world more than to see Fedor go from knocking Sylvia and Arlovski to losing thrice in a row, including to Dan Henderson who is a natural MW.

BJ Penn went from being in the all-time MMA legend discussion as a two-weight-class UFC champion to losing bar fights to random men with no professional fighting experience.

Back