News Curtis Blaydes vs Jailton Almeida set for UFC 299 on March 9th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Yup. I was expecting this.

With Paul Craig accidentally leaking that there's going to be an event in Manchester in March I'm assuming that they're making Aspinall vs Gane which only left this fight to be rebooked.

Until we see more of Almeida's striking game I have to go with Blaydes.

So excited they rebooked this one! Say what you will about Almeida's last performance, the guy controls much larger men and doesn't get hit. Now let's see if he can do it against a legitimate HW grappler.

Yup. I was expecting this.

With Paul Craig accidentally leaking that there's going to be an event in Manchester in March I'm assuming that they're making Aspinall vs Gane which only left this fight to be rebooked.

Until we see more of Almeida's striking game I have to go with Blaydes.
I wouldn't say only fight. Weve seen dozens examples of this in the past

I wouldn't say only fight. Weve seen dozens examples of this in the past
Only fight that made sense.

If they're going to Manchester then it's almost certainly going to be Aspinall headlining, only Gane and Stipe make sense for him and we know Stipe isn't fighting.

Likewise, the only fights that make sense for Almeida are Gane, Blaydes and Pavlovich, but Pav is serving a medical suspension and Gane is likely fighting Aspinall.

That's the right match up to make. We get to see if Jailton is actually a legit contender or pretender.

I don't think so, Blaydes should be favored over Jones and Gane right now, he technically already beat Aspinall. He has a hard time with heavy strikers who can defend takedowns like Pav and Ngannou, not weak strikers who can't take him down like Jones and Gane. The top 5 is Jones, Aspinall, Gane, Pavlovich and Blaydes, why should Blaydes fight Almeida instead of Gane, Aspinall or Jones?

This is a matchup to derail someone they don't want as champion.

Almeida should be fighting Gane but UFC won't allow it.

Good matchmaking. Looks like the ufc is not happy with Blankeita after his last performance.

You really are as good as your last performance around here lmao. I was literally getting dunked on for saying Blaydes was a bad match up and would likely expose Almeida prior to his fight with Black Beast. Now people wanna back peddle and say the same thing I was saying.

*sigh* <JRSmith40>

UFC won't allow Blaydes to be champ because of Ngannou, it is in the UFC interest to make sure Blaydes does not succeed and that Gane does, they will give Gane favorable matchups, make Jones look good and try to get him back to the championship while giving Blaydes tough matchups.

Back