Social Kid Got Attacked At Recess

Well today my kid got in trouble for beating the kid up at recess because he was hitting her and her friend. School is complete dog shit and the kid has been doing this to other kids the entire time after I made this thread.

Hope your kid doesn't get in too much trouble out of this, sounds like this smart arse was asking for it.

Have you asked the other parents about this kid? Maybe they can come forward if this dickhead has been annoying other kids too, might help.

And I'm resisting the urge of going to the school, punting the offending kid into orbit and manhandling the parents. Public schools, brahs. Not even once. Tried telling the wife we should move to a better school district or look into private school. She thinks being educated around feral kids with shit parents is "character building." Giving the school a chance to rectify the situation before I end up on the evening news. I can just see some idiot TA on their phone while my kid is being attacked. Makes my blood boil. And of course my kid won't defend herself because she thinks she'll get in trouble.
That is not character building.

A kid that doesn't feel safe isn't going to learn.

I saw some really dumb posts in here, bordering on war room bullshit. So let’s set the record straight.

No place is “pro crime.” If you are calling a place pro crime, take a look at the violent crime (the crime that really matters) rates in your city and state and compare it to the violent crime rate of the place you are accusing of being “pro crime.” You’re going to be surprised.

The people who own private and charter schools also contribute to the politicians who intentionally cut the funding of public schools. You can figure out why that may be.

Bullying is a normal part of childhood, and adulthood sometimes. Yes, it is good to learn how to deal with it. But it being normal does not excuse it or make it ok. It hurts people. A lot. I know that I was a bully in some instances. To this day, I feel bad about it. But probably not as bad as those I bullied. Though I was more of a join-in to fit in type guy. Not excusing it. Just saying.

And I'm resisting the urge of going to the school, punting the offending kid into orbit and manhandling the parents. Public schools, brahs. Not even once. Tried telling the wife we should move to a better school district or look into private school. She thinks being educated around feral kids with shit parents is "character building." Giving the school a chance to rectify the situation before I end up on the evening news. I can just see some idiot TA on their phone while my kid is being attacked. Makes my blood boil. And of course my kid won't defend herself because she thinks she'll get in trouble.
TA was doom scrolling on the tick talk 😓

...or with kids that have glaring mental disabilities, but teachers/social services refuse to put them away so "they get the chance to become normal". 99% of the time they just disrupt the learning process and harm other kids.
Yup. They tried with my nephew. I could have told them it was a waste of time, he was too autistic and needed special needs classes with personal attention. Instead, they mainstreamed him, and he sometimes had meltdowns that disturbed the whole class. You also can't put kids that struggle academically in mainstream classes. They need slower more focused instruction....saving their feelings hurts them in the long run. Liberal bullshit hurts these kids.

...or with kids that have glaring mental disabilities, but teachers/social services refuse to put them away so "they get the chance to become normal". 99% of the time they just disrupt the learning process and harm other kids.
Man. Where I am such kids get their own teaching assistant that prevents all that so it's rather a inclusion that creates benefit than a weight around their necks.

There's levels. Regular society should be where we deal with people that need help. Locking them up is disgusting.

I saw some really dumb posts in here, bordering on war room bullshit. So let’s set the record straight.

No place is “pro crime.” If you are calling a place pro crime, take a look at the violent crime (the crime that really matters) rates in your city and state and compare it to the violent crime rate of the place you are accusing of being “pro crime.” You’re going to be surprised.

The people who own private and charter schools also contribute to the politicians who intentionally cut the funding of public schools. You can figure out why that may be.

Bullying is a normal part of childhood, and adulthood sometimes. Yes, it is good to learn how to deal with it. But it being normal does not excuse it or make it ok. It hurts people. A lot. I know that I was a bully in some instances. To this day, I feel bad about it. But probably not as bad as those I bullied. Though I was more of a join-in to fit in type guy. Not excusing it. Just saying.
I would agree with the bullying but disagree with other points you made. When you have liberal DAs hell bent on not prosecuting crime for woke reasoning (i.e--Don't prosecute shoplifting because it tends to be blacks that shoplift) ...the intent may not be to be pro crime, but that is the outcome. Same with NY right now...Cops are told to leave the migrant prostitutes alone as they can't process them. So the outcome, is....crime. When DA Bragg refuses to prosecute crimes committed with guns, if the guns were not fired during the said crime, what happens?

Does everyone think that being in a public school automatically = being bullied the entire day and that means "character building"?

I see character building as being exposed to various social situations and other students with different experiences and learning how to deal with them.

Man. Where I am such kids get their own teaching assistant that prevents all that so it's rather a inclusion that creates benefit than a weight around their necks.

There's levels. Regular society should be where we deal with people that need help. Locking them up is disgusting.
Please note that I am talking about seriously mentally ill kids.
In no way I am for locking up a mildly autistic non-violent kid.
Good that where you live kids with disabilities get qualified assistants.
I think that the worst we can do is to pretend they are same as others, because, as you said, they need society's help.
There are cases where kids with untreated disabilities in public schools seriously hurt others and completely distort the learning process. This should never happen.

Well today my kid got in trouble for beating the kid up at recess because he was hitting her and her friend. School is complete dog shit and the kid has been doing this to other kids the entire time after I made this thread.
Worth whatever "trouble" they get.

I have talked to my kids about this.
They know they are never to allow themselves to be victimized out of fear of some trivial school consequence.

Whoop some ass, take a detention or suspension and move on with life.

Hopefully your kid beat that little shit up good enough to end any future bullshit and maybe send a message that your kid is not to be fucked with.

Pull a Ray Velcoro on the father.

This is the way.

- beat the shit out of the dad to establish Dominance

- threaten promise sodomy

- everyone lives happily ever after.

Jesus would have turned the other cheek.

Back