When it's all said and done, the real Colby comes out

It's all about the Benjamins baby. And you know this, maaaaan.

"I was being a jerk for money" isn't the best apology, but fighters should know to take what some other fighters say with a grain of salt. I don't see Leon going out of his way to try to make anything up with Colby after the fight.

Reactions: HCS
It's just too funny. Leon trying to act cool until he flips out and throws a water bottle, just like Strickland flips out after acting tough and Dricus "sons" him and he loses his marbles.

"I'm just trying to sell records"

-Tupac, when Biggie confronted him about "Hit 'em up".

"I acted like a cunt to sell 3,000 extra pay per views" is not really exculpatory, it just means you're a boring dipshit

Yeah, so weird that deeply personal and traumatic topics are off limits. So weird. Where are you weirdos from where you can talk about someone's dead dad without that person wanting to erase you?
You dont just get to pick and choose what is off limits, just because you don't like it, or the majority agrees with you. A lot of people don't give a fuck about their dead father, but maybe they care deeply about something else that might not mean anything to you. If you're gonna talk shit you should be ready for anything, not say what you want, but then start crying and saying 'thats off limits' the moment you get upset

Yeah, so weird that deeply personal and traumatic topics are off limits. So weird. Where are you weirdos from where you can talk about someone's dead dad without that person wanting to erase you?
dude.. they’re literally gonna fight… smh

On the one hand, you're right, sticks & stones and all that + they get to actually fight

On the other hand, the "martial arts" element of mixed martial arts implies some semblance of honour... less so now it's corporatized to fuck

Either way, the greats don't need to do that kinda shit
the “greats” talk shit too… it’s part of the game

If people are that offended by it, they should not buy the ppv. Guarantee if trash talk like this hurt the company financially, you’d stop hearing it. Unfortunately it does the opposite and will probably end up drawing a lot more viewers in.

As a fan, certain things I can't excuse to sell a fight. I think Colby crossed the line.

Was making enemies of his own teammates part of selling it?
Happens at every gym at every level of competition.

Boys can be very petty when in competition with one another for money, fame and attention.

nothing special about Colby here.

That dad line stuff though? Oof. Cringe and over the line. Plus, being fight week, not enough time to percolate and increase sales.

There's certain things you don't bring up and he brought them up, so fuck him. I hope Leon rips his fake wannabe pro wrestler ass to pieces.

I agree. Even Sonnen was a bit much with toeing the line when he was talking about Silva's wife and his country.
But you do not speak of relatives who have past. That was disguising and unforgivable

Can you imagine that back in the day someone would mock Vitor's sister to promote a fight, Vitor would make sure that person would never breath
Yeah, the fight doesn't stop at the bell. That's why I can understand why Jorge snuck him. When you talk about his ex-wife and kids, it's war forever and on-sight.

It don't matter if Jorge gets beat 100 times in a row, he will still find a way to hurt you. If he has to sucker punch you, jump you. There's no honor among thieves and some might call Jorge a coward but he doesn't care, he just cares about getting his licks in.

It's just a different animal when you get personal.

"My number one way to judge the morality of a person is that if absolutely everyone that knows them, hates them, they must be a great person." -morons on Sherdog

Yeah, the fight doesn't stop at the bell. That's why I can understand why Jorge snuck him. When you talk about his ex-wife and kids, it's war forever and on-sight.

It don't matter if Jorge gets beat 100 times in a row, he will still find a way to hurt you. If he has to sucker punch you, jump you. There's no honor among thieves and some might call Jorge a coward but he doesn't care, he just cares about getting his licks in.

It's just a different animal when you get personal.
So you are a stupid person. Noted.

Beauty lies in how effectively a thing fulfills its function. Colby Covington’s function is to entertain and he’s doing a very good job at it. A good deal of showmanship is needed by the naysayers — vitriolic finger wagging to show they still subscribe to the group morality, that they’re harmless “I promise.” — but in the end, we all enjoy the entertainment.

Can you imagine that back in the day someone would mock Vitor's sister to promote a fight, Vitor would make sure that person would never breath
Vitors sister wasn’t a scumbag criminal. Atleast I don’t think she was

I feel like this kind of dialogue won't take place with Edwards. Too many lines too often have been crossed.

Back