RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Joshua vs Wallin / Wilder vs Parker 12/23 11AM ET DAZN / ESPN+

Winner?

• Joshua

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Wallin

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Wilder

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Parker

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters
Some awfully convenient apologia for Wilder going around.

Spends his whole career fighting bums and the elderly, and then when he finally loses to decent competition 'he just got old'.

Guy has always been very flawed fighter. And his resume ultimately sucks. Getting badly beaten by a 100-year-old Luis Ortiz and then pulling it out of the fire is not a legacy.
He's a 38 year old heavyweight. He is old.

Honestly, Furys undefeated record has more question marks than the riddlers cat suit.

Def should have a loss to John McDermott, could have been ruled knocked out against Wilder, then the cut against Wallin,
The first McDermott fight in particular. Nobody really thought he deserved the nod in that one. To Fury's credit he rematched him and got it right the second time.

I think Wilder got paid a nice bit of change, realized he's 38 with a 43-2 record going in, and still has the highest knockout percentage. He's done, but he's content.

He did make Wlad look bad.
Wlad was on an 11 year win streak. It was an impressive win, whether we thought it was exciting or not.
Sure, he made Wlad look bad like Rigo made Solis look bad, difference is Fury made it more exciting by holding and stalling Wlad.

GCEK9CvWEAA-5tO

I think Wilder got paid a nice bit of change, realized he's 38 with a 43-2 record going in, and still has the highest knockout percentage. He's done, but he's content.

So why not just detonate that right hand one more time,

Just for shits and giggles.

Yes he is. But the point is you didn't need to wait for him to lose to Parker to understand that he was very limited fighter.

You just needed a pair of eyes.
Everyone knew he was limited but he had some legitimate wins. People are downplaying him because he just looked bad and people want to use it to pump Usyk up by proxy.

Will be interesting to see if Ngannou and Wilder still box like they've been talking about. That fight just became a lot easier to make. And it's still going to be huge.

Who knows if the Fury rematch happens regardless of whether he wins or loses against Usyk.

Ngannou is getting older. He needs to stay active and strike while the iron's still hot. I hope he doesn't end up sitting around until the late summer or Fall but I guess that's possible.

The Saudis with their unlimited pockets should be able to easily pay Ngannou enough to make the Wilder fight happen in the late spring or early summer.

Everyone knew he was limited but he had some legitimate wins. People are downplaying him because he just looked bad and people want to use it to pump Usyk up by proxy.
I think the people who are saying he looked bad have always questioned his legitimacy at heavyweight

Haha it's funny because alot of us know guys like Conor doing this type of shit and we just put up with it for the most part because we grew up with the guy, or it's a friend of a good friend or whatever, but deep down we are always so annoyed byt it.

He will enter history as merely a curiosity, a guy that old timers tell youngsters about that 'could have KOd a bull' but he will never be spoken about as a serious fighter beyond that.

Beating a geriatric Luis Ortiz or Stiverne doesn't give you a legacy. There's a lot of 'ok' names but there's just no signature win that stands up to historical scrutiny.

Even Shavers at least has guys like Norton and Young in his win column. Wilder has little to show for his career when all is said and done.

Will be interesting to see if Ngannou and Wilder still box like they've been talking about. That fight just became a lot easier to make. And it's still going to be huge.

Who knows if the Fury rematch happens regardless of whether he wins or loses against Usyk.

Ngannou is getting older. He needs to stay active and strike while the iron's still hot. I hope he doesn't end up sitting around until the late summer or Fall but I guess that's possible.

The Saudis with their unlimited pockets should be able to easily pay Ngannou enough to make the Wilder fight happen in the late spring or early summer.

Big Frank seems to be relying on Fury to a) win two fights, b) not immediately retire afterwards, c) still be interested in a rematch, d) not turn into a complete 400 pound fuckup and derail the fight, and e) not be a complete diva in negotiations and derail the fight.

Frank may as well bank on winning the lottery rather than relying Fury of all people to do all these things.

Back