Lt. Dan

Mike

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

This scene always resonated with me as a child. Growing up rough, I already instinctively understood rage in the face of adversity. Sometimes when you've been backed into a corner, anger is all you have left. You can drown in that kind of anger. But you can also learn to harness it, to scream into the storm "Is that all you got, because I'm still fucking here! Better bring more bitch! And when you feel truly hopeless, there's a sort of freedom in that. Everything went poorly, time to rebuild. Not everyone had a father to teach them lessons like that growing up.

So thank you, Lt. Dan.

<RomeroSalute>

I couldn't make it through the first half hour of that movie but a lot of people enjoyed it.

I couldn't make it through the first half hour of that movie but a lot of people enjoyed it.

Never understood this level of intolerance. I've never seen a critically acclaimed movie that i havent been able to at least watch, even if I end up not liking it at the end. Hell, I sat through The Blair Witch Project which had about the worst acting I've ever seen.

Never understood this level of intolerance. I've never seen a critically acclaimed movie that i havent been able to at least watch, even if I end up not liking it at the end. Hell, I sat through The Blair Witch Project which had about the worst acting I've ever seen.
I can't sit through The Godfather either. So boring.

forrest-gump.gif

This scene always resonated with me as a child. Growing up rough, I already instinctively understood rage in the face of adversity. Sometimes when you've been backed into a corner, anger is all you have left. You can drown in that kind of anger. But you can also learn to harness it, to scream into the storm "Is that all you got, because I'm still fucking here! Better bring more bitch! And when you feel truly hopeless, there's a sort of freedom in that. Everything went poorly, time to rebuild. Not everyone had a father to teach them lessons like that growing up.

So thank you, Lt. Dan.

<RomeroSalute>

<mma1>

He’s easily the best character in the film. Good thing Kevin Bacon turned down the role because Gary Sinise really nailed it.

Going to watch Forrest Gump at 10:38:57 this Sunday so I can ring in the new year with Lieutenant Dan.

1703885733035.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back