Star Wars 2026. Brace your self.

What kind of dirt does Kathleen Kennedy have on the Disney Brass.....how do they let this idiot keep flushing money down the toilet.

Its a shame because i have friends who work on the films/shows & act on them. They really love Star Wars and put a lot of heart into whay they do....but we all know the products been mishandled with this ideology bullshit.

What kind of dirt does Kathleen Kennedy have on the Disney Brass.....how do they let this idiot keep flushing money down the toilet.

Its a shame because i have friends who work on the films/shows & act on them. They really love Star Wars and put a lot of heart into whay they do....but we all know the products been mishandled with this ideology bullshit.

It's the ESG thing. Keeping that ESG score high is more important than profits now.

Everyone should read this

So Disney, one of the most powerful companies in the world, is handing off Star Wars, one of the most profitable franchises of all time, over to some inexperienced director who’s mission is to push some agenda that nobody gives a shit about.

Let me guess what happens.. Rey tries to rebuild the Jedi order, her top pupil turns to the dark side from a mysterious entity. The entity has something to do with palpatine. Her pupil turns on said entity at end then Rey dies. New pupil ends up in some lesbian relationship with Rey’s daughter or some bs. The end.

I gotta feeling this is going the way of the Rian Johnson trilogy, the Game of Thrones guys trilogy, Solo 2, and Rogue Squadron. If Disney is actually dumb enough to green light this it does Solo/Indy 5 numbers.

Star Wars' Director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Says It's About Time a Woman Shaped a Star Wars Film​

Obaid-Chinoy is directing the Daisy Ridley-led sequel.​

"
Star Wars director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has said "it's about time" a woman shaped a Star Wars film after the beloved sci-fi franchise has gone close to half a century with films directed only by men.

Obaid-Chinoy will direct a currently untitled and undated Star Wars film starring Sequel Trilogy star Daisy Ridley that follows her character Rey Skywalker as she looks to rebuild the Jedi Order 15 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker.

“I’m very thrilled about the project because I feel what we’re about to create is something very special," Obaid-Chinoy told CNN. "We’re in 2024 now, and it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape a story in a galaxy far, far away."

ups-oops.gif

so-pissed.gif

As long as it's not a musical...

Star_Wars_3.JPG

<WhitmanDefeat>

Last I checked Kathleen Kennedy shaped all of the disney star wars movies into neat little piles of s**t.

The last ep of Star Wars movie made $1 billion worldwide and shows like The Mandalorian and Ahsoka
were a huge success.
Facts don't care about your feelings.
Yet for the final Star Wars movie in the "Skywalker Saga" it was not even in the top 5 that year in money made (#7 lol), and finished behind a Rated R Joker Movie and D level superhero in Captain Marvel. Even C level Aquaman made more than what was once the Golden Goose of cinema.

Yet for the final Star Wars movie in the "Skywalker Saga" it was not even in the top 5 that year in money made (#7 lol), and finished behind a Rated R Joker Movie and D level superhero in Captain Marvel. Even C level Aquaman made more than what was once the Golden Goose of cinema.

yeah but "dead" is a huge stretch. They making too many good shows I cant keep with it.

yeah but "dead" is a huge stretch. They making too many good shows I cant keep with it.
I mean Star Wars expectations normally was to be the #1 movie at the box office for the year and to break records.

Do I think they can make money still? Depends on the movie. I just don't see them breaking a billion anymore with who's running the company and the rumored direction they're going. I'm not even sure they turn a profit depending the subject matter and the writers/director. 2 out of the last 3 Lucasfilm movies bombed (Solo and Indy 5) and ROS massively underperformed (made about half of Force Awakens).

Star Wars' Director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Says It's About Time a Woman Shaped a Star Wars Film​

Obaid-Chinoy is directing the Daisy Ridley-led sequel.​

"
Star Wars director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has said "it's about time" a woman shaped a Star Wars film after the beloved sci-fi franchise has gone close to half a century with films directed only by men.

Obaid-Chinoy will direct a currently untitled and undated Star Wars film starring Sequel Trilogy star Daisy Ridley that follows her character Rey Skywalker as she looks to rebuild the Jedi Order 15 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker.

“I’m very thrilled about the project because I feel what we’re about to create is something very special," Obaid-Chinoy told CNN. "We’re in 2024 now, and it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape a story in a galaxy far, far away."

ups-oops.gif

so-pissed.gif
Wow... can barely contain my enthusiasm to not watch that :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think Disney must have a fetish for losing money at this point.

Back