One of you Sherbros should buy these Holy Grail Japanese Versions of these Pride DVD’s

For instance,if you want to watch Fedor vs Crocop on fight pass,it's the Television version of the UFC's PRIDE show,which is edited,and letterboxed. It's good quality but hardly the way a old diehard like myself would want to watch it. If you then put on the entire event that its on,to see it without all that,there is def a dip in quality. It's blurry,and pixellated.

1993056430.jpg

I bought - and still own, and will never discard - all of the American PRIDE DVD releases. But after Cro Cop won the OWGP, the UFC bought PRIDE like two months later, and I was scared that Dana would burn everything PRIDE to the ground and piss on its ashes, so to ensure that I'd have a hard copy of Cro Cop's victory, I bought that Japanese box set last on the bottom right. Still got that bad boy, too.

For instance,if you want to watch Fedor vs Crocop on fight pass,it's the Television version of the UFC's PRIDE show,which is edited,and letterboxed. It's good quality but hardly the way a old diehard like myself would want to watch it. If you then put on the entire event that its on,to see it without all that,there is def a dip in quality. It's blurry,and pixellated.

^ This so fucking hard. The UFC literally doesn't give a fuck about its fight library. The current product isn't just top priority, it's the only priority. Otherwise, they wouldn't show Fox Sports versions of PRIDE fights, they would've finished uploading the Pancrase fight library, they'd keep the K-1 events on there, etc. The PRIDE stuff is literally unwatchable on Fight Pass. It's fucking cropped. It's not just bad aspect ratios and shitty quality, they've literally hacked off edges of the frame so you can't see 100% of the action. In this day and age with technology, it's fucking ludicrous. I will never dump my PRIDE DVDs. Even with Fight Pass, I never watch PRIDE on there because the shit that they have up is atrocious. Part of me thinks that it's intentional, like they'll only let you see PRIDE in shitty form, but a bigger part of me thinks that they're just morons running a shitty streaming service. Either way, PRIDE DVDs never die 😁

Under $400 USD really ain't bad for 57 DVDs, and especially those. I don't own a player, so will have to leave it there for one of you. Please. One of you buy them. PRIDE never die.

It has its flaws,but it definitley doesnt suck. The amount of content simply cant be fucked with for any true fan of MMA.
i'm a true fan of MMA, perhaps truer than others. but i still despise fight pass. what theyve done to the pride library is criminal IMO. no more DEEP either. that said, i haven't used it in years. but i just dislike the layout, the branding, the way they do teengs. naw meen

i'm a true fan of MMA, perhaps truer than others. but i still despise fight pass. what theyve done to the pride library is criminal IMO. no more DEEP either. that said, i haven't used it in years. but i just dislike the layout, the branding, the way they do teengs. naw meen
It's still beautiful.

Compared to trying to watch this shit coming up,I'm very glad for it

Take a step forward and recycle what you can from that junk. I finally sat down and went through all of my CDs and DVDs - separate the paper inserts from each one, toss the discs. People hoarding old physical media are weird.

People not knowing how to recycle are weird

Take a step forward and recycle what you can from that junk. I finally sat down and went through all of my CDs and DVDs - separate the paper inserts from each one, toss the discs. People hoarding old physical media are weird.
I hope you have shitty taste sherbro or just owned burned media. Otherwise, throwing away original CD’s/DVDs is a crime against humanity. Greetings from an old, weird guy.

I bought - and still own, and will never discard - all of the American PRIDE DVD releases. But after Cro Cop won the OWGP, the UFC bought PRIDE like two months later, and I was scared that Dana would burn everything PRIDE to the ground and piss on its ashes, so to ensure that I'd have a hard copy of Cro Cop's victory, I bought that Japanese box set last on the bottom right. Still got that bad boy, too.

^ This so fucking hard. The UFC literally doesn't give a fuck about its fight library. The current product isn't just top priority, it's the only priority. Otherwise, they wouldn't show Fox Sports versions of PRIDE fights, they would've finished uploading the Pancrase fight library, they'd keep the K-1 events on there, etc. The PRIDE stuff is literally unwatchable on Fight Pass. It's fucking cropped. It's not just bad aspect ratios and shitty quality, they've literally hacked off edges of the frame so you can't see 100% of the action. In this day and age with technology, it's fucking ludicrous. I will never dump my PRIDE DVDs. Even with Fight Pass, I never watch PRIDE on there because the shit that they have up is atrocious. Part of me thinks that it's intentional, like they'll only let you see PRIDE in shitty form, but a bigger part of me thinks that they're just morons running a shitty streaming service. Either way, PRIDE DVDs never die 😁
My pride dvd's have rotted along the edges. I had to throw them out.

My pride dvd's have rotted along the edges. I had to throw them out.

<mma1>

I feel for you. Mine are safely jammed into an old school disc binder.

I don't collect DVDs or Blu-rays anymore. I only buy what I consider to be essential movies. One binder is full of movies and the other is full of MMA, the bulk of the latter consisting of my PRIDE DVDs and DVDs of UFC 1-63 (plus UK and Japanese bootlegs of the first three-ish years of Pancrase and my bootleg Japanese K-1 10th Anniversary DVD set). I don't expect that I'll be adding much to those binders, but I'll also never part with them. My heart goes out to all who have (voluntarily or involuntarily) parted with their hard copies.

85zp5aqs6w5s.gif
giphy.gif

Yes buy a bunch of DVD's of nearly naked men running around and grabbing each other rolling around the floor. You people have no shame.

That’s strange to hear, looks awesome when I watch them.
It depends on the event.

If you try to watch a single fight,it might look better than the full event.

Or they have a letterboxed version thats highly edited,and then when you wanna watch the real version in the full event,it doesnt look as good as it should.

Saying it looks like shit was a bit harsh,its 20 yrs ago...

but you KNOW they got the way to show it at its highest quality,but just aint gonna get that.

It depends on the event.

If you try to watch a single fight,it might look better than the full event.

Or they have a letterboxed version thats highly edited,and then when you wanna watch the real version in the full event,it doesnt look as good as it should.

Saying it looks like shit was a bit harsh,its 20 yrs ago...

but you KNOW they got the way to show it at its highest quality,but just aint gonna get that.
Fair enough, I’m very annoyed that I can’t get the ppv through fight pass anymore.

i would do it if i could. fight pass fucking sucks donkey ass. gets rid of all of the other footage besides the fights.

on side note, does anyone have access to that russian mma torrent site? the one where you can only have access by invitation? just asking.

peace, love, steroids to all.
Yeh I do bro and all those events are on the and more. Way way more

Still have my old Pride compilation US copies and all the early events such as the first Shockwave events, Body Blow and Final Conflict 2005. I have the all the US Bushido DVD’s as well. I think many of my Pride DVD’s are so scratched and fogged from over playing that they won’t play anymore.

I stop buying the DVDs around one point because I was so caught up. I stayed up so I can watch the events live and record them myself with a VHS player.

Last edited:
Back