Television TV or movie inaccuracies that bother you

fights are just ridiculous in some movies. that straight hand over person chest somehow make a guy make a flip in air while not even running that fast or running at all. then love them shooting scene where main character is running but bullets are somehow always miss him or even more funnier thar every bullet is chassing his feet and sparks are always behinf his feet

It used to be the only one that bothered me was the Knock Out. Everyone knows what I mean ... they clunk someone over the head and they wake up 8 hours later or some nonsense. IRL, if you aren't up in ~8 minutes, you aren't ever getting up.

Today, I'm more concerned about any historic or real-world events because of one thing; People believe what they see. They'll tell you they know the movie is fiction, and it isn't a documentary, but they seem to also believe Hollywood is VERY close to the truth, even when it isn't.
This didn't bother me when I was younger, but with age I've seen how it affects people in the real world.

Are you trying to suggest because I've watched Gladiator almost 4 times, I'm not more qualified than a professor of Ancient Rome?

I reject your hypothesis. It is my truth. You are literally worse than Hitler (who I am also very knowledgeable about after watching Inglourios Basterds).

When people enter a house / apartment they never seen to close the front door.
Who does that?

Also almost everybody seem to live in big houses or big apartments no matter what they do for a living. Seeing a regular NYC cop in a huge flat with expensive furniture.

when 2 cops needs to break down a door they just kick it down.
When SWAT needs to enter they always use a ram rod or what they are called.

Nobody ever say good bye when ending a phone call.

I learned after 2016 that the female Ghostbusters didn't queef in real life they just farted normally.

Tough Women wrap their legs around a guys shoulder and flip him on the ground then the fights over and he'd KO'd. Its the Go-to move of tough women now.

I played baseball for about 20 years When ever they portray baseball on tv the actors usually have terrible entry level throwing and catching form. They also wear their uniforms improperly or use gear a high level player wouldn't wear. The gloves are usually like wal mart brand shit on tv for a professional game even high school kids are using pro level gear now irl shit we had pro level gloves and catcher gear in the early 2000s.

I always hate it when the person driving the car has a conversation with the passenger and makes eye contact with them for extended periods, completely ignoring the road ahead of them and the traffic around them. Keep your eyes on the road, jackass, your passenger can hear you without looking at your face.

It used to be the only one that bothered me was the Knock Out. Everyone knows what I mean ... they clunk someone over the head and they wake up 8 hours later or some nonsense. IRL, if you aren't up in ~8 minutes, you aren't ever getting up.

Today, I'm more concerned about any historic or real-world events because of one thing; People believe what they see. They'll tell you they know the movie is fiction, and it isn't a documentary, but they seem to also believe Hollywood is VERY close to the truth, even when it isn't.
This didn't bother me when I was younger, but with age I've seen how it affects people in the real world.

Knowing what we now know about brain injuries, I find Batman to be a particularly egregious example of this.

"I don't kill people"

"But I have caused THOUSANDS of TBIs"

Ok I’m going through and rewatching the X-Files and damn the fact that none of the FBI Agents keep a round chambered bothers the hell out of me.

This and military uniforms being completely jacked in so many shows and movies bother me way more than they should.

Anyone else have the random TV or movie inaccuracies that bother the hell out of them?

The people clambering rounds that should already have them chambered drives me nuts too. In my experience everyone who carries a gun is already ready to go. Like dude you were just pointing an unloaded gun at someone ?

There's a scene in stranger things where a dude points a side by side at the chief and it makes the pump noise. My wife glared at me when I noticed

Gun fights: they never run out of bullets or reload. Besides "Band of Brothers" which did do well with issues of ammo, most films suck.

Bad guys never hit, good guys don't miss.

Girls in movies in the last 10 years automatically beat guys because they are girls.
Some recent sci-fi blockbuster (Name escapes me, there was a theead on here) I just watched had multiple scenes where the lead girl wins fights that start 6 armed military men vs her unarmed or all her friends strart literally with guns to their heads but magically win.
Plot armor is just lazy writing horseshit.

Watching people get choked out by a choke that's held for maybe three seconds maybe less and then they don't wake up almost immediately.

When people enter a house / apartment they never seen to close the front door.
Who does that?

Also almost everybody seem to live in big houses or big apartments no matter what they do for a living. Seeing a regular NYC cop in a huge flat with expensive furniture.

when 2 cops needs to break down a door they just kick it down.
When SWAT needs to enter they always use a ram rod or what they are called.

Nobody ever say good bye when ending a phone call.
Another thing about phone calls is when someone calls the main character and tells him to meet in the park or somewhere else at midnight so he can tell him about something he found out that can help him in his investigation the guy always ends up dead.

80s in the US we’re something else ;)

They rode Bisons as far as I know.
This would be correct before the introduction of the horse by the Spaniards.

And the correct pronunciation for buffalo/bison is “Tatanka”.

Pretty much all hacking related stuff. I do remember Mr. Robot had them dropping random usbs around for people to pick up so that was good at least.

Gun fights: they never run out of bullets or reload. Besides "Band of Brothers" which did do well with issues of ammo, most films suck.

Bad guys never hit, good guys don't miss.

Girls in movies in the last 10 years automatically beat guys because they are girls.
Some recent sci-fi blockbuster (Name escapes me, there was a theead on here) I just watched had multiple scenes where the lead girl wins fights that start 6 armed military men vs her unarmed or all her friends strart literally with guns to their heads but magically win.
Plot armor is just lazy writing horseshit.

Watching people get choked out by a choke that's held for maybe three seconds maybe less and then they don't wake up almost immediately.

The Hollywood neck break too.

Just grab the chin and twist like a chiropracter and the guy will die and collapse instantly.

Back