• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana White announcing more UFC 300 fights

Will the UFC 300 main event be announced tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but if he loses..

why not just wait the extra few months and not risk him taking a loss?
Well, he's basically going to be marketed as a veteran and legend of the sport who has competed at both UFC 100 and UFC 200...and now UFC 300.

He's not going to be on the card because he is a hot prospect with title aspirations or the bout will result in earth shattering implications for the division.

So, basically, he is marketable whether he wins or loses his next fight, prior to UFC 300. IMO, of course.

Maybe they were waiting on the Izzy dui thing to conclude before announcing him at 300.

I think its Pereira vs Izzy at lhw for 300.

There really isnt anything else left

Maybe they were waiting on the Izzy dui thing to conclude before announcing him at 300.

I think its Pereira vs Izzy at lhw for 300.

There really isnt anything else left

It's possible but Izzy seems to enjoy how Pereira wants to fight him again, I don't know how interested he is on stepping up to LHW again on short notice without the proper time to bulk up. He makes 185 easy anyways so there's not much reason for him to go up to 205 especially underprepared. Aside from the payday of course.

Ronda is the main event bruh.

<45>
I mean.. what would be bigger than Conor's "comeback" ? Ronda coming back which is insane to even think about lmao

There is a reason the UFC/Dana declined Conor UFC 300 and his return is around June 29th. Something "bigger" has to take place, that's how Dana works.

IDGAF about Ronda, she's retired, and I don't see her improving her striking at 36yo lol. but she is still a star and casuals would eat that shit and pay big bucks for that.

Main event will be Alex vs Izzy but won’t be announced tonight

They’ll announce belal vs leon & weilli vs Grasso/yan tonight

And Prob something like max vs emmett , Cody vs figuerdo, palovich vs volkov, hooker vs Moicano

Ariel seems to imply Dana has one really surprising fight so maybe something like nick Diaz vs Matt brown lol?

My feeling is they're waiting to see what happens at 297.

If Dricus beats Strickland and comes out without any injuries then I fully expect DDP Vs Izzy to headline 300

There is a reason the UFC/Dana declined Conor UFC 300 and his return is around June 29th. Something "bigger" has to take place, that's how Dana works.
I think probably that they think 300 will be a huge success on its own, so they don't need him on the card. And having him on a subsequent PPV will guarantee a second big success. Plus they also want multiple title fights on 300, and they can't have him be the main over multiple title fights.

I mean.. what would be bigger than Conor's "comeback" ? Ronda coming back which is insane to even think about lmao

IDGAF about Ronda, she's retired, and I don't see her improving her striking at 36yo lol. but she is still a star and casuals would eat that shit and pay big bucks for that.
Ronda is not making 185, let alone 135

Back