Any experience/advice re: brain damage?

It's wild that you're able to post so cogently. I guess it could be worse? Do you have any loved ones having to deal with this and has your personality changed noticeably?

I've seen good evidence that creatine supplementation is valuable in recovering from brain injury.

Cardio baby. Blood flow to the brain is the best way to “heal” it. Ginko biloba for blood flow too.

This second part may be absolutely terrible advice so take it with a grain of salt… but maybe psychedelic therapy to help rewire new neural pathways that you lost. Lol

Shit that sucks man. As a complete idiot pseudo intellectual hypocrite I would say set alarms to make a routine, try to exercise and find a game like 'brain games' to challenge your mind.

Also make smoothies each morning. Mixed berries, spinach, banana, pasteurized egg whites and ginger. Then take omega 3 and multi vitamin pill.

Eat as much fish as you can as they contain Omegas which is 'food for the brain'. Not tuna though because it's high in Mercury.

Last edited:
I wish you well in your recovery process sherbro. I have no advice to give as I have no knowledge on this subject.

53 weeks ago, NYU cut out 5% of my brain in my temporal lobe, adjacent to my in-class at 15 stroke, and put some $100k metal implant between the two. I still don't have memory beyond 24 hours at a time and even only get the weird "there was something there" feeling about tons of pre-op footage/images going back years. Any experience/advice with brain surgery?

(Pics for context/amusement, please don't steal my name & DOB)
I got frontal lobe damage from a car wreck. Memorys bad Im impulsive and get mad. Get you a notepad to write things down you will forget or leave notes laying around to remind you of things.

Neuro only wrote that letter after I apparently (per my copy of arrest report, which I've lost along w. stuff like mailbox key) headbutted stitches into 1 illegal immigrant, then RNC'd unconscious a 2nd illegal immigrant down the street with no memory of it a few months ago (turns out they literally fled back to Mexico afterwards)
Not all heroes wear capes

53 weeks ago, NYU cut out 5% of my brain in my temporal lobe, adjacent to my in-class at 15 stroke, and put some $100k metal implant between the two. I still don't have memory beyond 24 hours at a time and even only get the weird "there was something there" feeling about tons of pre-op footage/images going back years. Any experience/advice with brain surgery?

(Pics for context/amusement, please don't steal my name & DOB)

During the 4? month surgery delay til last year, one morning, off the F train in Queens near my office, I told a bum on the bus to pull up his pants, and just last October he got 5 years for replying with a boxcutter
I like you.
Cardio baby. Blood flow to the brain is the best way to “heal” it. Ginko biloba for blood flow too.

This second part may be absolutely terrible advice so take it with a grain of salt… but maybe psychedelic therapy to help rewire new neural pathways that you lost. Lol
The flyin Hawaiian ain’t wrong. I spent close to a year working boxing pad work with a guy recovering from a bad TBI he got while he was snowboarding. The coordination and memorization helped him a fair amount.

Given your name you shouldn’t have any trouble getting after it. Check with your doc and absolutely no hits to your own head

I've red @Blayt7hh posts so dealt with a brain damaged sherbro.
Lol its been what like 3 or 4 weeks since I stopped picking on you for being a lying pos. I guess the butt still hurts.

You'll get over it eventually though. And hopefully not be such a spineless worm in the future and just admit you made a mistake.

Lol its been what like 3 or 4 weeks since I stopped picking on you for being a lying pos. I guess the butt still hurts.

You'll get over it eventually though. And hopefully not be such a spineless worm in the future and just admit you made a mistake.
Its best for me to ignore you zealots and your zionist propaganda in the WR but had to poke fun at you here. :)

I got frontal lobe damage from a car wreck. Memorys bad Im impulsive and get mad. Get you a notepad to write things down you will forget or leave notes laying around to remind you of things.
I rely almost entirely on my phone's "Samsung Notepad" day to day, but I hope you're improving, if only slightly for now

I rely almost entirely on my phone's "Samsung Notepad" day to day, but I hope you're improving, if only slightly for now
Im doing fine now this happened a long time ago. Plenty of jail time and fights because of it tho.

I lost a lot of my memory due to seizures. Just make the best of it you can see a movie and then a week later it's like you never saw it, and are ready to watch again

My sympathies. I got hit by a truck in 2016, died and was revived with minor brain damage (occipital lobe and temporal lobe, and other areas). Took a while to get back to reading and speaking normally. Couldnt orgasm for months too. Had minor Schizophrenic episodes (thought i Was on mars / the moon/ in hell). Depression and helplessness followed. For the first time understood why CTE victims like Junior Seau killed themselves, dementia like symptoms are horrible. The prospect of staying that way is worse than death.

I dont have much in the way of useful advice im afraid. Antidepressants helped me a lot, and lots and lots of working out seems to work wonders for my well being. So maybe thats something you can use, if you dont already.
If you can and you havent already, find love. It saved my life as much as antidepressants and sports.

Last edited:
I would imagine, and hope, that the brain just needs time to adapt to what has happened to it, and needs time to form new neural connections. And that when those new connections happen, your functioning memory will come back. I would maybe suggest you look into activities/foods/supplements that stimulate neurogenesis - the creation of new brain cells.

Back