Social Black people are 2.9 times more likely than white people to be killed by cops, report says

Wait what? Why? Why would it have to be "biologically genetically predisposed"? You're argument is that only racism could explain the cultural differences that lead to a higher frequency of police interactions with the black community? What the fuck
it isnt shocking that centuries of slavery and mistreatment, forgotten heritage, and families being torn apart could lead to a toxic culture.

only if you believe black people are biologically genetically predisposed to behave in a way that causes them to be killed by police at a higher rate.
It's called committing violent felonies at a pace that no other race could possibly hope to keep up with. Gee, I can't imagine why they outpace everyone else, in fatal encounters with law enforcement. It's a real mystery...

Families, Education, Opportunity

Embrace those things and the problems will go away.
Screenshot-2023-11-01-at-8.51.58-PM.png

Statistics are racist!

Now do Crime Rates so we have some context.

The short of it is... it's a cultural problem. The heroes for the Black community are often those depicting crime, or sports, or anything but family and education.

We fix the Family and Education problems in the Black Community and these statistics improve fast.

it isnt shocking that centuries of slavery and mistreatment could lead to a toxic culture

Well the history of this country and its mistreatment of black people has obviously played a role in shaping the culture of the community. That's a far cry from saying "Racism and racism alone can explain the higher volume in our current society of police interactions with the black community than with other demographics". This isn't either/or.

Well the history of this country and its mistreatment of black people has obviously played a role in shaping the culture of the community. That's a far cry from saying "Racism and racism alone can explain the higher volume in our current society of police interactions with the black community than with other demographics". This isn't either/or.
It's either nature or nurture. i'm saying it's the latter, which is due to a history of racism. Of course some people would say it's nature, and blacks are genetically predisposed to act like savages and therefore be killed by police at a higher rate. what say you?

Families, Education, Opportunity

Embrace those things and the problems will go away.

Now do Crime Rates so we have some context.

The short of it is... it's a cultural problem. The heroes for the Black community are often those depicting crime, or sports, or anything but family and education.

We fix the Family and Education problems in the Black Community and these statistics improve fast.

Even Black people will tell you that in the hood, you'll get more respect when you get out of jail than you do when you get out of college.

it isnt shocking that centuries of slavery and mistreatment, forgotten heritage, and families being torn apart could lead to a toxic culture.

You have BLM as your side pic, but you seem extra ignorant on the topic. Did you know that Black Americans that have family roots through Caribbean Slavery do quite well compared to their counterparts that came straight to America?

Why? The answer is those that went through the Caribbean did not lose their culture, families, etc. at the disgusting rate of those slaves that came straight to America. When successful Black Americans were queried it was found that most had Caribbean roots. The Black Community has a straight up culture problem. Until that changes, we can spend all the $ we want and there will be no change.

I would suggest Thomas Sowell's works if you want to really learn more.

Last edited:
You have BLM as your side pic, but you seem extra ignorant on the topic. Did you know that Black Americans that have family roots through the Caribbean Slavery do quite well compared to their counterparts that came straight to America?

Why? The answer is those that went through the Caribbean did not lose their culture, families, etc. at the disgusting rate of those slaves that came straight to America. When successful Black Americans were queried it was found that most had Caribbean roots. The Black Community has a straight up culture problem. Until that changes, we can spend all the $ we want and there will be no change.

I would suggest Thomas Sowell's works if you want to really learn more.
i mentioned forgotten heritage in the post you quoted. are you saying racism had nothing to do with blacks in USA losing their heritage? it was their own fault and would have happened no matter what?

If all blacks had historically arrived in USA voluntarily, been paid for their work, taught their cultural histories, and encouraged to continue their traditions, then you might have a point. But we all know what really happened.

i mentioned forgotten heritage in the post you quoted. are you saying racism had nothing to do with blacks in USA losing their heritage? it was their own fault and would have happened no matter what?

I am saying that until Blacks rebuild their family and cultural structure, they are screwed over. It sucks, but that's how it's going to be. We need to incentivize families and education. Unfortunately, we've been going in the wrong direction with Black Americans since the 1960's.

I am saying that until Blacks rebuild their family and cultural structure, they are screwed over. It sucks, but that's how it's going to be. We need to incentivize families and education. Unfortunately, we've been going in the wrong direction with Black Americans since the 1960's.
OK but my point is the reason they need to rebuild anything in the first place is due to racism, which was at the heart of the american slave trade and the disturbing history of blacks in USA. I dont see how you can disagree with that.

It's either nature or nurture. i'm saying it's the latter, which is due to a history of racism. Of course some people would say it's nature, and blacks are genetically predisposed to act like savages. what say you?

I say you're framing it as something it isn't. It's certainly not nature, but your depiction of "nurture" is incredibly simplistic. You're acting like the history of racism and that alone is to blame. That's a silly, surface level assertion. Yes, imo no question it still plays a role to this day. But it is FAR from the ONLY reason the black community faces the challenges it does currently. And quite frankly, your way of thinking is detrimental to those you want to champion. The reality is that the nation as a whole does need to acknowledge our history and work toward equality of opportunity for all. At the same time, simply blaming racism on higher crime rates in that community is lazy and all but absolves people of any personal responsibility whatsoever.

That's what I mean when I say it is not either/or.

OK but my point is the reason they need to rebuild anything in the first place is due to racism, which was at the heart of the american slave trade and the disturbing history of blacks in USA. I dont see how you can disagree with that.

I don't think anyone is arguing about the cause. I'm looking for solutions. There's not much you can do about the past.

You're acting like the history of racism and that alone is to blame. That's a silly, surface level assertion. Yes, imo no question it still plays a role to this day. But it is FAR from the ONLY reason the black community faces the challenges it does currently.
i'm not acting like anything. Racism is the root of the problem. It is not currently the only problem black americans in particular are facing, but it is the root of them all. Without racism the slave trade, mistreatment, segregation, war on drugs, etc... would have never been tolerated.

Why don't you put forth an explanation and we'll see whether it makes sense.

It's happening more now than ever because the Democrats are coddling the criminals and refusing to punish them, so they have nothing to fear which has emboldened them to commit such crimes.

How did I do?

Back