Movies Best Prison Films

In Hell with JCVD and Lawrence Taylor is a damn good movie.

Brawl in cell block 99 is great, seeing Vince play a big indomitable brute was awesome.

Life is in my top 3 comedies of all time

Most have been mentioned.

d2a6d575-0236-4e04-8f06-fdd5ee7be846_text.gif

As someone who worked in prisons for a long time, there isn't enough realism in many prison movies to keep me watching. Not to say they arent entertaining, but I just can't advocate for many for many reasons.

For low custody prisons, The first season of Orange is the New Black is the most realistic prison show I've ever seen. After the first and some of the second season it goes south due to then trying to make political statements/wokeism.

For high custody or penitentiary style prisons American Me is typically seen as one of the best, as is Shawshank. However both are time capsules to a time that largely no longer exists.

gotta be alcatraz (eastwood)
runaway train is dope too
silence of the lambs
blood in blood out
i`m sure i forgot many good ones

1.) Shawshank Redemption
2.) Cool Hand Luke
3.) Missing in Action, if it counts.

@lowlife - my woke friend found it offensive. These are two comedians in their peak form with a crazy supporting cast. Hoppin' Bob is a classic character.

"I ain't nice like Bawse. I'll put a bullet in ya ass .....Get them picks a swingin' " !

@lowlife - my woke friend found it offensive. These are two comedians in their peak form with a crazy supporting cast. Hoppin' Bob is a classic character.

"I ain't nice like Bawse. I'll put a bullet in ya ass .....Get them picks a swingin' " !
I find it disappointing that the phrase "stay woke" has been usurped, and that now people say "woke" to mean easily offended social justice warrior. Also disappointing that those whom consider themselves "woke" cannot enjoy something as funny and entertaining as this movie. Oh well, glad you enjoyed it!

I find it disappointing that the phrase "stay woke" has been usurped, and that now people say "woke" to mean easily offended social justice warrior. Also disappointing that those whom consider themselves "woke" cannot enjoy something as funny and entertaining as this movie. Oh well, glad you enjoyed it!
My man, we had that ish on VHS. I enjoyed her disgust as she had never seen it before. "I oughta eat your cornbread" - "Muthfucka, try to eat my cornbread part 2 of my killing spree gonna start up in here!"

I saw 'Delirious' when I was 12. Mom hated "Life" but she is another SJW (native american, even worse) than any white bitch you know.

My man, we had that ish on VHS. I enjoyed her disgust as she had never seen it before. "I oughta eat your cornbread" - "Muthfucka, try to eat my cornbread part 2 of my killing spree gonna start up in here!"

I saw 'Delirious' when I was 12. Mom hated "Life" but she is another SJW (native american, even worse) than any white bitch you know.
I'm curious what part they were offended by, the vernacular? I don't think it's over the top enough to be offensive considering the time period and subject matter.

Back