• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Opinion What's the biggest d*ck move in war?

Now they don't have concentration camps because they can just bomb the shit out of you.
I didn’t really bargain for this heavy of a discussion this morning. I hear you, but still, more dick to load civilians on box cars and take them to camps than bombing in place. To be clear, I am NOT pro bombing civilians in place, just between the two…

Reactions: 666
Landmines, mistreatment of prisoners ...rape....

Also exceptionally tragic the forcing of children to clear minefields

( to elaborate on that. Believe it was a Afghanistani farmer ) who had his daughter walking through the minefield before his donkey..... because without the donkey the rest of his family would starve......

Fucked up

Iran used kids to clear mine fields pretty widely during the Iran-Iraq war too.

The New York Times' Terence Smith, writing about Iran in 1984, described the use of child soldiers by Iran to clear minefields. Young boys, aged 12-17 years, wore red headbands with the words 'Sar Allah' in Farsi (Warriors of God) and small metal keys that the Ayatollah declared were their tickets to Paradise if they were martyred in their mission. Many were sent into battle against Iraqi tanks without any protection and bound by ropes to prevent desertion.
They were the first wave, making the way for Iranian tanks by clearing barbed wire and minefields with their bodies.

===

also to the thread question -

Biological and chemical warfare are pretty awful and horrifying.

Hey let's make a thread about all the worst possible things human beings do to each other because everyone who reads this thread needed to start their weekend fucking depressed! Great idea TS!

<34>

Carpet bombing of civilian cities and the atomic bomb of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Anything to do with civilians being targeted just doesn't sit right for me.
The atomic bombing was 100% justified. Further casualties of US troops were prevented and the war was quickly put to an end.

Germany using chemical weapons imo

The atomic bombing was 100% justified. Further casualties of US troops were prevented and the war was quickly put to an end.

Yes I'm aware of that. I understand why they did it, but it just doesn't sit well for me the amount of civilians killed regardless of the reasoning.

Yes I'm aware of that. I understand why they did it, but it just doesn't sit well for me the amount of civilians killed regardless of the reasoning.
Are you aware that 150,000 civilians died during the Battle of Okinawa? A tiny sliver of an island?

Carpet bombing of civilian cities and the atomic bomb of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Anything to do with civilians being targeted just doesn't sit right for me.

It didn't sit right for the people that actually had to do it either, but that is what had to be done because the consequences of not doing it were much, much worse for the entire world.

Are you aware that 150,000 civilians died during the Battle of Okinawa? A tiny sliver of an island?

Even that, that's not cool. Any type of civilian casualties that were targeted by the military is just not good in my opinion.

It didn't sit right for the people that actually had to do it either, but that is what had to be done because the consequences of not doing it were much, much worse for the entire world.

I understand, it probably saved a lot of american soldier lives. But it just doesn't look good that's all. Imagine if it was the other way around where it was the Japanese who atomic bombed cities in America. Would that look worse? or about the same?

Regardless of what country who targets civilians, it's not right imo.

You guys are all providing a lot of different answers. They are all true, but FUCK!! I feel sick just thinking that I'm kickin' back on my computer with a roof over my head & have clean drinking water & here are people just getting screwed over due to where they live or have been born.

If anyone thinks they are having a shit day, just think of others around the world & it should make you pull your head in.

<DCrying>
Most people in the world are nice I'd like to believe, but there are some bad pricks that just don't give two shits about others.

Luv you, Sherbro's:)

Well said, bud.

It's easy to forget how bad so many people have got it, through no fault of their own.

I'm saying that one million people would've died had we invaded "mainland" Japan.

Oh ok. I know what you are saying. If it did save more civilian lives by doing those bombings on those two cities than I guess in a weird way it was better off, but I wish there was other ways to have ended the war.

Oh ok. I know what you are saying. If it did save more civilian lives by doing those bombings on those two cities than I guess in a weird way it was better off, but I wish there was other ways to have ended the war.
For some reason, Japan didn't surrender after the first bomb was dropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back