"to be the champ you have to beat the champ" is a lie

The whole statement is a wise tale, it's just a way you can justify retaining the belt to a fighter who reasonably should have lost

Money how? As in judges are getting paid to rig a fight? Who are they being paid by?The UFC?
In any fight, there are a lot of interested bettors.... They are often interested in their own outcomes of the fight. It all depends on the amount of money that has been bet on a particular outcome.

I am also interested in other sports. For example, rugby, football, soccer. In these sports, a controversial decision of a referee is reviewed by a commission. And if the commission finds that the referee's decision was wrong, the referee can lose his license. Is that not the case in the UFC? Okay, I'm not arguing.

I am also interested in other sports. For example, rugby, football, soccer. In these sports, a controversial decision of a referee is reviewed by a commission. And if the commission finds that the referee's decision was wrong, the referee can lose his license. Is that not the case in the UFC? Okay, I'm not arguing.

We're not talking referees, we're talking judges. You don't get the difference?

Still,I've never seen a referee lose his license over a bad call in any sport, unless he/she was proven to be corrupt.

Thank you, finally someone with some sense. But I disagree with u on Islam vs Volk 1, Islam won that fight.

Even if you think Strickland won, using that fight as an example of bad judging is dumb. The stats were very close striking wise and then DDP had 6 takes down on top of that. It was a super close back in forth fight.

Personally I had Driscus winning but had they given it to Sean I would have understood as it was super close.

Bad judging is stuff like

Leonard Garcia Vs Nam Phan
Paddy Pimblett Vs Jared Gordon
Michael Bisping Vs Matt Hamill
Johnny Hendricks Vs GSP

This was just a case of lots of people really liking Sean Strickland and wanting him to win, and since he didn’t get dominated or finished they have a hard time accepting that he didn’t win the fight.
the stats werent close

winning 4 rounds to 1 is not close

Yes we should just make it so the challenger can only win the belt via KO or SUB. that would prove that they are champ material. These decision people are clearly not worthy.
/s

Yes the UFC has no direct control over the judges but they are the largest MMA organization in the world and Dana is the CEO so he obviously has a lot of pull.

dana just has to speak and people cater to his agenda. His personality type vs most peoples. Its why hes in the position hes in.
Dana can make things happen without saying a direct word about it.

The champion should be a man or woman that decisively, unquestionably, won a title fight.

Sean Strickland won the title decisively against Izzy. He left no doubt. It was a schooling from beginning to end.

The champion deserves the benefit of the doubt, such as Jones has gotten numerous times in his career, or GSP against Hendricks, etc.

This is extremely sad and Strickland's life will change dramatically without the belt.

The champion should be a man or woman that decisively, unquestionably, won a title fight.

Sean Strickland won the title decisively against Izzy. He left no doubt. It was a schooling from beginning to end.

The champion deserves the benefit of the doubt, such as Jones has gotten numerous times in his career, or GSP against Hendricks, etc.

This is extremely sad and Strickland's life will change dramatically without the belt.
So if your sports team wins by a point it's not a real win?

Pfffffft.

no one said this when TJ lost his title to dom. TJ was a snake in the grass everyone loved dom.

All this is just favoritism. Close fights are close. It happens. if you want to retain the belt, Either finish the fight or leave no doubts.

That's unfair to the challenger. The rules are the same for both people.

Don't you think Dricus's life would be a lot different without the belt?

What's not fair is not definitively winning a title fight as a challenger and getting the benefit of the doubt.

Sean left no doubt as the title challenger.

Back