Has Chinese Takeout got crazy expensive in your area?

IDGETKTFO

White Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have a menu from my local favorite chinese takout from 2019. I just recently grabbed a 1/24 menu. One of my favorite appetizer went from $4ish for a small back in 2019, to $9ish for a small, and $18ish for a large in 2024. This is an appetizer!
There is soo many other items on the menue that had damn near doubled. Its impossible to order a meal for 2 without spending at least $40.

Everything's more expensive. I had two foot longs at Subway and $30+. I had three fried saimins and couple of scoops of mac salad and $40+.

I can choose Sam's Club pizza, but end up eating lots of fat and salt.
Da Fuq? Subway has buy one foot long one get one free online. You got robbed. We just got two a few days ago for like $15
Wife got the Sweet onion Teriyaki chicken, I got the classic Turkey with bacon.

I mean, its a not a $5 foot long deal, but im not sure that deal is ever going to happen nowadays.

Last edited:
Da Fuq? Subway has buy one foot long one get one free online. You got robbed. We just got two a few days ago for like $15
Wife got the Sweet onion Teriyaki chicken, I got the classic Turkey with bacon.

I mean, its a not a $5 foot long deal, but im not sure that deal is ever going to happen nowadays.
Pics of wife eating the foot long?

Everything fast food and take out is stupid priced currently. I got a double cheeseburger combo from one of our local drive thru burger places and it was 18 bucks…

Chinese takeout is actually still relatively affordable at some of the places here. Much more bang for your buck than others

Vietnamese Food is the one thats spiking all of a sudden

A bowl of pho is now $18 in my area
There's a place right down the street that charges $15, but I feel like it's a decent price for how much you get.

Everyones taking advantage of "inflation" - Grocery corps, driving the cost of food so high that restaurant/takeout industry have to jack up their prices too.

Fucking ridiculous how bad we're getting gouged right now, not sure how it is in the US but Canada is getting shit on Vince McMahon style and have been since 2016
<{hughesimpress}><36><{cruzshake}>

I have resorted to making most of my favorite dishes at home. But there is a few that i can't figure out.
Some like stuff which needs a pro deep frier I think it always going to be tough to do as well at home, sometimes I end up doing a mix with some cooked and some takeaway, always do plain rich at home though.

I have a menu from my local favorite chinese takout from 2019. I just recently grabbed a 1/24 menu. One of my favorite appetizer went from $4ish for a small back in 2019, to $9ish for a small, and $18ish for a large in 2024. This is an appetizer!
There is soo many other items on the menue that had damn near doubled. Its impossible to order a meal for 2 without spending at least $40.
How does inflation work? Your stupid, shut up.

Usually Chinese food has a lower markup. They tend to charge a lot less but they can't tolerate any price increases in ingredients. Signing up for those apps don't really help them unless they raise the menu price on the app. I think Uber takes like 30-40 percent from the restaurant.

Some of it is easy enough to make at home if you know the right way to do it. Beef and broccoli and fried rice are my go to if I’m craving Chinese takeout and it turns out better than all those places. Just make sure the rice is refrigerated overnight for the fried rice or at least a few hours. Also buy MSG, it’s one of the GOAT seasonings. Getting the right kind of soy sauce goes a long way too.

That reminds me, I need to buy a wok

I don't eat out more than a few times a month.

On Sunday I had lunch in an affluent area. My Cobb Salad, iced tea, and a tip was $70.

Nope. It’s pretty much the same as it has always been, right in line with everything else.

Back