Media Charles Radtke tired of "making it by" salary, demands will only answer media questions if the reporters pays him

He’s had 2 UFC fights. Almost everybody the UFC signs, has a shitty first contract. There are usually a few fights on that contract. If you’re not happy you should have negotiated a little better. Either more money, or less fights. A decision win, and a first round knockout is nothing special, though.

Some fighters fight through those first contracts as quickly as possible. 4-5 fights in a year. Then depending how you did. You negotiate a better contract. Bottom line is don’t sign if you’re not happy. But the UFC may not be willing to pay what you think you are worth. That’s where exciting wins, and getting the fans on your side helps.

So winning in exciting fashion is a huge deal. But the attitude of charging for interviews. What a maroon. Nobody is paying to hear whatever you have to say. So get your message across in a post fight interview inside the octagon.. If you get interviewed after your win.

But there are post fight interviews backstage. And hopefully you get invited to the post-fight presser. Refusing to talk in that situation is exactly the WRONG thing to do. That will turn the fans against you.

And there’s media day as well. All those are opportunities to ingratiate yourself to the fans. Get them to like you. But this isn’t how you do it. Most people don’t like diva fighters, imo.

Edit.

And he didn’t get a POTN, lol. He was complaining he deserved one.

Last edited:
Good to see that dude addressing the pay issue, albeit in a douchy way.

MMA is probably too difficult, dont jump into the UFC if you are not THAT good, make a name and a living for yourself killing fools in the regional scene until you are actually ready to make the money in the UFC, its too demanding to have a day job and still be a professional fighter.

Seemed like he was trying to say he will fight whomever gets him paid and the media took it out of context by assuming he meant they have to pay him

It's not out-of-context.

He was saying that he wants to get paid to fight, but he's also complaining about being forced to do "free" media, which is what leads to the promotion selling tickets so that he can get paid.

A lot of fighters piss and moan about the MMA media, when it's super tame compared to other sports and they only have to deal with interviews like two or three weeks out of the year.

Would anyone pay a penny to hear this dude's thoughts on anything?

Seemed like he was trying to say he will fight whomever gets him paid and the media took it out of context by assuming he meant they have to pay him
I didn't hear anything I even thought would seriously imply that the journalists should be paying him, so I don't know where they got that. He makes a flippant comment, which people always take so literally and seriously around here.

Last edited:
Damnit, I'm stuck between trying to make a joke about fighter pay vs maybe Radtke's friends and families should have made some bets on his behalf

100% what a non-story

He has 2 UFC fights. What other job do you get paid more before you put in consistent results? He's acting like he's a UFC vet with 10+ fights.

if only he knew that answering reporters questions and doing press was how one becomes popular and makes more money as a fighter

He has 2 UFC fights. What other job do you get paid more before you put in consistent results? He's acting like he's a UFC vet with 10+ fights.
He also is completely clueless.

Fight 1: uses a slur word (which I got dubs for repeating) to antagonize the crowd.

Fight 2: gets booked at the only venue with no crowd.

<{vega}>"Hey so why am I not getting bonus money thrown at me?"

The fact that Paddy tried this with Ariel and it blew up in his face should be a strong enough warning not to try and pull this off as a nobody.

Back