News Dana White says Mcgregor vs Chandler will "Hopefully" Happen This Year "There Is No Set Date, Eyeing End of The Year"

Crazy we waited a whole year for December 2023, and it still might be another year. At this point I don't care.

Who's actually waiting though?

Outside of a handful of diehards, does the general public care about a guy who hasn't had a big win since Obama was president?

It's looking like Chandler's career got derailed for no reason. He was having a good run of super violent fights in the UFC.

Guessing the ufc isn’t giving Conor a fight until he signs an extension. 2 fights left on the deal. If you let it get down to 1 Conor has too much power

I think this is not Conor's fault.. I think the UFC wants to wait out Chandler.

By contract the UFC has to offer Chandler fights.

I bet they want to give Conor an easier fight or a title fight/title eliminator. Like Leon vs McNugget.

They want Chandler to get antsy, sign a fight and then they will immediately get Conor a fight.

Wtf Leon easier then Chandler. Leon is the WW champ and Chandler is 2-3 in the UFC. Do you feel no shame gassing Mike like that ?

its 100% obvious what is happening here: Its not conor avoiding a piss test, its not conor trying to duck chandler, its not conor trying for opponent A, B or C. Its the UFC putting the screws to conor. They want him to sign another contract becuase the last one he signed is in danger of elapsing. If he signs a new one he can fight literally whenever he wants. The UFC are dragging their feet and conor knows it. He cant come right out and say it but he knows whats going on.

Guessing the ufc isn’t giving Conor a fight until he signs an extension. 2 fights left on the deal. If you let it get down to 1 Conor has too much power
exactly my thoughts

Fall?

Chandler should take a fight. And hope Conor does actually keep his word at some point (doubtful.. Conor screwed Dustin’s charity over).

To sit out that long at his age. It’s a really crappy idea. Surely he can find a relatively safe stay busy fight. Conor is an addict, allegedly. He can’t be trusted to keep his word. Don’t move on, but take a fight, imo. He gets paid well, and is nearing the end of the road.

For what its worth, even conor was posting on his IG demanding the UFC give him a date.

He has said it numerous times now.

I think he genuinely wants to fight.

Conor said he was ready to go. Why is the UFC making them wait?

I think UFC's broadcast deal with ESPN is up at the end of the year and they're looking to put themselves in a good position of strength to negotiate for whatever is next. McGregor supposedly only has 2 fights left on his current deal, in a perfect world for the UFC I imagine they'd like McGregor smashing Chandler in a big PPV at the end of the year (however likely we think that is) and have that help springboard them into getting a massive new broadcasting deal for 2025 and beyond.

maxresdefault.jpg
In regards to Conor fighting again. I don’t recall Dana lying. He’s going by what Conor is telling him. What Conor told USADA. He was supposed to join the testing pool last June. To put in 6 months of testing before 296. Dana repeats what he’s been told to the media. But you can tell he’s had just about enough of Conor’s bullshit.

You can’t blame Dana for this.

Dana White went on the Pat Macfee Show and was asked about about Mcgregor vs Chandler saying:
"Eventually. Hopefully this year. I'm hoping for the fall"

Is this fight ever gonna happen or was Mcgregor screwing Michael Chandler over this whole time? lol

Fuckin FALL?
Holy shit, they might as well fuckin cancel it before it ever happens.

Plenty of reasons:

(1) McGregor will fight Chandler: he has been begging the UFC to set the date for a long time. He keeps doing interviews saying UFC won't make the fight set yet.

(2) McGregor will destroy Chandler: he's faster, stronger, more agile, better grappler, and a far better striker. McGregor at 50% beats Chandler. Eddie Alvarez is better than Chandler in almost every sense and McGregor put on a -800 show against him.

Nice troll game, no way you're actually stupid enough to believe this foolishness.

I really hope so.

Fall?

Chandler should take a fight. And hope Conor does actually keep his word at some point (doubtful.. Conor screwed Dustin’s charity over).

To sit out that long at his age. It’s a really crappy idea. Surely he can find a relatively safe stay busy fight. Conor is an addict, allegedly. He can’t be trusted to keep his word. Don’t move on, but take a fight, imo. He gets paid well, and is nearing the end of the road.
If he loses the stay-busy fight, he loses the greatest opportunity of his career. Waiting for McGregor must be frustrating, but it make the most sense for his career.

If McGregor signs to fight someone else, Chandler can claim McGregor is ducking him(which he is) and move on, but as long as he's the presumptive comeback opponent for by far the biggest star in MMA, he would be a fool to risk losing that position.

Fuckin FALL?
Holy shit, they might as well fuckin cancel it before it ever happens.

I get it, we're all tired of waiting. But this is going to be probably the biggest fight since McGregor vs Diaz. It'll be worth the wait, even if it's not until 2025.

Chandler has other things going for him besides fighting, he can afford to wait it out. McGregor will fight him, and destroy him. Chandler will get millions for his beating though.

Lmao...holdin on hard to his short and curlies huh sir?

I get it, we're all tired of waiting. But this is going to be probably the biggest fight since McGregor vs Diaz. It'll be worth the wait, even if it's not until 2025.

Im not tired of waiting, Im tired of hearing about that useless little leprechaun.

He's finished.

I think UFC's broadcast deal with ESPN is up at the end of the year and they're looking to put themselves in a good position of strength to negotiate for whatever is next. McGregor supposedly only has 2 fights left on his current deal, in a perfect world for the UFC I imagine they'd like McGregor smashing Chandler in a big PPV at the end of the year (however likely we think that is) and have that help springboard them into getting a massive new broadcasting deal for 2025 and beyond.

The UFC's value isn't dependent on one guy who can sell PPVs. The value is in weekly live content that draws eyeballs to a dying medium in cable TV.

If they're not booking Conor, it's probably because Conor isn't ready to go despite whatever bullshit he's saying on social media.

Back