• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Dwayne the rock johnson once thought about fighting in mma

I too thought of getting into MMA once. I was like "hmm what if I was a fighter. That's something I could try to do."

I didn't do it but I sure as shit thought about it!!!

The Rock debuted November 6, 1996 and by November 15, 1998 he was world champion.

I think Dwayne is full of shit here

rocky-maivia.jpg

Dude is full of shit! Lmao!
I once thought about fighting in MMA too. Doesn't mean I wasn't gonna get my shit pushed in!

So The "pebble" was going to try and be the original CM Punk then? Too bad we didn't get to witness it.

I also once thought about fighting in MMA

That's the nice thing about thinking, everybody can do it (allegedly)

I just don't see him trying to go to PRIDE the year that it started. He probably didnt even know that shit existed.
I gotcha. My nerd ass remembers him and Shamrock having an IC title program at that same time, so I kinda figured he would've heard about Pride thru that.

Actually fighting though, total horse shit lol

Reactions: HHJ
He would have gotten destroyed, lol what is he going to use his football background? He's going to tackle his opponent? Lol.

I laughed the same way when the undertaker told arield helwani "safe bet" when ariel asked him if he would have tried mma 25 years ago if it was more popular. I guess undertaker was planning on slam dunking his opponents with his basketball background.

These guys would have never won in mma, everyone in wwe thinks they're brock when they aren't, the only guys in mma who even get anywhere were ncaa champions like lashley. Taker and Rock just wants fans to think of them like Brock Lesnar.

Very few people are in love with themselves on the level this man is. Absolutely full of shit/self promotion at all times.

This was debunked no?

On the JRE he claimed Mark Kerr convinced him to go to PRIDE because the money was great.

Supposedly this was in 97, before Kerr ever fought in PRIDE. In fact it was the year the entire organisation began.
Yeah I remember hearing him say this on JRE and being pretty annoyed. This is just straight up bs revisionist history on his part trying to make himself look like a legitimate tough guy. It’s not even like he was some scrappy brawler who came up through the territory system and learned how to stretch people. He wasn’t Sakuraba or something, he came up through WWF developmental. I don’t believe for a second that fighting was a genuine consideration of his. His claim plays like an old guy talking about how he almost went pro, which is even more ridiculous when you consider that Rock actually had tons of success at his chosen profession so there’s no need to fabricate “what-if” scenarios.

Rock a body builder. He would probably beat some of the chubbers at HW but he does not have Brock wrestling. He made smart choice to keep his brain and make more as an action star. Now an executive. Mommas don’t let your boys grow up to be cowboys or fighters.

Back