• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

I thought Costa looked the best he has in a while

This was terminator-Costa, same as vs Yoel. Robert won the fight, but not the war.. No real losers in this fight, they gave it all, Robert won because of abit more volume but Paolo did the most damage. But with the judging criteria I guess it was the right call. I hope Costa fights again soon, with the same intensity. Very entertaining.

His jab looked great but those low kicks from whittaker nullified that weapon.

This was terminator-Costa, same as vs Yoel. Robert won the fight, but not the war.. No real losers in this fight, they gave it all, Robert won because of abit more volume but Paolo did the most damage. But with the judging criteria I guess it was the right call. I hope Costa fights again soon, with the same intensity. Very entertaining.

Honestly I find it tough to judge damage sometimes. Costa was just a brick wall in this one and kept a poker face throughout.

He was fairly in shape, but what I saw in that fight is a guy that was losing most of the exchanges, and afraid of engaging, like not thrusting his own chin. Whitaker is not even in his prime, I don't see much future for Costa, unfortunately.

Maybe he can make money off that chin thrusting on OnlyFans

He did. Rob has been an excellent defensive fighter since he lost his belt 5 years ago. Even though he's been dropped and TKO'd by Dricus no one else has landed that many shots on him. Vettori and Gastelum couldn't even land one.
I thought Paulo would be missing all night but he looked more technical than usual. Jab and legkick on point.

Great fight, high fight IQ Costa is coming for that belt.

Costa has a few weaknesses that keep him from being a true top 5 guy. His fight IQ is one - the low kick and jab were working for him, but he didn't really pursue these openings. His boxing is his biggest problem though; it's just typical old school feet planted brazilian bum swinging. The best thing Costa could do for his career is find a gym that can develop his boxing game. Team Borracha don't seem to be doing much for him.

I'm a huge Rob fan but I thought Costa just edged it out. I'm also judging off damage as the #1. Only damage Rob did was the leg kick but it didn't really affect Costa. Whereas that spinning kick put Rob on that stank leg. Not sure if any fighter has been saved by the bell as much as Robert has been.

I'm a huge Rob fan but I thought Costa just edged it out. I'm also judging off damage as the #1. Only damage Rob did was the leg kick but it didn't really affect Costa. Whereas that spinning kick put Rob on that stank leg. Not sure if any fighter has been saved by the bell as much as Robert has been.

Nah.. All the visible damage Costa did was in the first round
Whittaker easily won round 2 and 3

Back