Media Fedor Emelianenko expresses interest in fighting Francis Ngannou

Could argue Fedor lost to Arona. Don't think that means much.

It the context of people in this thread acting like prime Fedor had nothing for Ngannou it definitely means something.

There are fanboys in here who are acting like Ngannou is so good that Fedor and others didn't belong in the cage with him.

I beg to differ. Prime Fedor, prime Cro Cop, prime DC, prime Cain, prime Ubereem, prime JDS and a handful of others could have definitely thrown down with Ngannou competitively.

Brother he fought in can crushing ages, he has at the most 6 legit top competition in those "33 fights undefeated."

Ngannou would massacre him, easily.

You dont need to educate me on the sherbro "can crushing" cliché. I know who Fedor fought without losing a single round for a whole decade.

Ngannou would the favourite but a legit HW as prime Fedor definitely stands a chance.

You dont need to educate me on the sherbro "can crushing" cliché. I know who Fedor fought without losing a single round for a whole decade.

Ngannou would the favourite but a legit HW as prime Fedor definitely stands a chance.
I only see Prime Fedor beating the Francis that lost to Stipe. I don't really see him beating the Francis that beat Stipe. Fedor is the more skilled and experienced fighter without a doubt but Francis was man handling men much bigger than Fedor and overwhelming them. I can't really see Fedor being able to survive that especially as a smaller HW.

Fedor I love you man, but stay retired from all combat sports. Just ride the sunset my friend.

Pride Era Fedor had power and Speed that beats Ngannou, current Fedor gets knocked out under a minute. MMA rules same thing especially after watching Ngannou's cuddling ground game against Gane.
Nah. He never had anything for francis

Any Fedor ever. Most overrated fighter in MMA history.
lol, francis'd have never ever beat guys like Coleman, Randleman or Crocop (and those are the very first names that come from the top of my head): a fight between him and Fedor'd have been one of the "circus matches" between his legit defences.

I only see Prime Fedor beating the Francis that lost to Stipe. I don't really see him beating the Francis that beat Stipe. Fedor is the more skilled and experienced fighter without a doubt but Francis was man handling men much bigger than Fedor and overwhelming them. I can't really see Fedor being able to survive that especially as a smaller HW.

Francis was also going to very close decs with Lewis and Gane.
Yes, he would be the favourtie but to completely write off Fedor in his best day is not realistic.

Francis was also going to very close decs with Lewis and Gane.
Yes, he would be the favourtie but to completely write off Fedor in his best day is not realistic.
I never said I wrote Fedor off completely. I just think if he did beat the version of Francis that beat Stipe, it would be a very, VERY hard fought close decision win. Francis is a terrifying night out for any of the top HW's of Fedor's era and he very much has a chance to beat them all simply cause he's probably the most genetically gifted HW in the history of the sport.

It the context of people in this thread acting like prime Fedor had nothing for Ngannou it definitely means something.

There are fanboys in here who are acting like Ngannou is so good that Fedor and others didn't belong in the cage with him.

I beg to differ. Prime Fedor, prime Cro Cop, prime DC, prime Cain, prime Ubereem, prime JDS and a handful of others could have definitely thrown down with Ngannou competitively.
Ah, yeah, I agree. I read the previous page after I posted and I see where you're coming from.

Yeah, it's not a promise that Ngannou would just run through everyone. I thought you were trying to throw Ngannou under the bus.

Recency bias type of stuff.

Ok fine if it gets booked how much do I have to pay to never see it or clips of it?

Fedor would stand as much of a chance vs. Ngannou, present day, as Ronda fighting Cain back in the days.

At least Ronda didn't express any interest in actually fighting Cain, so realistically Fedor is the more delusional of the two.

Nah. As fans of fighters we admired of the past, someone including their loved ones have to say to them "enough is enough" before he incurs anymore permanent injuries

“I can fight MMA guys, too. I’d like to fight Francis Ngannou. I want to box him. I can’t do MMA anymore, but I’d like to box him.

“I saw that fight [vs. Fury],” he concluded. “Maybe it’s not overconfidence but it’d be interesting to fight him. It’s not that [I’m fearless].”

giphy.gif

There's this thread.

Wow! Long time veteran fighters just don't like hanging it up!
In some ways it's admirable, but there are also humanistic concerns.

Back