Crime Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings

The author of this study has an interesting wiki. He got suspended from Harvard for years for Me Tooing the ladies, and tried to play the race card over it haha.

In 2019, a series of investigations at Harvard determined that Fryer had engaged in "unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature" against at least five women, that he had fostered a hostile work environment in his lab, and also cited unspecified conduct violations regarding Fryer's grant spending and lab finances. As a result, Harvard suspended Fryer without pay for two years, closed his lab, and barred him from teaching or supervising students.[2][3]

In 2021, Harvard allowed Fryer to return to teaching and research, although he remained barred from supervising graduate students for at least another two years. Fryer apologized for the "insensitive and inappropriate comments that led to my suspension", saying that he "didn't appreciate the inherent power dynamics in my interactions, which led me to act in ways that I now realize were deeply inappropriate for someone in my position."[4]

Fryer alleged that he was "unfairly scrutinized ... for his skin color."[29] Harvard confirmed that its Office for Dispute Resolution (ODR) received complaints against Fryer in January, March, and April 2018.[30] A total of 38 complaints were received from a[clarification needed] former assistant who worked in EdLabs. The investigation found that he had "engaged in “unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature” against at least five employees over the course of a decade," according to the New York Times.[31] The report stated that he made references to various colleagues engaging in sex acts.
[31]
Lol, so the tenured Harvard professor who's been there for nearly 20 years, authored 50 papers, awarded a MacArthur genius fellowship and John Bates Clark medal, by pure coincidence, just happened to be accused of the only misconduct that requires no evidence and had his lab shut down right after publishing a paper debunking a racial grift? Did he also run a gang rape ring in high school and shout "this is MAGA country"?

<36>

Chuds and magats - "this is irrefutable proof that the police aren't racist"
I found the actual study. He actually calls police "utility-maximizers" and acknowledges discrimination is a problem with some of them. But basically, they prefer to just beat minorities because shootings are too problematic to deal with lol.

"This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On nonlethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than 50 percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force—officer-involved shootings—we find no racial differences either in the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of whom have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings."

Lol, so the tenured Harvard professor who's been there for nearly 20 years, authored 50 papers, awarded a MacArthur genius fellowship and John Bates Clark medal, by pure coincidence, just happened to be accused of the only misconduct that requires no evidence and had his lab shut down right after publishing a paper debunking a racial grift? Did he also run a gang rape ring in high school and shout "this is MAGA country"?

<36>
You had me rolling with the "this is Maga Country"..........

In this thread: chuds make a rare attempt to cite academic research and immediately fall flat on their faces and start shitting themselves.
There are many notable examples of their obscene hypocrisy, but the way they handle intellectuals is a real blatant one.

When academia disagrees with them: "Colleges are bastions of left-wing group think! Who care what they think? They're worthless! I went to the university of life and know more than them, with their gay books!"

When they find someone who they think can be useful to their cause: "Ha!!! Who are YOU to question him, peasant?! He teaches at HARVARD!!!!"

I found the actual study. He actually calls police "utility-maximizers" and acknowledges discrimination is a problem with some of them. But basically, they prefer to just beat minorities because shootings are too problematic to deal with lol.

"This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On nonlethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than 50 percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force—officer-involved shootings—we find no racial differences either in the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of whom have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings."
Did you watch the interview? It doesn't look like it.

Did you watch the interview? It doesn't look like it.
Nope. Can't watch any media right now. But based on this beaut's wiki page I wouldn't be surprised to hear him talking out of both sides of his mouth, especially if he's on Fox News or similar.

This is like, "I'm going to read the definition of a word, but I'm going to stop after the first 2 words of the definition"

Really galaxy brained stuff here.

You JUST said "you think you know more than a Harvard professor?" The Harvard professor is saying you're wrong. He's saying his own study isn't evidence of anything.

Again, are you ever going to get tired of owning yourself?
he is NOT saying his own study is evidence of nothing at all. thats an absolute and intentional LIE. why be a liar like that? he said you cannot extrapolate his study and apply it to the entire nation. there is a big difference. he also said he was surprised NOT to find evidence of racial bias in shootings in areas he studied which is why he got an entirely new team together and redid the entire study.... only to get the same surprising data.

I think there is a lot to discuss honestly about this story concerning methodology but lying is not helpful to the discussion.

Last edited:
he said you cannot extrapolate his study and apply it to the entire nation.
glad you agree with me. Now go and tell this over and over to your chud friends in this thread, that are saying his study CAN be applied to the entire nation.

@Lucas1980 I see you liked his post. So you are also in agreement with the quoted, that the study's findings cannot be extrapolated to the entire nation?? Which is it??

glad you agree with me. Now go and tell this over and over to your chud friends in this thread, that are saying his study CAN be applied to the entire nation.
I don't have any chud friends, am firmly on the left and convinced entirely of national racial bias among the police force.

I just don't think people should lie intentionally to win arguments because that's despicable behavior that people can see through and increases division in the country....

its also very trump like.

I'm sure there has been bias in limited areas, given the amount of gun violence in some areas to begin with.

But as for a systematic bias, that has always been a leftist wet dream, one that only serves to further damage the relationship of blacks who need a strong police presence, and cops who have the task of trying to reinstall trust after the last 10 years

From the article in the OP.

The study found that police were more than twice as likely to manhandle, beat or use some other kind of nonfatal force against blacks and Hispanics than against people of other races.

"brainwashed by the media"
or you know, mountains of academic research and data that have indicated for decades that cops are racist.

but of course, you see one headline about a study that reaffirms your pre-existing bias, and you're like "THIS IS IT! I KNEW IT!". And the article you're reacting to doesn't even fucking link the study so that you can confirm its findings for yourself. All it takes is one headline and you're completely convinced lmfaooo

Brainwashed by the media, meaning that the media only focuses on one demographic, making it seem like they are the only ones targeted or wronged by the police.

But you already knew this.

Fryer claimed the data showed "no racial differences in officer-involved shootings," he said, "all hell broke loose," and his life was upended.
Fryer received the first of many complaints and threats four minutes after publication.
"You're full of s—t," the sender said.
Fryer said people quickly "lost their minds"
mountains of academic research and data that have indicated for decades that cops are racist.
God DAMN - that's a pretty fucking big problem with the study's design isn't it?
Are you retarded?
Really galaxy brained stuff here.
I just broke down the facts and data for that idiot.
It's really just a monumental display of stupidity in this thread.
"Facts and data" lmfaooo.
Op got blown the fuck out of the water before the first page was done.
Lol @ being so fucking stupid
You're so, so, so, fucking stupid man.
giphy.gif

Back