You kids seem confused, Usman and Colby best WWs ever and they would destroy GSP under today's rules

Yeah its hard to write off. Maybe if GSP had gone on to defend that WW title for a record number of times and move up to win a belt in another division and never lose another fight again we could write it off as a fluke but yeah Super Embarrassing.
I’m sorry I’m not trying to insult gsp. Obviously he’s legend.

But even he couldn’t go undefeated to becoming a champion in the ufc. Usman did. And Usman was undefeated onto winning the belt and defending it 5 times (almost 6).

If prime GSP fought prime Usman, it’s hard to say who would win. But I would pick Usman.

everyone remember its grown ups posting this stupid shit

Belal would probably beat GSP too.

The guy tapped to strikes against Matt Serra

<{ByeHomer}>

Neither threaten a finish.
Colby certainly controlled Masvidal, Woodley or Kim who are no slouch. Won the interim tittle vs RDA which was a competitive fight of higher level than Fitch close fights vs Sanchez, Pierce or declining BJ.
Maia and Lawler were very legit wins too even past their prime

colby LOST to rda

You kids get off my lawn!

The minute GSP ducked under Colby’s jab, landed the double leg and planted him on his ass Colby would look like a fish out of water. I could see GSP landing some devastating knees to the body while in side control. It would all she wrote for Colby. I doubt Usman could have handled GSP’s lightning quick level changes either.

Last edited:
Who’s Colby’s best win?

37 year old Masvidal on a 2 fight losing streak?
38 year old Woodley on 2 fight losing streak?
37 year old Lawler on a 2 fight losing streak?
Dong Hyun Kim.

Very underrated fighter. Only champ or top contender level fighters were able to beat him.

The old hardcore true fans of the sport who are not casuals will never accept that all sports evolve and competitors today would whoop the competitors of a decade ago. Neil Magny and Abubakar Nurmagomedov would probably be top 5 title contenders back in GSP era

GSP is a better striker than both of them for sure. I would give the edge to GSP in wrestling as well.

Usman/Colby came in a time where WW was weak. Guys like Robbie/Maia/Woodley started getting old. Lightweight journeymen like Jorge and Burns were challenging for the title. Even very undersized RDA after he lost the belt at 155 fought an extremely competitive fight with Colby.

I would favor guys like a prime Johny Hendricks, Rory MacDonald and Lawler over them.

A bloated lightweight in RDA was taking Colby down in their fight and used wrestling to take two rounds off of him. Georges would power double him all night long and when they were standing, jab his fucking face off.

Usman is great, but I wouldn’t say he’s a better wrestler than Hughes neither would I say that Colby is.

In terms of Boxing guys like BJ Penn and Nick Diaz outshine the both of them too imo.

Submission game Usman has a better win with Burns under his belt who is a BJJ world champion.

You have to bear in mind that TS is completely disconnected from reality and likely has a fetish for being verbally abused on the internet.
TS name is the great reset.
So chances he is a previous banned WR poster working his way back to 500 posts.
And based on this shit thread he is probably also a flat earther and thinks aliens are already running around on earth among us. Because its up there with this sit about Colby beating GSP.

Hendricks, Fitch, Shields, Koscheck, Nick, Condit, BJ, Hughes, Ping..

Colby most likely loses more than he wins against that level of competition. Usman probably wins most but hes not beating all of them.

If we’re talking about the average gsp performance across all his fights where he’s not allowed to adjust to kamaru whatsoever then I would lean usman, but if he’s allowed to come back now in his prime and add stuff to his game I think gsp would beat him. Usman has never had a significant time period of looking invincible, gsp has

also, colby? Literally who has he beaten?

Fitch never had ko power
Neither dies Colby, he hasn't finished anyone since Obama was in office.
I’m sorry I’m not trying to insult gsp. Obviously he’s legend.

But even he couldn’t go undefeated to becoming a champion in the ufc. Usman did. And Usman was undefeated onto winning the belt and defending it 5 times (almost 6).

If prime GSP fought prime Usman, it’s hard to say who would win. But I would pick Usman.
It is not hard to pick, GSP dominantly 50-45's Usman 9/10 times, the other 1 time he finishes him. Footstomp Marty would have been embarrassed.
Usman is literally a devolved fighter from GSP who was much more dynamic. 40% of Usman's title reign was beating up Jorge Masvidal for fucksake.

Reactions: lsa
Back