News Jamie Pickett retires following 5th straight loss

I'm never gonna hold something against a guy just because his performance wasn't that great. I reserve that for people who are dicks. Jamie Pickett never seemed like a dick.

Enjoy retirement, Jamie, thanks for the fights!
Well, it wasn't a one off performance. Not every fighter is going to be a champion, but the only time I remember seeing from fire from him was in his second Contender try out fight. Every other fight of his since then has been an uninspired bore. Even when he dropped Anders in the first round he didn't seem that excited to jump on it. You'd think if it's your last fight you'd try to give it your all.

Yet another one Bo "The GOAT" Nickal has beaten out of the UFC.

Damn is he good.

I didn't even realize who he was.

I was confused seeing a black MW. I was thinking white Flyweight who i thought retired years ago.

His mouth guard looked cool with them razor teeth

Thank God Bo got the test of a lifetime vs Jamie Pickett before he retired. Now Bo is facing one of the greatest talents in our sport today, 10-5 Cody Brundage.
At least Cody can wrestle better than Jaime sir.

Yes they should have Khabib come out of retirement for a guy in his 20's who just showed up. He shouldn't be facing punchers ranked similarly to him, because after all, he wrestled teenagers. Khabib would easily accept the contract if Dana offers to resurrect his father.
Username checks out

aldo.gif
I never realized Might Mouse was behind Aldo’s coach in the crowd

At least Cody can wrestle better than Jaime sir.

Yeah. While we've seen quite a few guys getting over-pushed (and it's always first round killing machines), I think they could have probably found someone more interesting for Nickal to fight without giving him a top 50 opponent.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Brundage can extend the lifespan of this fight. Nickal looks so incredibly raw, I wouldn't be surprised if Brundage won. Which is another reason why I would have tried to give him a more interesting name without giving him a tougher fight if that makes sense. Puna Soriano maybe, a guy who has already lost an adjacent-level bout when they brought Maximov in and is now starting to get finished.

Can't blame 14 not wanting to fight alex

Yeah. While we've seen quite a few guys getting over-pushed (and it's always first round killing machines), I think they could have probably found someone more interesting for Nickal to fight without giving him a top 50 opponent.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Brundage can extend the lifespan of this fight. Nickal looks so incredibly raw, I wouldn't be surprised if Brundage won. Which is another reason why I would have tried to give him a more interesting name without giving him a tougher fight if that makes sense. Puna Soriano maybe, a guy who has already lost an adjacent-level bout when they brought Maximov in and is now starting to get finished.

I don't care for Bo myself, but I feel like Cody is a decent test.
Soriano only likes to brawl, and I feel like that would be an easier fight for someone that can wrestle like Bo tbh sir.

I don't care for Bo myself, but I feel like Cody is a decent test.
Soriano only likes to brawl, and I feel like that would be an easier fight for someone that can wrestle like Bo tbh sir.

Yep, that's what I'm saying - Soriano is a bigger name/easier fight, but hey, maybe they tried it and couldn't secure the fight?

Yep, that's what I'm saying - Soriano is a bigger name/easier fight, but hey, maybe they tried it and couldn't secure the fight?
I think its time stop babying Bo sir.
If they weren't confident in his abilities they should've put him in the LFA and let him score easy wins there.

Back