How would you rank these fighters in order - Jose Aldo, Khabib, Izzy, DC, Mighty Mouse, Alexander Volkanovski?

I get that.

The thing is, there is no "GOAT" and if people want to rank someone or everyone on the list higher than Khabib, I dont care. It's only opinion after all.

My thing is, people always denigrate other's careers to hold up their own favorites.

When discussing people from different eras and weightclasses, its really just "who do you like better?" not "who is actually better" cos there's no way to prove that.
This in a nutshell.

Saint Jones excusing himself from this conversation and letting mere mortals take part in the fray is the pinnacle of humility.

All hail, Saint Jones.

I told you why DC is last in the post just above yours. And I feel my argument is pretty solid.
Nah. Jon Jones is much better than Dustin Poirier, Justin or Retired Conor.

I'm not holding it against DC that he wasn't the best fighter ever .

I don't even like DC but his resume absolutely is better than Khabib's

Saint Jones excusing himself from this conversation and letting mere mortals take part in the fray is the pinnacle of humility.

All hail, Saint Jones.
Comparing Saint Jones to these mere mortals would be a silly thing to do. I wanted to make the task somewhat challenging and have people think a bit.

Also, speaking of Saint Jones, 2 days ago some guy accidentally reversed his car into Jones car. Jones got out the car and seeing the size of him the driver was intimidated and ran off. Jones chased him down and the man begged him not to hurt him. Jones replied who said I am going to hurt you? I am here to give you a hug and a copy of the Holy Bible, please learn to drive safely. And then they went to Church and prayed together

Nah. Jon Jones is much better than Dustin Poirier, Justin or Retired Conor.

I'm not holding it against DC that he wasn't the best fighter ever .

I don't even like DC but his resume absolutely is better than Khabib's

I can see the point of not putting DC down just cuz he wasn't able to best Jon Jones. Khabib didn't face the (arguable) GOAT. Or even close.

Still, I have a hard time putting someone who's never been close to dominating (DC) above someone who did (Khabib).

One thing that will always stick out to me is that Khabib was afraid to lose at WW

for that reason alone .. the fact that all these other guys went up for the challenge

and he did not

bottom of the list in this scenario 100%

I can see the point of not putting DC down just cuz he wasn't able to best Jon Jones. Khabib didn't face the (arguable) GOAT. Or even close.

Still, I have a hard time putting someone who's never been close to dominating (DC) above someone who did (Khabib).
Khabib never had to face anyone remotely as good as Jones. Not even close really. DC would have a field day with fighters like Dustin, Justin and Conor if they were 205ers Akin to Rumble but far less dangerous standing. About the same threat on their back though.

One thing that will always stick out to me is that Khabib was afraid to lose at WW

for that reason alone .. the fact that all these other guys went up for the challenge

and he did not

bottom of the list in this scenario 100%

That's not a valid reason.

Did Aldo challenge himself by moving up? No.

Did DC? No, he started at HW and moved down.Then up again.

Izzy challenged himself by moving up and lost. That's not an accomplishment in itself.

1. Aldo
2. Demetrious
3. DC
4. Izzy
5. Volk
6. Khabib

Volk and Khabib are interchangeable. Khabib was obviously more dominant but Volk gets credit as he tried to fight the champ 2x at a higher weight class.

Izzy challenged himself by moving up and lost. That's not an accomplishment in itself.

Having balls is definitely an accomplishment in this fight game .. the fear of losing is the non accomplishment here

did he move in fear ? did any of them move up or down cause they were scared?

Like Chicken you know ... where is your chicken ?.Khabib was so scared of losing he stood in his own shadow

Having balls is definitely an accomplishment in this fight game .. the fear of losing is the non accomplishment here

did he move in fear ? did any of them move up or down cause they were scared?

Like Chicken you know ... where is your chicken ?.Khabib was so scared of losing he stood in his own shadow

I'm looking at actual accomplishments here.

Did Khabib avoid 170 out of fear of losing? Who knows. That's speculation.

IF Khabib went down to 145 like Aldo did to 135 his haters would have a fuckin heart attack.

If Aldo came up to 155 fought Khabib and got done in like Volk did against Islam theyd fuckin cry the blues and say its unfair

Back