Television Shogun

I'm a big fan of the older version. Chamberlain also had a much more charming appearance that he could realistically make the Japanese women wet. In this version, Cosmo Jarvis looks more like a clueless dog.

Mariko (Yoko Shimada) had an elegance and a way of carrying her body so that it almost floated above the earth. This series' Mariko doesn't even look like a Japanese one, more a mix between a Thai and a Cambodian.
She's the same actress in the godzilla series. Looks more jungle asian than japanese even thought she's ethnically japanese. She would never made it past any idol/commercial/tv audition in Japan. Maybe konbini clerk. Night shift. Where she'll only cater to drunk customers.

Only bad thing so far about the show is we haven't seen the hot hooker lady since E1.

Do they got Yabu boiling people alive in the new one?

Very good show so far. This and Tokyo Vice are two of the best shows on TV atm.

Reactions: HHJ
Like who?

What one thinks of hotness in women is highly personal taste.

What I think is missing from the new Mariko is the portrayal of a traditionally beautiful Iwate woman who inspires the admiration of ordinary Japanese. Body posture and an elegance that make those who get to experience an original Mariko feel very special.

In Japan, appearance is highly hierarchical, just like in South Korea. You have degrees for what you can make a reality of it in all areas of society. And at the top of that list is a woman like Mariko.

But if I were to decide on the casting of Mariko myself, I can name a few.

Minami Hinabe
oarshoqg2kj91.gif

Suzu Hirose
lTT4Zmy.jpeg

Nana Komatsu
EQxTFOH.jpeg

Looks incredible, exactly my kind of show.

And that actor in the thumbnail, hes great in everything i've seen him in.

Still cannot find an app that has the old shogun series. :(

I'm a big fan of the older version. Chamberlain also had a much more charming appearance that he could realistically make the Japanese women wet. In this version, Cosmo Jarvis looks more like a clueless dog.

Mariko (Yoko Shimada) had an elegance and a way of carrying her body so that it almost floated above the earth. This series' Mariko doesn't even look like a Japanese one, more a mix between a Thai and a Cambodian.
Pardon my ignorance, this is a remake? Where could I find the original?

Back