Crime Why is the term "Illegal immigrant" or "illegals" no longer appropriate? (vs "undocumented worker)

Is Illegal immigrant or "illegal" derogatory or offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 109 92.4%
  • I mean...kind of?

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
He’s trying to justify just crimes.

Illegal immigration is incredibly damaging in a number of ways of which he and others refuse to see. I’m glad there are those with kind hearts in this world, but you need to pair a kind heart with reason.
The number of ways being what?

And I would say reason is precisely what is lacking from you tribalists. Universalism is inexplicably linked to reason.

I was saying we don't call speeders "illegals" in a general sense. The point of "illegals" is dehumanization.
the point of anything else but "illegals" is suprahumanization, by creating a privileged group.

He’s trying to justify just crimes.

Illegal immigration is incredibly damaging in a number of ways of which he and others refuse to see. I’m glad there are those with kind hearts in this world, but you need to pair a kind heart with reason.

Yes those damaging ways are because you think diversity causes problems. Not everyone agrees with that. Maybe even most people don't agree with that.

the point of anything else but "illegals" is suprahumanization, by creating a privileged group.

This is because migrants are being given basic rights citizens aren't given.

And the whole point of that is to pit people against each other. If you don't have healthcare, UBI etc and you're a citizen and then a migrant gets those things its going to lead to resentment. And that is entirely the dynamic that both parties are going for. Pitting everyone against each other.

Offended by the guy in Scandinavia telling the guy in Texas there is no crisis at the US/Mexico border? LOL
But I didn't say that, I said that your opinion is not a fact. Your opinion is that it's a crisis, but how can you tell? What's the definition of an immigration crisis?

Yes those damaging ways are because you think diversity causes problems. Not everyone agrees with that. Maybe even most people don't agree with that.
You think the issue people have with illegal immigration is because they don’t like diversity?

But I didn't say that, I said that your opinion is not a fact. Your opinion is that it's a crisis, but how can you tell? What's the definition of an immigration crisis?

I’d ask you whether or not you think it’s a crisis, but you clearly don’t and you clearly don’t have an accurate view of the situation being A. Not an American and B. Literally on the other side of the world.

I wouldn’t comment on the policies of your country generally because I don’t experience it everyday.

You think the issue people have with illegal immigration is because they don’t like diversity?

Absolutley. They think it leads to cultural problems. They aren't anti capitalists so they have to find something else to blame the downfall of society on.

Absolutley. They think it leads to cultural problems. They aren't anti capitalists so they have to find something else to blame the downfall of society on.
Diversity is such a strength that it needs constant propaganda from media, constant action from the government to push it everywhere and a group of apparatchiks infiltrated almost everywhere to ensure it is observed or else.
But it's such a strength.

I’d ask you whether or not you think it’s a crisis, but you clearly don’t and you clearly don’t have an accurate view of the situation being A. Not an American and B. Literally on the other side of the world.

I wouldn’t comment on the policies of your country generally because I don’t experience it everyday.
So rather than answer my questions you'd reflect them back at me, except you think it would be pointless. Leaving you with nothing, then.

There are no other issues you see with illegal immigration?

Diversity is such a strength that it needs constant propaganda from media, constant action from the government to push it everywhere and a group of apparatchiks infiltrated almost everywhere to ensure it is observed or else.
But it's such a strength.

I didn't say it was a strength. I just said its not a weakness. People are people. Its a neutral thing.

The reason diversity is pushed so hard is so corporations can use diverse oppressors as a shield against criticism. Whereas people aren't going to hold back on a CIS white male. You know the whole "women dropping bombs means progress" meme but applied to every harmful thing the power structure does. For example the democrats 2 main alternatives to Joe Biden are a gay guy and a black-indian woman.

An immigration crisis to rob is when his preferred party is not in the WH.
What is the issue then? I've noticed you're very reluctant to say.

There are no other issues you see with illegal immigration?

No.

I guess the whole pitting people against each other thing? But that isn't the migrants fault. Thats the regimes fault they are exploiting the situation to distract people. "Hey look over there illegal immigrants are getting benefits no one else gets!!!!" This "immigration crisis" is a tool in the far rights tool box they could have used in 2004 or 2014. The situation was the same. They are using it now for whatever reason.

The reason diversity is pushed so hard is so corporations can use diverse oppressors as a shield against criticism. Whereas people aren't going to hold back on a CIS white male. You know the whole "women dropping bombs means progress" meme but applied to every harmful thing the power structure does.
well this is another discussion entirely. we might actually agree on how the wealth structures of america (and the world, because empire doesn't have borders, and the america wealth class is just one segment of the global wealth class, that is unimpeachably unpatriotic) have completely subordinated culture, including cultural wars, cultural protest, cultural advancement, to the secondary structure right beneath it, the corporate one. it's one of the reasons you can have 1000 genders but never a thought expressed anywhere meaningful about how the control framework actually functions, and especially when it comes to economy.

An influx of individuals exceeding the ability for processing to occur at the point of entry in a legal manner.

If and when the system is overwhelmed to the point of an inability to process the individuals attempting to illegally enter the country, there is a crisis.

When you add in the drugs and human trafficking, you’d be ignorant to say this isn’t a crisis.

100k dead in 2022 from drugs coming over the border. Not an issue? Not a crisis?

No.

I guess the whole pitting people against each other thing? But that isn't the migrants fault. Thats the regimes fault they are exploiting the situation to distract people. "Hey look over there illegal immigrants are getting benefits no one else gets!!!!" This "immigration crisis" is a tool in the far rights tool box they could have used in 2004 or 2014. The situation was the same. They are using it now for whatever reason.
You are a communist/anarchist aka someone who has no idea what they’re talking about.

You live in a fantasy land which will never occur.

well this is another discussion entirely. we might actually agree on how the wealth structures of america (and the world, because empire doesn't have borders, and the america wealth class is just one segment of the global wealth class, that is unimpeachably unpatriotic) have completely subordinated culture, including cultural wars, cultural protest, cultural advancement, to the secondary structure right beneath it, the corporate one. it's one of the reasons you can have 1000 genders but never a thought expressed anywhere meaningful about how the control framework actually functions, and especially when it comes to economy.

Okay fair.

I don't believe any pro trans people believe in 1000 genders(or whatever the actual number is) btw. The whole thing with trans people is switching between the 2 established genders. I'm convinced the 1000 gender thing is a strawman designed to make the left look stupid. Like maybe some CIA guy got a job in gender studys and just started writing nonsense with state support. Wouldn't put it past them. I'm never read or heard someone argue there were more than 2 genders. Like what would the third gender even be?

Back