Economy Wake up babe! The new right-wing mask-off moment just dropped! "Make the plebes toil away until they die!"

I would have never characterized myself as rich . . . but looking at it like this . . . .

giphy.gif

I recently lost an Aunt who deteriorated in a 3rd-rate nursing home where my Mother (who makes good money but will not be able to retire by the retirement age, and wont own her house before she passes) documented their neglect for a possible lawsuit. As she was deteriorating from ALS they kept sending her home from the Hospital because her insurance coverage ran out and this was a Hospital she worked at for a few years. They know her, personally. My Mother repeatedly expressed to them "if you send her home, in a week or less you're going to be picking up her body." They asked my Mother if she could take off work to care for her. She told them if she doesnt work they don't have a home. My Mother is in her 60's right now.

If you're in no danger of any of that kind of bullsh*t happening then yeah, you might be more "rich" than you think despite how you feel from your own perspective.

This is the dude who asked me for a fight, when I accepted and offered to pay to fly to him, pay for a lawyer for waivers, pay for the gym time, pay for any medical expenses, pay to have it filmed; he turned tail and ran.

I also did everything I could to antagonize him so hed man up; I have time on my hands and was so keen to punch a trump troll without legal repercussions.

He's not exactly an honest person who stands on his word

He's what we call a pussboy around here.

I already said where to fly to. Let me know when you've booked the flight.

The Tavistock Centre has recently been ordered to shut down but that was only after years of rushing children into gender transition.

Numerous British museums have either closed exhibits due to connections with the British Empire or put up signs disavowing that period in our history.

The Church of England have pledged to give £1billion in reparations for slvery.

The BBC has made educational material for children telling them that they can change gender.

There's loads more examples but all this has happened under a Conservative government. They'll almost certainly lose the next election and Labour will win and then all this stuff will get much worse.

I asked for this, but didn't have time to reply right away, so thanks for sending, sorry for not responding!

These are examples of identity politics (not sure about the slavery one so much), which is what I asked for.

I don't really have much of a problem with most of these examples, aside from closing exhibits. Why close historical exhibits, just change the framing if any of it is problematic. History has happened, there's no point pretending it hasn't.

But yeah, as I say, I don't really have much of an issue with most of this. Anything that broadens horizons and possibilities without enforcing them is fine with me, which is why I don't like closing exhibits. That shrinks horizons and knowledge.

I’m a musician. I never wanna stop

There are literally tens of thousands of musicians who never wanna stop, but must stop because they're not connected enough to pay the bills with steady work. Or who were once rich and ended up broke because despite making tons of money they didn't understand finance. And then there's those that get hosed by the industry:

There are literally tens of thousands of musicians who never wanna stop, but must stop because they're not connected enough to pay the bills with steady work. Or who were once rich and ended up broke because despite making tons of money they didn't understand finance. And then there's those that get hosed by the industry:

There are winners and losers in life.

I’m making a good living and have a great family. What more could I ask for? If I decide to stop it’s because I want to stop.

I recently lost an Aunt who deteriorated in a 3rd-rate nursing home where my Mother (who makes good money but will not be able to retire by the retirement age, and wont own her house before she passes) documented their neglect for a possible lawsuit. As she was deteriorating from ALS they kept sending her home from the Hospital because her insurance coverage ran out and this was a Hospital she worked at for a few years. They know her, personally. My Mother repeatedly expressed to them "if you send her home, in a week or less you're going to be picking up her body." They asked my Mother if she could take off work to care for her. She told them if she doesnt work they don't have a home. My Mother is in her 60's right now.

If you're in no danger of any of that kind of bullsh*t happening then yeah, you might be more "rich" than you think despite how you feel from your own perspective.

Couldn't hit like to show my support because I don't like that you went through that. Sorry to hear that bro.

There are winners and losers in life.
So? That’s property rights and capitalism. We made new rules because we didn’t like the outcomes when playing by nature’s rules. Then we saw how miserable the game can be with feudalism.

I think we owe each other a basic level of security in exchange for coexisting peacefully, playing a game we invented that guarantees there will be winners and losers.

I never agreed to a boxing match in a gym btw. I agreed to a fight.

You definitely don't want a fight outside a gym with me. I might kill you. I'm super happy to use weapons if avalible. The gym offer was to protect you.

The notion that fights outside of a gym are some sort of honorable exchange of hands is a childlike fantasy. Inside a gym fighting is sport with protective gear, rules, people about and so forth. Outside a gym you could have a knife, a set of keys in your pocket, a metal pipe up your sleeve. You might be wearing a set of rings that will cut my face up. You might be able to knock me over and I hit my head on a table edge, or bounce it off concrete. Your mate might decide to get involved at any given moment. The point being, no matter what you tell me I'll assume any and all of these things might be possible. My first instinct is always to just leave and ill do everything i can to do so but if you make me fight ill do anything I can to incapacitate you in a way you are not going to get back up from for a extended period of time. If there's a weapon about to use, I will.

I was raised being taught Taiaha and other traditional maori weapons for a few reasons like ceremonial reasons (powhiri ) cultural reasons (kapa haka) and family reasons. Maori have a caste system and my family are the Ariki line (incidentally this is why i had trustfunds, my tipuna had tens (100s of maybe) of thousands of acres of prime farming land ) of my Iwi, most of whom were warriors, we have entire martial arts systems using these weapons. You should never pick a fight with a Maori if it involves any weapon that's not a gun. We don't play nice. Actually, try not to pick fights with any polynesians, we dont play nice. See Haku etc.

Read up on The Maori Battalion (which my great grandad died serving in) if you want an idea of how maori fight. Rommel was both terrified of and admire the Maori. We may have committed a bunch of war crimes (allegedly) but that's because we didn't believe in surrender. Walking nazis off cliffs may have made more sense to us the feeding them or letting them go so we had to fight them later (again allegedly) We always finished our plate, so to speak. This is just how we went about things, we didn't fight in a way that western traditions sees as, ummm, not a war crime o0. We never ransomed nobles or famous warriors. If we captured them we would oftem eat thier hearts (if the put up a good fight, otherwise wed do other, much worse, or much funnier depending on your perspective, stuff).Nobody wanted to get into Bayonette fights with us in trenchs etc because of the weapon training. This is all within the last 200 years.

We are also a people of scholars, artists and traders. If you want to examine a culture that actually had the mytical poet/warrior, the right so idolizes, that's us.

You should never ask someone for a street fight unless you are prepared to die for the reasons I listed above. You'd have to be extremely stupid. More lessons for a child.

Now back ignore you go pussy. I'm unsure why the browser stopped ignoring you but nvm, I got to see more of your attempts to rationalize your obvious pussiness. Funny stuff. I hope you convince yourself, because nobody else believes you.

Edited to sound less like a threat and to explain what I meant.

Last edited:
How about poverty rate from 1900 to 1930. Do tell me.

Again, just dishonesty. The share of earner qualifying for the phase out has increased in the past couple of decades. That's why the funding shortfall exists for the most part.

Government programs don't work when you let folks pick what they fund. For example, I can't decline to pay property taxes that fund public schools because I have no kids.

That's a separate lever. You'd have to write your congressman.

As I mentioned previously, if you want the improve the program, it's also worth discussing if SS should be means tested.
Correct, they don't work if you give people the choice, and they don't work if you keep the same deal you made. You have to keep squeezing and squeezing and hope the jenga tower crashes on somebody else. You seem to be admitting that most people would opt out, so that's hardly an endorsement of a raging success of a program.

Not sure what you're looking for the with the poverty question, or why you don't answer it yourself, but social security doesn't have much to do with the increase in GDP or the decrease in poverty among working families. Working people don't collect retirement, and when it was passed in the 30s, the retirement age was higher than the life expectancy. Less than 5% of the population was over 65 at the time, with an average of about 10 years left for those who made it to 65, and now it's like 20%, with an average of 17 years left for men who make it to 65, and 20 years for women. And btw, 65-74 is the richest age group in the country, so it's taking money from the poorest age group, under 35, to give to the richest.

The case for it was a lot stronger when most people didn't live long enough to collect it, and everybody was poor and couldn't save any money to retire, and the few that did had it wiped out. Now it's just taking money out everyone income that you would have been much better off putting elsewhere. If you're about to turn 65, and just put that money into the S&P, you could have not even started until your mid 30s and still be a multi millionaire instead of waiting to collect your crappy $1700/month.

Yes and we have also automated a huge amount of processes that require human labor to produce goods. We should be working way less now than in the 1900s.
In terms of production of goods we are doing really well. About 10 years ago I was living in Arabia and all the nomadic tribesmen had cell phones. Hopefully automation and new technologies can also help with the availability of resources that rely on human labor or other limiting factors.

Correct, they don't work if you give people the choice, and they don't work if you keep the same deal you made. You have to keep squeezing and squeezing and hope the jenga tower crashes on somebody else. You seem to be admitting that most people would opt out, so that's hardly an endorsement of a raging success of a program.
Again, you keep pretending we are powerless when we aren't. Would you support raising the payroll phase out to 250K, or eliminating it completely?

I also have no idea how many people would opt in or not.
Not sure what you're looking for the with the poverty question, or why you don't answer it yourself, but social security doesn't have much to do with the increase in GDP or the decrease in poverty among working families.
You think Social Security did not reduce poverty for elderly American? That's like telling me you don't believe in gravity.
And btw, 65-74 is the richest age group in the country, so it's taking money from the poorest age group, under 35, to give to the richest.
Again, you keep ducking the point. Do you support means testing SS?
If you're about to turn 65, and just put that money into the S&P, you could have not even started until your mid 30s and still be a multi millionaire instead of waiting to collect your crappy $1700/month.
Which, again, you keep pretending that every American has this opportunity and means to. They don't. That's just not how the world works.

I’m making a good living and have a great family. What more could I ask for? If I decide to stop it’s because I want to stop.
It's s very fortunate that you have that, the majority of musicians don't.

Couldn't hit like to show my support because I don't like that you went through that. Sorry to hear that bro.

F*ckin Florida. Land of "only the wealthy deserve consideration...so long as they vote Republican."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back