Have you ever had Dim Sum?

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
Most Americans are only familiar with Chinese American cuisine like orange chicken and beef broccoli. But have you ever had Dim Sum? I do side work sometimes fixing kitchen equipment in a couple of chinese restaurants and they give me free food, all I can eat.

A lot of these you dip in chili flake oil sauce

Dim-Sum-Begoni-Bistro.png

mei-sum-dim-sum-assorted-mari-taketa.jpg

dsc033802.jpg

I love them. I started making gyozas recently and dim sum is the next step.

These are actually very complex dishes to make. I looked up on youtube once on how to make one of these and there's so many steps and intricacies.

They don't look like much but they are extremely delicious.
Yes very complex. You need to step up your game from your shitty overcooked steaks and mushy white rice. And lets not even get into your paper plates and plastic forks.

Yea I think I had the real shit. Went there with my ex for the first time with her family. I was eating chicken feet and I don't know what else.

Had to keep looking over to make sure I was eating it right.

These are actually very complex dishes to make. I looked up on youtube once on how to make one of these and there's so many steps and intricacies.

They don't look like much but they are extremely delicious.
The dough is always the hardest part to get right with this type of dish. I buy gyoza/potstickers wrappers at a Chinese market to make my gyoza and they're great. You can do the same with dim sum/dumplings. You just need a good grocery. The rest is surprisingly easy.

418299053_7207547729343404_3125358257428989351_n.jpg

You gotta go to a good dim sum restaurant to really appreciate it. It's hard finding one. These dishes take a lot of time and effort to make. Most restaurants churn them out and they come out not anywhere near as good as the authentic stuff.

You gotta go to a good dim sum restaurant to really appreciate it. It's hard finding one. These dishes take a lot of time and effort to make. Most restaurants churn them out and they come out not anywhere near as good as the authentic stuff.
And they all suck compared to Fried Dumplings.

The dough is always the hardest part to get right with this type of dish. I buy gyoza/potstickers wrappers at a Chinese market to make my gyoza and they're great. You can do the same with dim sum/dumplings. You just need a good grocery. The rest is surprisingly easy.

418299053_7207547729343404_3125358257428989351_n.jpg
Those look like garbage premade potstickers. I wouldnt even give them the dignity of calling them fried dumplings. They are too fucking thin. Seems like egg roll wrappers. And whats with that dipping water? Looks like dirty piss water. What did you do, add a packet of soy sauce with a TBSP of water?

I’d be surprised if anyone says they haven’t had dim sum..

Those look like garbage premade potstickers. I wouldnt even give them the dignity of calling them fried dumplings. They are too fucking thin. Seems like egg roll wrappers. And whats with that dipping water? Looks like dirty piss water. What did you do, add a packet of soy sauce with a TBSP of water?
Woo! Edgy.

Woo! Edgy.
I mean come on dude, at least add some fucking minced garlic and ginger and some thin sliced green scallions to that piss water dipping sauce. It will atleast mask the chewy leather texture of those premade potstickers.

Fairly regularly. My favourite dim sun is shrimp and scallion fried in tofu skin.

1155eabd320242ac110003.jpg

Some place steam them after in sauces, I prefer to have them dry and dip them in sauces just before eating them so they are still crunchy. Much better texture imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back