Rumored Francis Ngannou Might Put MMA on Hold for Another Boxing Match

You started with Conor being more accomplished then Francis. Jon actually is at LHW but Conor? Conor has a record of 10-4 in the UFC.

Frank is 14-2 in the UFC and won and defended the Undisputed HW title.
Conor won 2 belts with ZERO defenses. Not ZERO successful defenses but ZERO attempts. Only true accomplishments for Conor are at the box office and if that is the measuring stick then Frank is second only to Conor in making money off of his UFC career.

Throwing Conor's name around to try and bring down Francis is truly playing stupid.
I didn't say anything, you are the one making the ridiculous and idiotic statement that Ngannou achieved more than Jones. Embarrassing lies.

Ngannou is one of those athletes that I can´t dislike. He is a real badass. But, he is delusional about what he is capable of and his limitations and is responding with arrogance and even ignorance about boxing and fight sports. He has been seen as the African Hercules, I get it and I understand. But, after the most brutal knockout of the last 10 years at least, hasn´t he realized that maybe this boxing thing is a little bit more complicated than he thought?

He should. MMA is a fringe sport that no one cares about. The athletes are severely underpaid and the fighters are on the bottom of the professional athlete totem pole.
"MMA is just a fringe sport"..... "MMA athletes are severely underpaid"

Do you even think before you post?

Last edited:
Jones ruled LHW for years, moved up and beat the #1 contender, he is basically the MMA GOAT.
Yeah I agree he is LHW GOAT (assuming you put cheating aside). He moved up and beat some guy picked out of a hat. His HW title is of no legitimate lineage. His one and only HW win was NOT against a champion and not even a former champion. GSP moved up and he had only 1 MW win but it was against the reigning champion. Jon could have faced the last champion in Stipe Miocic but instead he and the UFC chose Cyril who is a perfect style match up for Jon.

Beating a single guy doesn't make you the champion. That is why when a title is vacated there should be a tournament, AN OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT otherwise the lineage is dubious. Charles wasn't truly the LW champion when he beat Chandler. It wasn't until he beat Dustin and Justin that his lineage was validated.

Jon isn't the HW champion that would be still vacant. Jon and Stipe are apparently fighting for the 2nd bracket of the HW touney. Tom beat Pav to win his spot in the finals. Jon may win his bracket and then retire and if Tom "Defends" his spot he AUTOMATICALLY becomes the DEFENDING CHAMPION and Jon's belt becomes the "Legacy" belt.

I didn't say anything, you are the one making the ridiculous and idiotic statement that Ngannou achieved more than Jones. Embarrassing lies.
Sorry I thought you were the one I was originally replying to. I was being a bit silly about Jon. His LHW accomplishments are great but he is a cheater. Steroids and intentional eye poking aren't nothing and they certainly bring everything he accomplished into question. Same applies to TJ Dillashaw.

Also at HW its no comparison Francis > Jon. Even if you look at the money making Francis > Jon with his move to box and his PFL deal.

It kind of makes sense, but obviously all of us want to see him in MMA again. He immediately went into boxing the top contenders, and now he's probably thinking how things would have gone had he gone in there against nobodies to get some boxing-only experience.

Sorry I thought you were the one I was originally replying to. I was being a bit silly about Jon. His LHW accomplishments are great but he is a cheater. Steroids and intentional eye poking aren't nothing and they certainly bring everything he accomplished into question. Same applies to TJ Dillashaw.

Also at HW its no comparison Francis > Jon. Even if you look at the money making Francis > Jon with his move to box and his PFL deal.
Yeah, I forgot that gane took Jones to a close decision and Ngannou finished him quickly and easily, obviously there is a huge disparity in skill.

Damn that's crazy, I remember being told at the time I was a UFC shill for saying Francis doesn't actually care about the PFL and that his PFL Africa Chairmanship meant sweet fuck all

I have no issue with Francis wanting to go fulfil some dreams trying to box and making life changing money while doing it, but that's all he actually cared about and that's starting to show now. It truly is a shock as to why the UFC didn't want to let their champion go and get sparked out in boxing and then refuse to fight in the sport they employ him for.

Yeah, I forgot that gane took Jones to a close decision and Ngannou finished him quickly and easily, obviously there is a huge disparity in skill.
One knee D1 francis beat Cyril in a 5 rounder. Didn't a MW on one knee take Jon to a SD????? So your argument seems to fall apart.

Cyril Gane is the prototype HW for Jon Jones to have as a PERFECT style match up. Volume striker with no massive One Shot power, No TDD, No offensive wrestling.

Rock always looks like the GOAT when matched up with Scissors.

Well, he's clearly aiming for the bigger bag(can't blame him), but getting murked in another boxing match would pretty much be the end of his career. He's a bit old now, so maybe he's just looking to sit on stacks of cash, and doesn't care about his "legacy".

We'd all do the same.
But that’s not what people are shitting on him for. Saying he slipped when he got flatlined and that boxing owes him is why.
He's delusional.

Last edited:
He’s never been in trouble in a fight, never been bullied, never been dropped, and never been slept. So to have all of those happen at once in front of the world, I think he feels embarrassed and emasculated. He thinks he has something to prove to be able to regain his confidence and put the embarrassment behind him. Which is a mistake.

AJ was not lucky, that was a lifetime honing of a particular skill. It will most likely be a similar result every time they fight. Maybe he can learn from it and move on.

He's obviously not elite top 10 professional boxer. He did strike gold with his split decision loss to Tyson Fury. Fury is an all-timer and J. Anthony is an elite HW boxer with plus power over the past 8 years. Losing to them takes the shine off but Ngannou can definitely be competitive in the gimmick fights that are so popular these days.

I know these opponents I'm suggesting are ridiculous and maybe even irresponsible, but if you don't think this is the kind of crap that sell these days, you probably was one of those guys who was 100% sure that Mayweather vs. McGregor would never get approved by an athletic commission.

Ngannou could box a Chris Arreola type - totally washed HW, or cajole one out of retirement like Steve Cunningham who last fought Frank Mir. Though the best one would be Jake Paul at a catchweight like 250. Yeah, ridiculous right? But THAT will sell.

Go ahead and tell me that's impossible matchup that would never happen. Like a Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson? Or a McGregor vs. Mayweather?

Damn that's crazy, I remember being told at the time I was a UFC shill for saying Francis doesn't actually care about the PFL and that his PFL Africa Chairmanship meant sweet fuck all

I have no issue with Francis wanting to go fulfil some dreams trying to box and making life changing money while doing it, but that's all he actually cared about and that's starting to show now. It truly is a shock as to why the UFC didn't want to let their champion go and get sparked out in boxing and then refuse to fight in the sport they employ him for.
Thaaaank you!
Some of us saw through his bullshit from the beginning. Francis nut swingers are awfully quiet now aren’t they.
He’s never been a draw and he def lost all his negotiating leverage at this point.
I mean what organization would sit down in good faith with this con man?
Dana sitting back laughing right now because he knows he dodged a bullet and now he's someone else's problem.

How do you conclude that? Jon never won the UFC HW title by beating the champion? Francis beat "The Man" and he defended it something Conor never did either. Also Conor never went the distance with the reigning HW champion in boxing. Conor got KO'd by an old retired boxer 2 weight classes smaller then him. At least Frank got KO'd by a HW not a BW.
I had no idea there was anybody who thought Francis Ngannou was a more decorated MMA fighter than Jon Jones. Jon's won more title fights than Francis even has fights in the UFC. Francis lost to Derrick Lewis, is 1-1 with Stipe, and nearly lost to Gane, who Jones only took 2 minutes to beat. Conor was at least 2-0 in title fights in 2 divisions at the time, and even that they had to handicap with an older smaller guy. Francis got flatlined in 4 minutes by a guy 20 lbs smaller than him.

The premise is wrong anyway because nobody wants to see Jones box either, nor would anybody say it's interesting if Conor tried to box Dmitry Bivol.

One knee D1 francis beat Cyril in a 5 rounder. Didn't a MW on one knee take Jon to a SD????? So your argument seems to fall apart.

Cyril Gane is the prototype HW for Jon Jones to have as a PERFECT style match up. Volume striker with no massive One Shot power, No TDD, No offensive wrestling.

Rock always looks like the GOAT when matched up with Scissors.
They share one common opponent and nothing from it suggests that ngannou is better than jones. Meanwhile, jones can swim in his pile of belts like Scrooge mcduck.

Only one ran away from the ufc to get paid to take naps, and it isn’t bones.

He's obviously not elite top 10 professional boxer. He did strike gold with his split decision loss to Tyson Fury. Fury is an all-timer and J. Anthony is an elite HW boxer with plus power over the past 8 years. Losing to them takes the shine off but Ngannou can definitely be competitive in the gimmick fights that are so popular these days.

I know these opponents I'm suggesting are ridiculous and maybe even irresponsible, but if you don't think this is the kind of crap that sell these days, you probably was one of those guys who was 100% sure that Mayweather vs. McGregor would never get approved by an athletic commission.

Ngannou could box a Chris Arreola type - totally washed HW, or cajole one out of retirement like Steve Cunningham who last fought Frank Mir. Though the best one would be Jake Paul at a catchweight like 250. Yeah, ridiculous right? But THAT will sell.

Go ahead and tell me that's impossible matchup that would never happen. Like a Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson? Or a McGregor vs. Mayweather?
So now we're at the point of saying boxing Jake Paul is Francis' best option right now?
🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Back