Didn’t realize Fiorot is 10 years older than Blanchfield

a pussy sommelier
clapping-cigar.gif

Manon Fiorot is 34. Blanchfield is 24.

Is this a factor?

It's going to be a factor going forward, obviously, but not at this stage, no.

If anything it might be a factor against Erin?

It's going to be a factor going forward, obviously, but not at this stage, no.

If anything it might be a factor against Erin?

Think a decisive factor is mileage. Blanchfield has one more fight than Fiorot under her belt, so I wouldn't say she's inexperienced compared to her (Fiorot obviously has competed in K-1 and muay thai, but if I recall correctly it's not a huge number of bouts), at least in MMA.

But maybe what you meant is Blanchfield has room to grow physically and technically still.

Think a decisive factor is mileage. Blanchfield has one more fight than Fiorot under her belt, so I wouldn't say she's inexperienced compared to her (Fiorot obviously has competed in K-1 and muay thai, but if I recall correctly it's not a huge number of bouts), at least in MMA.

But maybe what you meant is Blanchfield has room to grow physically and technically still.

For sure, I think if you're 34 and have had infinite brutal wars, you're at a physical disadvantage to a 24 year old with a nice clean record.

If you've both got nice clean records, though, if anything I'd give the physical advantages to the 34 year old.

I think Manon is relatively unmarked and super strong, so unless Erin has a pronounced technical advantage then she'll find some of these spots pretty rough.

Depends on how well Maniot fights off her back, Once Erin takes her down it's pretty much over. Fiorot's striking could give Erin some problems, but I don't see her over-committing due to the threat of Erin's TDs.

If Erin can even take her down.

She couldn't dominate Santos, who is a forward striker, and she was getting spanked by JJ Aldrich. JJ was stuffing her tds and outstriking her easily.

Manon is good at fighting off the back foot and she's strong. If JJ can shrug Erin off as easily as she was before the standing sub, then I think Manon will be able to.

That said, one of Manon's best moves is her defensive side kick. That ain't going to be much of an option here. Erin will jump on that and use it against her.

And 3 rounds absolutely helps Erin. I fully expect Erin to get completely outclassed for 2 rounds before taking over as Manon slows from fighting backwards so much.

Will never not make me chuckle when a guy with 23k posts on a karate forum cosplays as a pussy sommelier

No fucking clue what "cosplays as a pussy sommelier" is supposed to mean but I'm sure it's infinitely less pathetic than white knighting some 4/10 female athlete who doesn't know you exist.

No fucking clue what "cosplays as a pussy sommelier" is supposed to mean but I'm sure it's infinitely less pathetic than white knighting some 4/10 female athlete who doesn't know you exist.
Pretty sure he's saying you like to dress up like a pussy Sommelier but I think it would have been more appropriate to just say you were LARPING (Live action role playing) as cosplay in this context doesn't make much sense. Sommelier basically means wine expert.

Pretty sure he's saying you like to dress up like a pussy Sommelier but I think it would have been more appropriate to just say you were LARPING (Live action role playing) as cosplay in this context doesn't make much sense. Sommelier basically means wine expert.

Ah, like a "connoisseur" but in a costume. I don't ever recall acting like an expert.

If Erin can even take her down.

She couldn't dominate Santos, who is a forward striker, and she was getting spanked by JJ Aldrich. JJ was stuffing her tds and outstriking her easily.

Manon is good at fighting off the back foot and she's strong. If JJ can shrug Erin off as easily as she was before the standing sub, then I think Manon will be able to.

That said, one of Manon's best moves is her defensive side kick. That ain't going to be much of an option here. Erin will jump on that and use it against her.

And 3 rounds absolutely helps Erin. I fully expect Erin to get completely outclassed for 2 rounds before taking over as Manon slows from fighting backwards so much.
Odd comparison. Santos is very physically strong and is a great grappler herself. That fight took place in the clinch alot.

Fiorots grappling and clinch game is unknown.

Odd comparison. Santos is very physically strong and is a great grappler herself. That fight took place in the clinch alot.

Fiorots grappling and clinch game is unknown.

Eh, I think Santos is a bit overrated to be honest. She was a massive can crusher out of the UFC, and couldn't finish a lot of girls in the UFC that she should have. She had a good night against Val, of course.

Not really. Manon is better for them now compared to Erin.

She's 34. If she loses this, she won't be fighting for a belt until she's at least 35-36 or even longer because we have to wait for a resolution to Grasso/Shev, and then the winner would fight Erin.

If she wins the belt within the next 12 months, they'll have some time with her as champ, which is amazing for their expansion into the french market. If she doesn't win it, then there goes a big opportunity with the French, but also, she'd have to win it later at like 36 years old. Not a good age at FLW. Shev is 36 and has noticeably declined in the last 2 years. Manon as champ at that age might not last long, provided she can even get it.

With Erin, it don't matter if she loses now. The UFC have plenty of time with her compared to Manon. Even if she didn't win the belt for another 5 years, they'd still have another good 5 years of her in her prime.

Erin is also just another American. They've had plenty of those. And Erin isn't really some big needle mover. She's not going to bring in the numbers that Manon would bring in with the french.

If I'm the UFC I'm praying for a Manon win. Maybe even spike Erin's food or something.
I like the way you think. And I have a job for you, regarding... eh, food.

Seriously, Blanchfield has like a whole career waiting for her, there's no rush indeed. I'm not really sure Manon will win, but she definitely can, if she manages to hurt Blanchfield early enough. Manon is really next to a crossroad, where she probably has the best mix of experience, skills, and physical abilities, but it might change very quickly.
In the end, the best time to fight Blanchfield is right now, because time won't help at all.

Regarding France, she's probably our closest chance at getting a belt "soon".
Obviously we're also waiting for Jones' retirement, then maybe Gane will have a decent opportunity. But Aspinall is here too, so fuck that.
The French MMA landscape might look quite good in a few years though.

Back