Television What's the best TV series in the last 5 years?

Out of these TV series - Which 4 are the best?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say.

scale

MV5BZGUzYTI3M2EtZmM0Yy00NGUyLWI4ODEtN2Q3ZGJlYzhhZjU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM0OTY1OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Either these two.

Currently running, easily:
OIP.bwLC_YXM34V7nFFb70bt7AAAAA

Past 5 years:

1842363-b.jpg

Arcane-Poster-300x444.jpg

Amazon-Invincible-Poster-333x500.jpg

ted-lasso-movie-poster-md.jpg

Andor-Poster-300x444.jpg

The_Bear_2022_FX.png

Fargo would have made the cut, but the third season was 2017, and the latest season, strong as it was, doesn't cut it for this by itself the way the pilot seasons of Arcane and Severance do. I haven't seen Succession, and while I've watched a few episodes of The Crown, I haven't really dug in. I'll admit Squid Game was wonderfully executed, but that premise is so tired, I can't include it. The Mandalorian has gotten far too weak in the later seasons; it pales in comparison to Andor. House of Dragons is top notch, but a shadow of the main series. Better Call Saul likewise suffers for me.

I'm a massive fanboy for Taylor Sheridan, but I want anyone who thinks about putting down any Yellowstone series to understand, your pick is going to age as well as all the guys on here who gushed over Sons of Anarchy during its run. Settle down. It's gangsters in cowboy hats. It's trite pulp.

Currently running, easily:
OIP.bwLC_YXM34V7nFFb70bt7AAAAA

Past 5 years:

1842363-b.jpg

Arcane-Poster-300x444.jpg

Amazon-Invincible-Poster-333x500.jpg

ted-lasso-movie-poster-md.jpg

Andor-Poster-300x444.jpg

The_Bear_2022_FX.png

Fargo would have made the cut, but the third season was 2017, and the latest season, strong as it was, doesn't cut it for this by itself the way the pilot seasons of Arcane and Severance do. I haven't seen Succession, and while I've watched a few episodes of The Crown, I haven't really dug in. I'll admit Squid Game was wonderfully executed, but that premise is so tired, I can't include it. The Mandalorian has gotten far too weak in the later seasons; it pales in comparison to Andor. House of Dragons is top notch, but a shadow of the main series. Better Call Saul likewise suffers for me.

I'm a massive fanboy for Taylor Sheridan, but I want anyone who thinks about putting down any Yellowstone series to understand, your pick is going to age as well as all the guys on here who gushed over Sons of Anarchy during its run. Settle down. It's gangsters in cowboy hats. It's trite pulp.

Those are very good picks.

last of us and squid games are my 2 favorite. My wife watches way more tv shows than I do and she really enjoyed ted lasso, chernobyl, witcher and queens gambit.

Andor and the bear are both great. Mando is up there too but last season was kind of weak.

Shogun has me really excited but i need the season to end strong.

I enjoyed:

Queens Gambit
Last Of Us
Ted Lasso

Probably more but those are the first that come to mind.

Apple TV

The Last Thing He Told Me - was pretty good. Angourie Rice and Jennifer Garner gave good performances imo.

Last edited:
Yellowstone
Queens Gambit
The Boys
Succession
Squid Game

I'm a massive fanboy for Taylor Sheridan, but I want anyone who thinks about putting down any Yellowstone series to understand, your pick is going to age as well as all the guys on here who gushed over Sons of Anarchy during its run. Settle down. It's gangsters in cowboy hats. ItS trite pulp
What? Dude Yellowstone at least first 3 seasons have been best show on TV since Breakiing Bad/ first 6 seasons Got.

Chernobyl was excellent in every aspect.

Lately I've enjoyed;

- House Of Dragons
- The Boys

I'm a serial Sopranos and Mr. Inbetween watcher though so not much gets a look in

Back