Media Ronda Rousey says “I’m the greatest fighter that has ever lived.”

I believe that she believes it at least

I think that some competitors need to believe in themselves to the point of delusion. If that's that the thing that lets her walk into the cage with someone looking to beat her unconscious... that's cool with me.

Whether it's Ronda, GSP, Mir, Nick Diaz... the psychology of some of the greatest ever is usually a mess.

I hope Ronda comes back and they cut other fighters to be able to pay her

Question is is Ronda a top 5 ever WMMA BW ? I dunno here

This book is going to be one of the most self serving things ever written

I think that some competitors need to believe in themselves to the point of delusion. If that's that the thing that lets her walk into the cage with someone looking to beat her unconscious... that's cool with me.

Whether it's Ronda, GSP, Mir, Nick Diaz... the psychology of some of the greatest ever is usually a mess.
To be fair, at her peak Ronda was the best WMMA fighter who hadn't been caught juicing. I think Cyborg would've beaten her, but Cyroid had failed a drug test already.

Of course, that's not saying much...WMMA was pretty new and there wasn't much competition. Like Royce Gracie in the first year or two of the UFC, she was a one-trick pony but had a skillset no one else did at the time. In addition, people were intimidated by her (same with early Royce) so were often defeated mentally before getting into the cage.

To be fair, at her peak Ronda was the best WMMA fighter who hadn't been caught juicing. I think Cyborg would've beaten her, but Cyroid had failed a drug test already.

Of course, that's not saying much...WMMA was pretty new and there wasn't much competition. Like Royce Gracie in the first year or two of the UFC, she was a one-trick pony but had a skillset no one else did at the time. In addition, people were intimidated by her (same with early Royce) so were often defeated mentally before getting into the cage.
So Royce winning in UFC wasn't saying much either? So we discount all pioneers?

it seems the knockouts she suffered enhanced her ego, not humbled it.
Nunes did everything and was the fighter that people thought Ronda would be

And they get made fun of nonstop for it, to the point where we even have photoshopped "big book of excuses" pictures for specific fighters.
Selective hatred

Unfairly Maligned

I mean, thats what she is supposed to believe.

Reactions: HHJ

I think she was great. I'm not taking a shot at her.

She may have come to a disappointing end losing to Holm and Nunes, but people dismiss the fact that Ronda absolutely walked through Tate who beat Holm and Cat who beat Nunes. So the skill level of her competition wasn't THAT bad. I think that's revisionist history.

I think she lost a step, probably got a little burnt out, and ran into 2 very bad style matches for her. It's happened to others.

And they get made fun of nonstop for it, to the point where we even have photoshopped "big book of excuses" pictures for specific fighters.
Yeah and is a dumb meme, not only does shit happens during camp and even during the fight, pretending they didn't just because you lost is silly but also if a fighter is still in the top of the division they can't admit to themselves that another fighter is better because that would be they pretty much accepting that they are now a gatekeeper and some fighters can't handdle that.

Reactions: HHJ
GOAT in everything.

On par with Steven Seagal.

main-qimg-eda22971dcdf42305731eab6e82a0b6a

Khabib didn't put himself on his best fighters of all time list. On the opposite end of the spectrum is Rhonda, the far far far opposite end of the spectrum. As in three universes, fourteen galaxies, twelve solar systems, and six planets removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back