Why aren't there more dinosaur movies?

They make 1 an its good then the sequels suck.

What other shark movies are there? The deep and Sharknado? That's it really, and Sharknado barely counts as a movie
Deep Blue Sea

Things are way too syndicated now and we expect brands to lead the show. Indiana Jones was meant to be a genre not just its own series. It is strange, as if all fantasy movies have to be set in Middle Earth.

There’s really nothing new you can make besides some kind of animated movies where dinosaurs can speak.

Other than that, the dinosaur genre is pretty much stuck to the same template.

1. Humans create dinosaurs
2. Dinosaurs escape
3. Repeat 1 & 2

Not really much you can do with that.

“Supposedly” Dinosaurs and Humans didn’t exist at the same time so you can’t make a prehistoric movie about the two interacting together.

And you really can’t make a movie all about dinosaurs that don’t speak, without any humans.

I mean I guess you could, I remember there was a movie back in the 80s that was popular in theaters. It was about a little bear, actually I think the name of the move was “Bear” or something like that.

But anyways the movie just followed a little bear around for a few days, no dialogue but you understood the premise of the movie.

I guess you could go that route…?

cos they birds now
Which begs the question, why aren't there more bird movies?

The was Hitchcock's "the birds" and then nothing until "Birdemic: Shock and Terror" --actually... Never mind. I just answered my own question.

Reactions: TCE
There’s really nothing new you can make besides some kind of animated movies where dinosaurs can speak.

Other than that, the dinosaur genre is pretty much stuck to the same template.

1. Humans create dinosaurs
2. Dinosaurs escape
3. Repeat 1 & 2

Not really much you can do with that.

“Supposedly” Dinosaurs and Humans didn’t exist at the same time so you can’t make a prehistoric movie about the two interacting together.

And you really can’t make a movie all about dinosaurs that don’t speak, without any humans.

I mean I guess you could, I remember there was a movie back in the 80s that was popular in theaters. It was about a little bear, actually I think the name of the move was “Bear” or something like that.

But anyways the movie just followed a little bear around for a few days, no dialogue but you understood the premise of the movie.

I guess you could go that route…?

I'd be down with an Apocalyptic take on the Jurassic Park premise.

Man creates dinos.
Inadvertently create prehistoric virus that kills lots of humans and ends civilization.

Fast forward 100s of years to movie setting where Dinos spread and repopulate.

Mad Max meets Jurrasic Park = Dinopocalypse.

What other shark movies are there? The deep and Sharknado? That's it really, and Sharknado barely counts as a movie

The Meg
The Meg 2
47 Meters Down
47 Metes Down : Uncaged
Sharktopus
Sharktopus Vs Whalewolf
Dinoshark
Megashark
The Shallows
Life Aquatic With Steve Sizzou
Open Water

And about 700 more on this fancy pants list here

I'd be down with an Apocalyptic take on the Jurassic Park premise.

Man creates dinos.
Inadvertently create prehistoric virus that kills lots of humans and ends civilization.

Fast forward 100s of years to movie setting where Dinos spread and repopulate.

Mad Max meets Jurrasic Park = Dinopocalypse.
That would be great and I wouldn’t mind nice little mix up like that.

But you have to look at it like, would it sell.

People would complain because the entire movie would be in subtitles because the people would be speaking in cave talk..

And if you made the movie where cave people were speaking English, then you would have ass hats like myself saying

!Fuck That, they didn’t speak English back then!

That would be great and I wouldn’t mind nice little mix up like that.

But you have to look at it like, would it sell.

People would complain because the entire movie would be in subtitles because the people would be speaking in cave talk..

And if you made the movie where cave people were speaking English, then you would have ass hats like myself saying

!Fuck That, they didn’t speak English back then!

But the movie is set in a post Apocalyptic future where you would still have modern language living in ruined cities...and some guns and a few working vehicles...like Mad Max...you asshat.

Short answer: it's sci-fi damnit! Lol

But the movie is set in a post Apocalyptic future where you would still have modern language living in ruined cities...and some guns and a few working vehicles...like Mad Max...you asshat.

Short answer: it's sci-fi damnit! Lol
So basically the Humans lost the War vs Dinosaurs and it’s set like what? One, Two hundred years into the future?

Languages can change dramatically within a generation or two. I’m not completely optimistic that humans would be speaking my language.

So basically the Humans lost the War vs Dinosaurs and it’s set like what? One, Two hundred years into the future?

Languages can change dramatically within a generation or two. I’m not completely optimistic that humans would be speaking my language.

Kind of. Creating the Dinos ala JP also brought back a disease/virus that humanity had little resistance too.

Set a few hundred years in the future like damn near every post Apocalyptic film...but with dinosaurs

Re: language... I guess if we're going to enjoy dinos vs humans we have to accept the survivors decendants still speaking a modern language.

Kind of. Creating the Dinos ala JP also brought back a disease/virus that humanity had little resistance too.

Set a few hundred years in the future like damn near every post Apocalyptic film...but with dinosaurs

Re: language... I guess if we're going to enjoy dinos vs humans we have to accept the survivors decendants still speaking a modern language.
I guess that could work with the virus angle, I like that idea.

But what is there after that? I mean at the end of the day they are dinosaurs. They don’t know that they have been recreated, don’t know that a virus wiped out most of humankind, they don’t know that they are “At War” with humans.

They just chilling doing dinosaurs things.

The movie would basically be watching humans going on hunting parties until dinosaurs were driven into extinction again.

Sounds like it would get boring after the first hunt or two. It’s not like dinosaurs know what is going on and create an army to fight the humans, like those monkey movies.

And if humans are not trying to eliminate the dinosaurs to reclaim their spot on the totem pole then what’s the point of the movie? Humans learn to live in harmony with dinosaurs.

That’s basically the ending to every Jurassic Park movie…

I guess that could work with the virus angle, I like that idea.

But what is there after that? I mean at the end of the day they are dinosaurs. They don’t know that they have been recreated, don’t know that a virus wiped out most of humankind, they don’t know that they are “At War” with humans.

They just chilling doing dinosaurs things.

The movie would basically be watching humans going on hunting parties until dinosaurs were driven into extinction again.

Sounds like it would get boring after the first hunt or two. It’s not like dinosaurs know what is going on and create an army to fight the humans, like those monkey movies.

And if humans are not trying to eliminate the dinosaurs to reclaim their spot on the totem pole then what’s the point of the movie? Humans learn to live in harmony with dinosaurs.

That’s basically the ending to every Jurassic Park movie…

Dinos become like zombies from walking dead. They're there, they change how things work, but focus is on the people struggle...who occasionally get eaten.

Also figure people hearding dinos for food, training for labor, transportation and home defence, yes domesticated dinos used in typical human fashion.

Cool shit:
A mounted calvary charge on triceratops vs another human army.

Last edited:

You're being pedantic, virtually every movie set in the future is in English

Dinos become like zombies from walking dead. They're there, they change how things work, but focus is on the people struggle...who occasionally get eaten.

Also figure people hearding dinos for food, training for labor, transportation and home defence, yes domesticated dinos used in typical human fashion.

Cool shit:
A mounted calvary charge on triceratops vs another human army.
Imma have to say naw dawg,

I ain’t watching The Living Dead all over again with humans fighting humans, with dinosaurs sprinkled in.

Ahahaha I can't believe it whats going on in your new AV.. has your Dinosaur friend got a new Elephant friend? or is that one of those Wolly Mammoths from the Dinosaur period and era that he brang along?
@Luthien whats going on here? haha I can't quite believe what I'm seeing.

Not a Dinosaur movie, but it was real life.. we'll never forget what happened when we tried to intervene in the relationship with that Dinosaur and our little bro rogany

372660198_2682741291901687_3084347729633235352_n (1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back