Media Ian Garry has agreed to fight Colby Covington

Who would win the fight?

• Total voters
I could see this being the co-main for Conor/Chandler. Makes sense for 304 as well. They could even make it a FN main event for Utah if they're still getting a card this summer.

I just want to see the division get moving again. Nearly the entire top 15 is unbooked atm.

if Colby comes in like he did vs Usman both times and during his ascension, Ian Garry is in real fuckin trouble.
if Colby comes in like he did vs Leon, Garry will put him away or dominate him utterly via decision.

After what we just saw out of Colby, I'm not sure he still has that dawg in him. The guy we saw fight Robbie, and Woodley seems to be gone.

Colby needs to sign the contract. As awful as this feud is it is the biggest payday Colby will get in the division right now and he actually has a chance to be the first one to beat Garry. This is lose-lose for MMA fans but a win-win for Colby.

There’s also a date in place for the fight, according to Machado.
Do you think Colby will also agree to fight Garry?

The "trash talk" leading up to the fight will be legendary cringey. The over/under for the word "cuck" used by Colby will be tree fiddy

cringe-eeee.gif

Colby needs to sign the contract. As awful as this feud is it is the biggest payday Colby will get in the division right now and he actually has a chance to be the first one to beat Garry. This is lose-lose for MMA fans but a win-win for Colby.
I wouldn't say it's a lose-lose. There's probably a chance, as small as it may be, that Colby quits after a loss to Garry. Which would only be a positive for MMA fans.

His days in mma are numbered, the longer that he stalls, the less of a chance that I give him of winning. I much rather him be the scumbag mascot than Ian Garry too. He’s atleast entertaining doing it and Garry makes my ears bleed with his schtick
It's truly choosing a pile of shit over a puddle of piss, but colby is sadly pathetic whereas Garry just a jerkoff.

When fighters say shits like ''Open the comments if you want to fight'' or ''I want i quit match'' or ''I won't fight that dude in a cage, i want to kill him.'', i feel like that's their ducking tactic
so that's a no?

I wouldn't say it's a lose-lose. There's probably a chance, as small as it may be, that Colby quits after a loss to Garry. Which would only be a positive for MMA fans.

Man.....that's a small hope for all the crap we will have to listen to in order to get there. If Colby wins though it is definitely lose-lose for everyone.

I don't think Colby has a better option. He is afraid to face Shavkat and Wonderboy doesn't want to fight him. Garry is a winnable fight.
Shavkat isn't a sensible match up that is on the table so it wont happen for that reason alone.

I'd favor Garry, with the caveat that we haven't really seen his defensive wrestling tested. I just feel that in 2024, strikers tend to win these match ups.

Based on Covington’s last performance, there are very few fights he can win in the ufc
It's possible the long layoff got to Colby. He finally got his mindset right in the last couple of rounds and managed to take down Edwards and keep him on the ground for a bit. I see Garry as a B-Grade Edwards at best. I can see the old, high-intensity, push-the-pace Colby winning a relatively close decision. The question is if that Colby will ever show up again...or if he's too old and too physically/mentally shot.

Either way it's a good test for Garry (he'll never beat a wrestler in their prime like Shavkat if he can't beat a washed Colby). And it's the best fight I can see Colby getting at this point...plus he's not getting any younger. He doesn't need to take a long break at this age like Michael Chandler is doing.

I ain’t burning you, Ian, I’m just relearning you

Refining you with fire, the same way that a furnace do

I would take prime Colby easily. Prime Colby is gone. Probably another decision loss maybe he gets stopped.

It's possible the long layoff got to Colby. He finally got his mindset right in the last couple of rounds and managed to take down Edwards and keep him on the ground for a bit. I see Garry as a B-Grade Edwards at best. I can see the old, high-intensity, push-the-pace Colby winning a relatively close decision. The question is if that Colby will ever show up again...or if he's too old and too physically/mentally shot.

Either way it's a good test for Garry (he'll never beat a wrestler in their prime like Shavkat if he can't beat a washed Colby). And it's the best fight I can see Colby getting at this point...plus he's not getting any younger. He doesn't need to take a long break at this age like Michael Chandler is doing.
He is OLD.

His game is ... well, WAS, pace.

Colby is 36 and his last win over a guy who isn't retired was RDA in 2018.
And RDA is damn closed to retired.

Before that it was Max Griffin in 2016.

Zero wins over ranked guys.

Colby is never gonna be that guy again.
He hasn't been that guy in a LONG time.
He has just been cashing checks from the hype he built a decade ago.

Didn't Ian say that it's senseless to fight a lower ranked opponent? Why should Colby now do the same thing Ian isn't willing to do?

I have a feeling Colby will take this fight, but any possible fun stuff will sadly happen only online.

Ian looking for an easy fight. He should gain 15 pounds and fight Strickland.

Back