Media Max Holloway Says He Should Get Paid More for Being People's Main Event with Gaethje. Wants Bigger Bonuses for UFC 300.

it is hard to make constant profits I guess.
TKO Group Holdings, the parent company for UFC and WWE, reported skyrocketing financials for the UFC in 2023.

Total revenue for the UFC hit $1.3 billion, a 13 % increase from the 2022 calendar year. The 2023 fourth-quarter revenue was $282.8 million, up by about $12 million from 2022.
management is always happy to underpay
Less for the man bleeding that takes all the risks means more for managers.

max comes to fight, fights anybody, fights in the least desire places (fucking canada), fights often, and is willing to do fight nights.

the ufc should be paying the guy bank not nickel and diming him. he does more then enough for the ufc and the fans, he deserves it.

TKO Group Holdings, the parent company for UFC and WWE, reported skyrocketing financials for the UFC in 2023.

Total revenue for the UFC hit $1.3 billion, a 13 % increase from the 2022 calendar year. The 2023 fourth-quarter revenue was $282.8 million, up by about $12 million from 2022.

I was being sarcastic lol

they won't because they have no loyalty to each other, even though if they did it would help ALL of them.

Well they are getting more and more discontent. Every main card fighter on 300 should band together and demand double their pay or none of them fight. Doesn't need to necessarily be a structured formal union for all. Just a bunch of ppv names using their leverage would be a good start.

" u want to put on 300?"

"OK, double all our purse or none of us fight"

Yep

Zero interest in the fighter pay discussions anymore.

These guys need to unionize or STFU. I'm tired of this calculated begging where they lay nothing on the line. They want to have their boot and lick it too and it's become obnoxious at this point.

Kinda sad that this kind of shit is often done in public. Not blaming Max because it's mainly the UFC's fault.

Six figure FOTN bonuses for UFC 300 makes sense.
It kind of has to be done that way, more fighters are seeing what Costa and Strickland did via using media and social media to get better compensation. Until or unless fighters unionize they should make their greviences public otherwise the UFC has control of the narrative and will just claim someone doesn't want to fight.

Well they are getting more and more discontent. Every main card fighter on 300 should band together and demand double their pay or none of them fight. Doesn't need to necessarily be a structured formal union for all. Just a bunch of ppv names using their leverage would be a good start.

" u want to put on 300?"

"OK, double all our purse or none of us fight"

see, i think that's where the contracts come into play. i'm sure if they tried to hold PPVs hostage the UFC could sue them for breach of contract. they tried to make a Fighter's Union before with big names like GSP, Cowboy, Cain. Tim Kennedy all joining it. the problem was once GSP got what he wanted he left it and it crumbled because the other fighters didn't keep pursuing it.

like i said, there's no loyalty amongst them to be able to band together and fight for themselves. which is ironic since they're professional fighters.

Zero interest in the fighter pay discussions anymore.

These guys need to unionize or STFU. I'm tired of this calculated begging where they lay nothing on the line. They want to have their boot and lick it too and it's become obnoxious at this point.
if they were able to unionize, it would’ve happen by now. I’m sure there is a shit ton of legal obstacles to navigate.

The pink goof doesn't care, he's using UFC 300 to promote his new love, Power slap.

Dana White is still talking a big game about Power Slap a year after the  airing of their first show. Two weeks after their Super Bowl ev... |  Instagram
He should be slapped for that

if they were able to unionize, it would’ve happen by now. I’m sure there is a shit ton of legal obstacles to navigate.
Nope. There are no barriers to their unionization. Unionization and arbitration are legal rights that the UFC cannot take away. Fighters like GSP have created/taken part in unions in the past and the only obstacle is all of the fighters coming together and just doing it.

The primary reason being that fighters are self-serving to the point of their own demise. This isn't a team sport, and everyone is out for themselves. They are willing to take whatever the UFC will give them and won't risk their career to unionize in fear of being fired or someone else making more. It's just history repeating itself.

i'm sure it's too low, but i'd like to know what he is getting paid for this. I feel like we are at a point where he should get 1M show / 1M win for this one. Or more.

Back