I'm a little surprised at how unpopular certain guys were at the press conference.

no the hype is coming from the UFC putting him in undeserved main card positions on one of the biggest fight cards ever in UFC history
and also from their promotion of him previously by putting him on undeserved main card positions.
CM punk was on a main card too. It’s about popularity and hype

Bo should be on the main card, he’s talked about a lot on here. The hype is literally coming from you people talking about him
Literally no one would be talking about him right now if he wasn't on this card. Very few would be talking about him if he wasn't on the main card. All of the talk is about him undeservedly being on the main card. That's not "hype".

A promoter promoting their fighter by placing him on the main card: :mad:

The Hill one is easy to understand, the guy comes across as a major douche with a chip on his shoulder, always acting like he’s owed something. The guy beat Johnny Walker and a 50-year-old Texeira and he’s acting like he’s Jon Jones. I would love to see him get flatlined.

I feel Hill and Rakic got boos because of what they did or said. With Bo and Arman its more outside factors, like Bo's placement on the card and Arman facing one of the most likeable guys in the ufc in Charles.

He’s the poor man Khamzat. UFC needs his type on every card.

With Bo and Arman, I don't think it's anything personal. In the case of Bo, people boo more as a protest to the UFC and the decision to put Bo on the main card, and Arman is fighting a fan favorite in Oliveira.

yeah he was, but he was also known to at least some part of the public from being a pro wrestler.
Bo Nickal is literally an unknown to most people unless you follow collegiate greco wrestling
Wait, what? Bo did Greco? I thought he competed in collegiate folkstyle and transitioned into the international freestyle scene after his collegiate career.

Surprised how unpopular Arman is. He has the looks, youth, makes an effort with his English and the skill-set to become a champion. I guess he needs to start saying retarded sh1t like "The champion has a name" to get "fans" on his side.

Bo is catching hate because he got a card placement nobody believes he deserves against a third gimme opponent. Fans do not like when they feel like a fighter is pushed on them. He’s also a little cocky for how little he’s accomplished in the sport which doesn’t help. Don’t think there’s nearly as much backlash if they gave him some semblance of a step up but it’s obvious it’s intended to be yet another showcase fight.

I think people are just sort of tired of Bo's slow matchmaking, they would be excited if he challenged himself with a higher tier opponent. This fight is one he's expected to win and if he doesn't look good he loses. It's a total squash match.

Literally no one would be talking about him right now if he wasn't on this card. Very few would be talking about him if he wasn't on the main card. All of the talk is about him undeservedly being on the main card. That's not "hype".
You didn’t know about him before he was scheduled for 300?

Back