Media Israel Adesanya: I "don't need" Pereira trilogy, "that saga is over"

So he knows he is behind, he knows he needs too many wins to top Pereira, chooses to live with the last win of their rivalry, its ok, but its like the kid that declares the match is over and he won because he scored the last goal in a game he was losing even after his last scoring.

Then, why is he posting about his win tho?? Adesanya is way too unlikeable, he isnt willing to chase Pereira at LHW, thats a PPV level fight with or without any belts, UFC fans will tune in.

PS: Is someone asking for the fight?? I`d watch, but im not that interested in it, bigger fish to fry for both of them in their current divisions, fight could be built to crazy levels with both of them holding a title, but so far im not interested in a trilogy MMA fight.

The more and more I think about, this rivalry or book between Adesanya and Pereira it was played off as Adesanya is the main character, when i come to think about it, this is Pereira's story towards his ascendancy, Pereira might actually be the main character.

they are both 1-1 in MMA. I mean at least get a winning record over someone in mma if you wanna talk shit. alex has called for the trilogy, but izzy is running.

alex clearly has the better resume at this point too. i'd put money on Jiri absolutely destroying everyone izzy has fought.

I don't blame him. His foray into 205 showed that the extra weight clearly doesn't benefit him as much as it does others in the division. I'd still give him at least a 50/50 chance of beating Pereira even at 205, but if he won he'd get ruined (just like Pereira probably would) by someone like Ankalaev. He needs to take a fight back at MW and demolish someone to show he's back.

If Pereira beats Hill that’ll be 4 guys in MMA that I don’t think Izzy can beat Strickland, Jiri, Jan and Hill.
Hell Izzy couldn’t stop Jan’s striking or wrestling and he more than double the MMA experience Pereira did.

Izzy deserves respect for his MW title reign but he talks about Pereira like he isn’t a double champ in Glory and the UFC.

izz is like 1-2 in his last 3 fights
got stalked like a prey by sean
got humiliated by pereira

0-1 at LHW
gets to fight the LHW champ?
he should call jon jones again
and cower away

no hes not earned anything
who the fk even thinks of ideas like this in the first place
only weirdos

They've fought 4x's, it's enough - even if Pereira would take 'em

Pereira won both kickboxing,matches and they're 1/1 in MMA.

Pereira has wins over Blachowicz and Strickland who both beat Adesanya. Additionally, Pereira's the current LHW champ and has been a champ in 2 divisions - Israel can't hang with that.

Last edited:
Back