"Islam is famous for defending against 45'ers"

What is Arman's path to victory?

I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not you make the title shot. Arman is a much more deserving title challenger than Holloway or Poirier, and probably a harder fight for Islam. He can like defend takedowns adequately and force exchanges standing, he made the fight very competitive vs Islam last time when he was 22 and took it on a week's notice for UFC contract anyways.

But yeah, I don't think Arman has much for Islam. I think Max and Poirier have even less though. The divisions pretty bone dry, can't do Leon vs Islam yet, both guys gotta earn their keep a little more.

Islam vs Arman II

Topuria vs Holloway

Poatan vs Ankalaev

These gotta be what's next.
Well I can tell you already the first one isn’t happening yet as Dustin vs Islam was already made official. Arman needs a recovery period anyways before getting back into camp so he’ll have to take the winner

Well I can tell you already the first one isn’t happening yet as Dustin vs Islam was already made official. Arman needs a recovery period anyways before getting back into camp so he’ll have to take the winner

Yeah, pretty sad. UFC is kinda a circus. Volk wasn't training poster surgery, on the couch and drinking a lot and he decided to jump in as a late replacement up a weight to rematch Islam and save the PPV? No Hill, who was fatter than normal, came back off short notice while not actively training post Achilles tear to take a short notice fight vs Pereira to save 300? Just sucks. Now Poirier who has no takedown defense and got his head kicked off 1 fight ago is facing Islam because of "timing". Whatever.

I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not you make the title shot. Arman is a much more deserving title challenger than Holloway or Poirier, and probably a harder fight for Islam. He can like defend takedowns adequately and force exchanges standing, he made the fight very competitive vs Islam last time when he was 22 and took it on a week's notice for UFC contract anyways.

But yeah, I don't think Arman has much for Islam. I think Max and Poirier have even less though. The divisions pretty bone dry, can't do Leon vs Islam yet, both guys gotta earn their keep a little more.
Lol, it was a week's notice now? It gets shorter and shorter every time it gets mentioned. It was over a month, and it was the same notice Islam got. It wasn't a replacement opponent, they added the fight to the card.

I don't see how forcing standup exchanges goes any better for him. Islam is a much better striker too.

Islam and Leon are the longest reigning champs in the UFC and have 2 of the longest win streaks.

Yeah, pretty sad. UFC is kinda a circus. Volk wasn't training poster surgery, on the couch and drinking a lot and he decided to jump in as a late replacement up a weight to rematch Islam and save the PPV? No Hill, who was fatter than normal, came back off short notice while not actively training post Achilles tear to take a short notice fight vs Pereira to save 300? Just sucks. Now Poirier who has no takedown defense and got his head kicked off 1 fight ago is facing Islam because of "timing". Whatever.
Point the finger at Charles Oliviera & The UFC.
Oliviera shouldn't have gotten that rematch, it should've been Gaethje, Arman vs Oliviera could've occurred for the next shot.

Oliviera couldn't even make it to the bout because of improper training practices, it's what set the LW division to what it is now.

Makhachev is fighting someone new, a contender, top ranked fighter & in his weight class that was available.

Nothing will ever satisfy certain haters and fans, first it was Makhachev doesn't fight people in his weight class... here he is fighting someone in his weight class and in the great city of Abu Dhabi locators in New Jersey.

Arman will most likely get the next shot.

Lets be honest it feels like 145-155 is one division the amount of times we have seen enough 145ers go up and win at 155, 10 pounds isnt a crazy jump its like one night at a buffet.

The current #1 contender is the person he completely dominated to win the title in the first place, and nobody else can string more than 2 wins together.
The current #1 contender is actually Arman who Islam only barely decisioned 5 years ago on Arman's short notice debut before Arman got striking.

Dagi Haters: WHy doesn't Islam fight a LW for once?!!!

Islam: Signs to fight the #3 ranked LW and a future hall of famer.

Dago Haters: NO!!! Not that one!

You guys are pathetic. Cry some more.
I like the part where you completely ignored that Dustin in no way deserves a title shot.

Back