I can't believe that Conor Mcgregor is the favorite against Chandler.

Conor has not been actively training for several years now, and he has been on a 24/7 drug and alchohol bender. Check the interviews and media history over the past 2-3 years, it's been continuous.

I'm not sure that people understand how much brain damage and nervous system damage that causes. Along with damage to the rest of the body.

Conor can't currently speak properly, and half the time he looks wobbly (even when he's not drunk). He definitely doesn't look like he's all there.

In addition to this, he's barely been training mma, at when he has, it hasn't been at a respected camp with quality training partners. He hasn't been getting the reps in, refining the muscle memory and technique, he will have lost a decent chunk of what he's already learned (memory wise).

Can we really expect him to get in the cage and perform at an elite level at WW, technically he's going to be degraded, his grapplling will have suffered, and his gas tank is going to be terrible.

Yes Chandler has lost some fights, but they were against elite comp, and he was winning some of those until he lost. In addition to that he's clearly been on the roids, and with USADA gone can take full advantage. Chandler has been competing, training hard and in camp for this three year period.

Just on reflexes and agility alone, I see Chandler taking him down and starching him. Or being the much sharper fighter and over-whelming him. I see Mcgregor looking like a worse version of Rockhold in his fight against Costa..

Anyway, that's just me, gonna put down a few hundred on Chandler, what are your thoughts?
Wooooooow wish I had noticed it sooner. My bookie already has the fight at evens. Mcgregor should definitely be underdog.

Betting lines are not always about who the odds-makers think will actually win, but how they think the public will wager. They probably think a lot of money is going to come in on conman from casual bettors

Conor is going to get annihilated. And Dana will tape his head back on and let him fight again

Imo Chandler could be one of the greatest fighters ever, but for some reason he dosnt seem to fight with his head.
He loves a war and strategy/game plan goes out the window.
And for that reason Conor is still dangerous.

But let's see, this is why it's a great match up imo.

MMA back on top. Love it
I see Conor doing his normal press conference stuff and properly getting in Chandlers head. And then that means Chandler comes in with no gameplan other than to stand and bang. And then it’s a case of will Conor land one of his quality punches in which case he sparks Chandler in 1 or 2 rounds.

If it goes deep, Chandler properly finishes him.

The way Conor approaches the microphone and gets in Chandlers head will be key for me.

I'm very confident that I have no idea what to expect.

Conor has never shown up out of shape, but he's certainly showed up insufficiently trained since he started managing his own camps. Conor hasn't won 2 in a row since 2016.

Chandler is a sub 50/50 fighter in the UFC and has never won 2 in a row in the org. He'll be 38 by the time they step into the cage, and his willingness to wait out this fight in the twilight of his competitive years suggests to me he's looking for a golden parachute.

Both guys are 1-3 in their last 4.

Any predictions about this fight that turn out to be correct are more dumb luck than analysis.

Chandlers SOS is considerably better than Conors. Chandler is apparently still a top 10 LW. Conor has fought 1 ranked fighter since beating Alvarez. In 2016.

Dare I say Tony should be expected to beat Conor loss record or no loss record.

I'm just saying based on history he has close to 0 chance in a fight that isn't fixed.
this is the sort of dumb shit people say to emphasise their point but when you’re talking about gambling, it’s naive.

And if you truly believe that, Chandler as the underdog with the bookies, is a certainty, then fair enough. But don’t go betting your house on it when it’s clearly a close fight. You’re being naive if you think it’s a certain outcome either way here.

As someone who works in the betting industry, there’s a lot of crazy statements about how odds are created from people in this thread.

Yikes

Chandlers SOS is considerably better than Conors. Chandler is apparently still a top 10 LW. Conor has fought 1 ranked fighter since beating Alvarez. In 2016.

Dare I say Tony should be expected to beat Conor loss record or no loss record.

Being beaten up by by a wider variety of ranked fighters as a credential is a unique take on SOS.

Close to zero chance in a non-fixed fight, yes.
But Chandler is a company man and Conor is protected as fuck and it is TKO Holdings so yeah. Likely fight will be fixed. I certainly wont bet any money on it

If you're so certain this shit is rigged you'd bet the house on Conor.

Being beaten up by by a wider variety of ranked fighters as a credential is a unique take on SOS.

In this case its a totally valid one. Chandler is a serious LW regardless of his shortcomings. Conor is not really a UFC fighter anymore and hasn't been one for years. Hes a sentient piggy bank like Brock Lesnar was where people who could easily beat him publically beg to fight him so they can retire with financial security.

Conor has not been actively training for several years now, and he has been on a 24/7 drug and alchohol bender. Check the interviews and media history over the past 2-3 years, it's been continuous.

I'm not sure that people understand how much brain damage and nervous system damage that causes. Along with damage to the rest of the body.

Conor can't currently speak properly, and half the time he looks wobbly (even when he's not drunk). He definitely doesn't look like he's all there.

In addition to this, he's barely been training mma, at when he has, it hasn't been at a respected camp with quality training partners. He hasn't been getting the reps in, refining the muscle memory and technique, he will have lost a decent chunk of what he's already learned (memory wise).

Can we really expect him to get in the cage and perform at an elite level at WW, technically he's going to be degraded, his grapplling will have suffered, and his gas tank is going to be terrible.

Yes Chandler has lost some fights, but they were against elite comp, and he was winning some of those until he lost. In addition to that he's clearly been on the roids, and with USADA gone can take full advantage. Chandler has been competing, training hard and in camp for this three year period.

Just on reflexes and agility alone, I see Chandler taking him down and starching him. Or being the much sharper fighter and over-whelming him. I see Mcgregor looking like a worse version of Rockhold in his fight against Costa..

Anyway, that's just me, gonna put down a few hundred on Chandler, what are your thoughts?
Yeah dude. Nobody seems to realize how fucked Conors addictions are.

Unless it's fixed like the cowboy fight, Chandler DESTROYS him

Close to zero chance in a non-fixed fight, yes.
But Chandler is a company man and Conor is protected as fuck and it is TKO Holdings so yeah. Likely fight will be fixed. I certainly wont bet any money on it
Yeah likely it'll be fixed like the cowboy fight was

If this fight ever even happens I'm putting money on Chandler if the odds are at all even. Chandler has still looked athletic and durable in his last fights. He seems like he probably trains his ass off still and lives right, despite the layoff.

If the fight goes past a round I think he's got more endurance too.

The only thing I'll say I'm Connor's favorite is that he seems to know he's too much of a mess to fight and he may clean up enough to not embarass himself. And will be on heaps of PEDs.

Betting lines are not always about who the odds-makers think will actually win, but how they think the public will wager. They probably think a lot of money is going to come in on conman from casual bettors
Exactly right. Good opportunity to put money on Chandler IMO.

Conor is going to get annihilated. And Dana will tape his head back on and let him fight again
Chandler has rocked his last three opponents, Justin, Dustin, and I believe Olivera as well. The difference is all three were able to recover, I don't have faith that Conor will recover.

Conor is likely washed, but if he has anything left he will ko chandler

Chandler is a stylistic dream for conor and he is no spring chicken himself, despite staying in shape

I think conor will put him away inside one round. The weight will also be an advantage

If he doesn't get off to a good start? The mike smashes him
Chandler is just Alvarez with black kids.

Generally speaking, the wisdom of the crowds is superior to expert judgement. That's why betting lines are always a better predictor of fights than a panel of so-called experts. But in these circumstances (where there is a huge name factor), the bias completely distorts the betting.

How big of a favorite is MgGregor? I remember when Canelo fought Bivol and I thought the same thing...

Chandler is on a big lay off himself. He has taken a shit ton of damage too.

This is one of those fights that you can't bet on.
The lay off might actually have benefited Chandler with recovery and healing from all his wars. Chandler seems like a healthy guy who does the right things during his time off.

On the other hand you have Conor who seems to be partying harder than ever before and not doing his body any favors.

there are just too many unknowns with the matchup

chandler is chinny and fights with low IQ
conor is a shell of his former self.
both guys can crack
both guys have had an extended layoff with losing records in their last 5 fights

but yeah i still don't think the fight happens. conor will probably see the fight is poorly trending in the next month and bail... instead opting to fight holloway at 170 on short notice

Back