I can't believe that Conor Mcgregor is the favorite against Chandler.

Conor has not been actively training for several years now, and he has been on a 24/7 drug and alchohol bender. Check the interviews and media history over the past 2-3 years, it's been continuous.

I'm not sure that people understand how much brain damage and nervous system damage that causes. Along with damage to the rest of the body.

Conor can't currently speak properly, and half the time he looks wobbly (even when he's not drunk). He definitely doesn't look like he's all there.

In addition to this, he's barely been training mma, at when he has, it hasn't been at a respected camp with quality training partners. He hasn't been getting the reps in, refining the muscle memory and technique, he will have lost a decent chunk of what he's already learned (memory wise).

Can we really expect him to get in the cage and perform at an elite level at WW, technically he's going to be degraded, his grapplling will have suffered, and his gas tank is going to be terrible.

Yes Chandler has lost some fights, but they were against elite comp, and he was winning some of those until he lost. In addition to that he's clearly been on the roids, and with USADA gone can take full advantage. Chandler has been competing, training hard and in camp for this three year period.

Just on reflexes and agility alone, I see Chandler taking him down and starching him. Or being the much sharper fighter and over-whelming him. I see Mcgregor looking like a worse version of Rockhold in his fight against Costa..

Anyway, that's just me, gonna put down a few hundred on Chandler, what are your thoughts?

Chandler made ferguson look like Anderson Silva out there and his only 2 wins were against guys that were 0-10 or sth. Dude is terrible at best. Conor is a bum but both guys are so bad that it doesn't surprise me if Conor wins that fight.

for conor fights, give serious consideration to the betting line. big money absolutely influences the outcomes of his fights, or at least has inside knowledge of factors that will affect it. he’s not just a fighter. he is a megastar—a valuable commodity that draws interest from real power players. i personally think any version of chandler mops the floor with any version of conor, but conor is worth exponentially more as a victor. safe money is on conor this time.

Also Chandler is rated 7th not 10. Is him being considered top 10 really wrong?

Since it's a made up thing with no actual rules then technically nothing is wrong, but if it were tied to performance... yeah.

I could lose to Gaethje and Porier too, but I don't think that makes me a top 10 fighter.He seems to get credit for having some good moments while getting beat up, but that's not really how this sport works.

I genuinely can't think of another instance where a figher has lost 60% of their UFC matches, and has been stopped 40% of the time in the UFC, is currently on a 2 fight skid and they are widely regarded as a top 10 fighter in a remarkably deep division.

Since it's a made up thing with no actual rules then technically nothing is wrong, but if it were tied to performance... yeah.

I could lose to Gaethje and Porier too, but I don't think that makes me a top 10 fighter.He seems to get credit for having some good moments while getting beat up, but that's not really how this sport works.

I genuinely can't think of another instance where a figher has lost 60% of their UFC matches, and has been stopped 40% of the time in the UFC, is currently on a 2 fight skid and they are widely regarded as a top 10 fighter in a remarkably deep division.

The answer to your last question is simple. Bellator. Chandler debuted high in the rankings based on things he did not do in the UFC. Since then hes been defending that ranking opposed to starting from scratch and climbing to the top by winning a lot of fights.

Chandler made ferguson look like Anderson Silva out there and his only 2 wins were against guys that were 0-10 or sth. Dude is terrible at best. Conor is a bum but both guys are so bad that it doesn't surprise me if Conor wins that fight.

He's 2-3 in the UFC.

Those losses were to top 3 guys, he nearly finished Charles and porier, and the fight with gaetje was fight of the night.

The answer to your last question is simple. Bellator acheivements. Chandler debuted high in the rankings based on things he did not do in the UFC.

He wasn't ranked when he was fighting over there.

He was in Bellator 4 years and 5 fights ago, and I can't imagine how he'd still be getting credit for those. And if he is, why not just go back to 2016 and credit Conor's title win as a basis for a top 10 ranking since time and subsequent losses don't matter at all.

It's just silly random bullshit that has no bearing on either guys inability to win a fight in 2024.

He wasn't ranked when he was fighting over there.

He was in Bellator 4 years and 5 fights ago, and I can't imagine how he'd still be getting credit for those. And if he is, why not just go back to 2016 and credit Conor's title win as a basis for a top 10 ranking since time and subsequent losses don't matter at all.

It's just silly random bullshit that has no bearing on either guys inability to win a fight in 2024.

The way rankings work you're defending your current spot. So him being placed high when he debuted in the UFC and bumped further when he beat Hooker is still very important to where he is ranked today.

Difference between Chandlers lay-off and Conor's is that in every photo and video we've seen of Chandler he looks to be in great shape, as he always has been throughout his career. And Conor.. well he looks like dogshit and on top of the lay-off has had his leg viciously broken.

for conor fights, give serious consideration to the betting line. big money absolutely influences the outcomes of his fights, or at least has inside knowledge of factors that will affect it. he’s not just a fighter. he is a megastar—a valuable commodity that draws interest from real power players. i personally think any version of chandler mops the floor with any version of conor, but conor is worth exponentially more as a victor. safe money is on conor this time.
Yours and Dionysian apparently get you insider information from the same wall where it's written in human shit in a gas station bathroom somewhere.

Reactions: lsa
Yeah this is a terrible matchup for Chandler style wise both strikers

Conor brings it
Chandler rushes forward and want to burst in

That's a terrible style to be fighting conor
You've gotta make Conor offensive and loose
Or he will counter you he wants guys to come in come forward.

The way rankings work you're defending your current spot. So him being placed there when he debuted or beat Hooker is still very important to where he is ranked today.

But he hasn't "defended his spot". He's lost repeatedly, and they just keep him there anyway. Hell even when he debuted he was 2 fights seperated from being smoked in a minute flat by pitbull.

There were definitely times in his career when he was top 10 IMO. This just isn't one of those times.

But he hasn't "defended his spot". He's lost repeatedly, and they just keep him there anyway. Hell even when he debuted he was 2 fights seperated from being smoked in a minute flat by pitbull.

There were definitely times in his career when he was top 10 IMO. This just isn't one of those times.

Thats not what I meant. I meant if he loses hes going down a little from that high spot. Hes 1-3 since then so hes taken only taken 2 steps back from his highest ranking.

Thats not what I meant. I meant if he loses hes going down a little from that high spot. Hes 1-3 since then so hes taken only taken 2 steps back from his highest ranking.

By that logic, Tony was #1 when he fought Gaethje, so he's still one of the 10 best LW alive, but he should be way down at the bottom of the top 10.

And Conor was champ, lost to Khabib, then twice more so he's like #3 or 4 now. Not sure if we should factor in the Cowboy fight since it was at 170.

By that logic, Tony was #1 when he fought Gaethje, so he's still one of the 10 best LW alive, but he should be way down at the bottom of the top 10.

And Conor was champ, lost to Khabib, then twice more so he's like #3 or 4 now. Not sure if we should factor in the Cowboy fight since it was at 170.

I didn't say lose 1 spot each loss. How much you go down each time depends on context. You're interpreting my words like Amelia Bedelia would here tbh.

I didn't say lose 1 spot each loss. How much you go down each time depends on context. You're interpreting my words like Amelia Bedelia would here tbh.

I'm just pointing out that if time and losses don't matter, and you can just makeup bullshit as you go, the rankings will end up with weird anomalies like a geriatric fighter with a 40/60 run in the UFC having top 10 ranking in the sport's deepest division.

If we really gave a damn about context we woulnd't count the Tony win at all seeing as its dead center in a 7 fight skid where Tony will just lose to anyone.

I feel Chandler at his best beats Conor, but I can also see Chandler standing and trading to appease fans and getting knocked out.

Conor is both the most overrated and underrated fighter in ufc history depending on who you talk to.

Back