Breaking Bad: can I skip the scenes w Skylar White, yo?

Look at it like this . Without his fierce self harming loyalty risking his family and his own life he would have happily lived to the end being friends and work buddies with Gus earning millions having zero issues with anything or anyone. All problems ,like the poisoning, ( which he needed to do to survive as he was hunted by then) result from him putting Jesse's needs way above his own and his families. Imo it was because at that point Jesse felt like a son to him.

Without fuck boy Jesse Walt was the perfect Businesspartner for Gus. Trustworthy, loyal ,quiet ,family man, highly intelligent.

Everything else only came after the incident.

Walt was incredibly power hungry. That's what caused most of the issues he dealt with.

I've never understood the extreme hate. Her character is written well and she plays it well. Not much wasted material with her, unlike Marie and the whole clepto thing that was shoehorned into the show for reasons unknown.

I get that she's a bit of a bitchy domineering wife with flaws of her own that make her look like a complete hypocrite at times, but that's her character and she fully embraces the role and plays it well. I mean, she's not Chandler Riggs from TWD or anything. I could understand skipping his cringe inducing presence.
I like Marie, but yea that plotline was a bit much at times later in the show. I guess it was to show she's falling back into bad habits after Hank got shot along with the struggles that came with it.
But yea for Skylar she's not perfect(no one in this show really is), but her development is pretty interesting and her scenes are still quite important.

One character's scenes you could skip and not miss much, also you mentioned the she show in your post is Lori. Just a terrible character all around and there's a lot like that in TWD, just crappy character's with really unnecessary/boring plots to drag out the run time.

S3 E11

Jesus fuck. 40 plus fucking minutes of Walt trying to kill a fucking fly.
(I think that was s3e10)
Miss me with that somehow being a goddamn metaphor.

Skylar is getting more interesting in late S3.

I get the impression there is a hospital handy coming up based on comments.

What the fuck is it with this show and weird handjobs?

Jerking off like a troll in the basement next to the water heater is better than a sad half ass handy.

If you do something, do it right or don't bother!
Yeah, you have to at least caress the balls when giving a handy and if not what's the point 🤷‍♂️

This is true. It's a bit out of control on some shows, to the point that there are very few likeable in the show. Vikings springs to mind. Once I realised I hated pretty much the whole cast I stopped watching.
House of lies. Not one likable character in that whole fucking stupid show. I wasted my time watching the whole damn season because I like Don Cheadle as actor.

Watch bunch of Ozark episodes with
Wendy-in-Ozark.jpg

This will build you extreme antibodies to go through whole BB without jump anything

Skyler rules

Way out of his league, yet happy & willing to give her depressed loser car washing husband handjobs just to cheer him up

Loving wife, who didn't need all the money & chaos scumbag Walt brought into their lives & destroyed their family with, via his ego. She was happy to scrape by with him & their son. Walt ruined a good thing

Skyler Top Team
This is probably more accurate than what other people are saying and honestly that show was depressing and degenerate and probably not good for anybody to watch.

I watched the whole thing but only because people said it was so amazing and I kept waiting to see what they saw but all I saw was completely unlikable characters doing despicable things in a depressing atmosphere.

I really have a hard time seeing what's entertaining about that show.

She's the worst

<bringit>
I kinda liked the fact she just accepted that she just went with it. It is what is…

Skyler on the other end was just this giant pain in the ass.

I think the perfect mix was Carmela Soprano. At times she accepted the fact she was married to a mafioso but other times she hated Tony’s philandering. But when Tony bought her something nice, all was forgiven,’lol.

Watch bunch of Ozark episodes with
Wendy-in-Ozark.jpg

This will build you extreme antibodies to go through whole BB without jump anything
If you’re a career criminal, she’s definitely a better wife and partner than Skylar would be. But then one pos deserves another.

Look at it like this . Without his fierce self harming loyalty risking his family and his own life he would have happily lived to the end being friends and work buddies with Gus earning millions having zero issues with anything or anyone. All problems ,like the poisoning, ( which he needed to do to survive as he was hunted by then) result from him putting Jesse's needs way above his own and his families. Imo it was because at that point Jesse felt like a son to him.

Without fuck boy Jesse Walt was the perfect Businesspartner for Gus. Trustworthy, loyal ,quiet ,family man, highly intelligent.

Everything else only came after the incident.

Walt and Jesse's ride or die relationship was superbly written and acted and is GOAT TV. When Tuco kidnaps them and wants to off Jesse, Walt is like

66885b80-c431-4db4-bf39-0f4009addc66_text.gif

Because they're a team. Then the "Run!" scene when Jesse goes against Gus. Then how they close the loop on their relationship in the final season. When he's half asleep, Walt even suggests at one point that he considers Jesse as more of a son than Walt Jr.

Yeah Walt would unquestionably have been better off had he walked away from Jesse during the many chances he had to do so. But that he didn't, and his reasons why is what makes BB such an awesome series.

Last edited:
S3 E11

Jesus fuck. 40 plus fucking minutes of Walt trying to kill a fucking fly.
(I think that was s3e10)
Miss me with that somehow being a goddamn metaphor.

Skylar is getting more interesting in late S3.

I get the impression there is a hospital handy coming up based on comments.

What the fuck is it with this show and weird handjobs?

Lol believe it or not, the show isn't completely about weird handjobs. I think there's exactly 2 brief handjob references in the whole series. And rest assured the fly episode is the only really slow one in the whole show IIRC where there isn't some kind of heavy shit going down.

Hope we've convinced you to watch every scene. The pay-off in S5 is worth it when the show gets even MORE incredible than it already is. This isn't some B-movie horror franchise you get your mom to rent at Blockbuster when you're 13 and then as soon as she's out of the room, you fast forward through everything until the hot chick gets naked before getting turned into a zombie.

She just isn't a well-written character. She's like Famke Jansen's character in Taken - she's a piece of shit just to give the protagonist some conflict to deal with.

Lol believe it or not, the show isn't completely about weird handjobs. I think there's exactly 2 brief handjob references in the whole series. And rest assured the fly episode is the only really slow one in the whole show IIRC where there isn't some kind of heavy shit going down.

Hope we've convinced you to watch every scene.

I think I have been convinced to watch:

S5 in its entirety.

S4 I will use my discretion and remain open minded to watching Skylar and Walt scenes but I may skip Skylar/Marie scenes, or certain sub plots if there continues to be "filler" stuff like the Marie shoplifting or Jesse/Badger NA meetings

I am enjoying the show.
As I touched upon in a recent post, I feel like the writing and execution of Skylar's character is getting better towards the end of S3 where I am now.

I have noticed, particularly when it comes to the female dialogue, a certain pattern of redundancy. Obviously I don't want to miss major plot points or put myself in a position where I will lack understanding or context, BUT it seems to me that almost all of what Skylar and Marie say (thru S1, S2 and the first half of S3), is rehashing something that I already saw on screen, this is why I feel pretty confident that I won't miss anything.
If the only real function of a scene is to convey that Skylar or Marie figured out something that I already saw occur on screen, I am confident my mind can fill in those gaps.

I have a pretty good memory and I am watching pretty close to straight thru as I am still recovering from a major surgery and have loads of free time and still can't play drums or piano, which are my primary activities to spend my time.

Who watches a show and deliberately skips scenes. Come on now, you're not a child. Skylar is essential to understanding Walt and her character development is underrated. Even though I don't get the hate, she gets a lot less 'annoying' in the two final seasons.

Yeah she was definitely the most annoying part of the show for me too. They should edit her out of the series, just have walt talking to himself.

I thought this show kinda sucked after the 1st season TBH

I’m a cancer fighter too, but I ain’t cooking no blue ice

I never finished the final series

Back