What should Tarantino's last movie be about?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He recently abandoned work on his film "the critic" so maybe he's looking for new ideas for his 10th and final film.

What would you like to see him do?

Another Western? Another crime movie? He's pretty good at those.

Or something different?

He's also good at taking old genres and paying homage to them while also bringing a fresh take on them, like kill Bill was to the samurai and Kung Fu movies from the 70's

He recently abandoned work on his film "the critic" so maybe he's looking for new ideas for his 10th and final film.

What would you like to see him do?

Another Western? Another crime movie? He's pretty good at those.

Or something different?

He's also good at taking old genres and paying homage to them while also bringing a fresh take on them, like kill Bill was to the samurai and Kung Fu movies from the 70's
An in depth documentary on Uma Thurman's feet

<{jackyeah}>

I think it was @BisexualMMA that said in another thread that QT should remake rolling thunder. That could be great.

I also wonder if he should re-visit the grind house idea and try to make a better movie than death proof.

I mean his first Western wasn't that great either, but his second one was fantastic, so maybe he needs to try again.

Or a futuristic movie. Sci Fi is the one thing he hasn't tried yet, but I could see him making a violent and funny movie like a cross between Dredd and Demolition Man.

You could argue that natural born killers, true romance, and Kill Bill are romance movies.

I mean true romance has it right in the title!

He didn't direct the first two though. Kill Bill is definitely not a romance movie.

he really should do a serious sci-fi.
like a serious one, in a serious tone.
maybe some louisiana cthulhu movie, shadow over innsmouth, or something.
just to see if he could do it.

Definitely Scifi............ QT plays the part of used starship sales man and stumbles upon an ancient artifact in crappy part exchange.......which leads to another universe only slightly out phase with ours run by an ancient race controlling human kind.

Science Fiction for sure. Favorite genre, and he has never shown what he would do in that area. Would be nice to see.

Since that is unlikely, I imagine he will do another crime flick to go out on.

I'd love to see him come back to his old film noir crime flicks. He does that well.

The whole film critic thing seemed really lame to me. Maybe he could have pulled it off, but it didn't seem like anything to get excited about.

I am a simple creature.
Give me something with blood, drugs, violence, a hot chick or two, and Samuel L Jackson saying motherfucker a lot and I'll be a happy guy.

Probably minority, but i get bored by present day (or close) realistic setting, and feel like he already did lot of that shit

Or something different?

Personally i'm there, would like see him pull another playing with a genre he never touched

Knowing how much he love old school cinema would love see him give a shot at try push his twist at "peplum" genre, set on ancient Rome

Imho his style would be perfect to do show the dirty side of the city

Instead go for the epic battlefields and arena stuff, he could do awesome stuff playing with the whole roman underworld
If anybody is familiar with what society was like knows Tarantino could do crazy shit with it

Just think Pullo and Vorenus handling return to civilian life problems made by Tarantino lmao

Even if probably as character dynamics i would be even more interested see his take on Octavius and Agrippa, that would be pure goldmine, too bad would require a much bigger scale story wich is out of his philosophy

He should quit making movies. Period.

It should have Michael Madsen
I think it would be great if he brought back several of his favorites, Madsen, Sam Jackson, Tim Roth, Kurt Russell, and somehow work into the story about how they're getting older and pulling one last job. That way it kinda parallels the fact that this is the last QT movie.

I know the "one last job" thing is kinda cliche but I don't mind cliches when they are executed well.

he's made really good stuff like reservoir dogs and pulp and a few solid flicks but his style makes it seem like every movie is about himself so it's hard to take it seriously. i'd like to see a tarantino movie where it's not about him or his quirks.

Back