Jeff Monson promoted to BJJ blackbelt

Status
Not open for further replies.
good stuff that Jeff got his BB. i'd like to see him in competition in person.

holy crap...
and this whole time I was thinking he was already a BB...

Hes a nasty grappler period, I think that when you are at that level a BB is almost overrated, look at guys like Hughes, Faber(last night), GSP, none of those guys will probably ever be BBs and are still really extraordinary grapplers.

GSP trains with Renzo (who gave him his purple/brown ???)...or atleast he used to until getting shitcanned.

Jon Olav Einemo won the 88-98 kg class in ADCC back in '03, beating Roger Gracie among others, and I'm pretty sure he was a blue (!) belt at the time.

I don't think Ricco was a black belt when he won ADCC.

Jon Olav Einemo won the 88-98 kg class in ADCC back in '03, beating Roger Gracie among others, and I'm pretty sure he was a blue (!) belt at the time.

Nevermind ... he was a blue belt in '01, so it was probably purple in '03.

Hes a nasty grappler period, I think that when you are at that level a BB is almost overrated, look at guys like Hughes, Faber(last night), GSP, none of those guys will probably ever be BBs and are still really extraordinary grapplers.

Last I checked, GSP was a purple and I hear he's training bjj regular as opposed to just the mma aspect of it.

I think he got it after he beat Hughes, but Im not sure.

that's very very overdue, i mean come on look at what the guy's done in adcc

winning adcc doesn't mean that you should be a black belt. Let's face it, before he went to ATT he was a wrestler who knew submissions. He knew enough bjj to not get tapped. He even said in an interview once that his game really changed to a "truer" bjj game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back