Hate Running, but love rolling. Advice?

I dont know what else do you need to satisfy your needs. One of the top experts opinion...I can provide you more of the top strenght and condition coaches opinion, but if you dismiss Ross`s advice, I guess you are more qualified than him...

Sprint using Tabata!!!

Warm up jog - 4 minutes
Sprint 100% - 20 seconds
rest - 10 seconds
repeat 7 more times
Cool down jog - 4 minutes

Build up to 12 sprints.

Definately a man maker all in 12 to 14 minutes.

Get a rower. Place it in front of your TV/Home Theater. And see if you can row through an entire LOTR Movie or something.
:D

I dont know what else do you need to satisfy your needs. One of the top experts opinion...I can provide you more of the top strenght and condition coaches opinion, but if you dismiss Ross`s advice, I guess you are more qualified than him...

I love Ross and I know he knows more than me, wayyyyyyy more than me. I'm not looking for opinions or links to what people I have said I am looking for the evidence where 10 minutes of working out burns fat. Ok so I got the part where he says the "after effect" but I don't see any studies on that, this is what I am looking for. How the body starts to burn fat after you are done working out and for only 10 minutes of working out.

I don't see how it works, seeing as how you need to be working out for at least 20-30 minutes before you body starts using fat as an energy source.

I love Ross and I know he knows more than me, wayyyyyyy more than me. I'm not looking for opinions or links to what people I have said I am looking for the evidence where 10 minutes of working out burns fat. Ok so I got the part where he says the "after effect" but I don't see any studies on that, this is what I am looking for. How the body starts to burn fat after you are done working out and for only 10 minutes of working out.

I don't see how it works, seeing as how you need to be working out for at least 20-30 minutes before you body starts using fat as an energy source.

Google Izumi Tabata and read the experiment results.
Its all about the method of training.

I like how you think Tabata`s are this great training method you just discovered and need to inform us about. Really, you are totally gona revolutionise the way we train.../sarcasm.

"The other group did a 15-week program including mainly high-intensity-interval training (HIIT). Much like the ET group, they began with 30-minute sessions of continuous exercise at 70% of maximum heart rate reserve (remember, they were not accustomed to exercise), but soon progressed to 10 to 15 bouts of short (15 seconds progressing to 30 seconds) or 4 to 5 long (60 seconds progressing to 90 seconds) intervals separated by recovery periods allowing heart rate to return to 120-130 beats per minute. The intensity of the short intervals was initially fixed at 60% of the maximal work output in 10 seconds, and that of the long bouts corresponded to 70% of the individual maximum work output in 90 seconds. Intensity on both was increased 5% every three weeks. "

Forget the Fat-Burn Zone

If you read the rest of the article it says that they did burn fat, a lot of fat. But they did 30 minutes of exercise before they started every HIIT/Tabata session.

I am still trying to see where you think you can only work out for 10 minutes and burn fat.

The article clearly says that they began the 15 week experiment with 30 min exercises, because the participants were not used to exercises but soon progressed to tabata intervals only.

I like how you think Tabata`s are this great training method you just discovered and need to inform us about. Really, you are totally gona revolutionise the way we train.../sarcasm.
I use this protocol more than 4 years.
Was asked specific question about it and answered.
Not that Im worshipping it:D
Now, would you explain me why interval oly lifts are as bad as wearing socks over your shoes?

Nothing wrong with wearing your socks over your shoes man, I do it all the time.

My trainer wants me to run as well, but I'm able to make 2 jits classes a day ( I JUST NEED TO GO!)

How well would my cardio improve if I did 0 running, but trained jits 2 times a day???

Wow, if your trainer wants you to run, theirs no way around it, even if you train 4 times a day, unless your looking for a new trainer. Everything besides running in my opinion is just complimenting your training.

The article clearly says that they began the 15 week experiment with 30 min exercises, because the participants were not used to exercises but soon progressed to tabata intervals only.

It says they always did 30 minutes before the tabatas.

It says they always did 30 minutes before the tabatas.

No, it says that they started the 15 weeks cycle with 30 min of exercises because the participants were not accustomed to physical exercises and once they got use to, they progressed to interval training( aka Tabata).
Why dont you just send mail to the source and after the response, just get over it?

^^^ Totally agree. What Bama Zulu doesn`t understand is that Tabatas are da shiz. I remember one study where they were even proven to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer in untrained young males!

^^^ Totally agree. What Bama Zulu doesn`t understand is that Tabatas are da shiz. I remember one study where they were even proven to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer in untrained young males!
Ego hurts,eh?

If your trainer wants you to run for cardio purposes, than you should explain him that cardio can be done even better with weights, intervals and circuits.

lol, dont go there

This thread is still going? It's funny because before I even made an account here, I understood the overall accepted idea in this forum. Each form of conditioning training (LSD training, HIIT, circuits w/ weights, medium paced runs, heavy bag work, etc.) is a tool. One may be superior to another for certain aspects of conditioning related to certain goals, but they all should be utilized and each of them have their place. Close to 4 years later, the same argument keeps popping up. It's like going into the S+P forum and saying you should squat because it's superior to deadlifts.

I also hate running, but i do do oly lifts and hill sprints and i never gass when rolling at the gym or in comps.

Back