Muay Thai Gym Q&A

One more thing is about visas. If you are flying in without applying for any special visas, like tourist visas, you are normally given only 30 days to stay, longer than which you need to go for visa runs. These runs may cost 2000 baht and are quite a hassle, speaking from experience.

What's anybody going to do, anyway? Just say nah, I'm not going to work with him?

I used to work with Wang a lot. Definitely my favorite trainer there, after Pot.

you only get 15 days now for land crossings also so getting a proper visa is best bet

Hey guys. Im planning to train at Sitjaopho for a week in December. Been trying to contact them via facebook and email but no response. Is it safe to just show up without any prior bookings?

I have lived in various parts of Thailand for more than a year. Lets calculate for Bangkok.

If you cannot stand Thai food, which I cannot, You wont eat them evenn if there is provided at the gym.

If you are honest, 400 Baht can be the average you spend per day.

400 x 30 = 12000.

2000 Baht for either visa run or visa extension

Mere 2500 once per weekend (Sunday or Sat )For either Lumpinee show or other entertainment.

Total=12000+2000+10000= 24000 Baht = 700++USD(Not inclu. training and accommodation)

And as you can see this is just an average modest lifestyle(For a Western foreigner).

If you are Hi-So, you may spend double of what I have quoted.

I'm more than sure $500 will get you by. I'm speaking of spending cash after you have paid for training. . If you are spending $700 monthly and not buying souvenirs, you are paying way too much for your everyday goods. When was the last time you set foot in The Kingdom to train and spent $700 in a month? How much of that was on spirits, hookers, and ringside seats for fights? Be honest. I doubt you will though.

What's anybody going to do, anyway? Just say nah, I'm not going to work with him?

I used to work with Wang a lot. Definitely my favorite trainer there, after Pot.

well you can tell Pot before the class that you'd prefer to work with a certain trainer.

no its just an average modest lifestyle for those that can't eat Thai food :p

:redface: I spend around 25-30000 bath every month, and this is spending money only... Good expensive food(Fuji, MK), gas and tax to my pickup and motorbike, high tech internet, UBC, electric, weed, nightlife, shopping in Tesco Lotus and a thai girlfriend drain your money very quickly.

I could not live in Thailand without these things.

Thanks guys. Yeah I tried contacting Phet Tho 2 weeks ago but no luck.

Any tips on locating the gym? Its my first time training in Thailand and was planning to just taxi there from Bangkok.

Rob, how busy does your gym get during the months of Jun-Aug?

we were very busy this year as are all the gyms to be honest, never got so the training suffered though as we have enough trainers to cope and can only take a certain amount of people, I won't go over that as don't want the place so you can't move comfortably or are waiting forever to get on the pads or bags. We cant really accept more than 15-16 foreigners and I know that there were a few gyms not much bigger than us that had double that

was out a little bit on the Omnoi pricing, it 500 baht for foreigners apparently

so.. I was gonna check out sitjaopho in jan/feb but there fully booked..i need a brief change from my bkk gym..anybody know much about por promnin Hua Hin? any reviews?
thanks all

so.. I was gonna check out sitjaopho in jan/feb but there fully booked..i need a brief change from my bkk gym..anybody know much about por promnin Hua Hin? any reviews?
thanks all

The gym is booked or the rooms at the gym is booked?

The gym is busy.. assume he ment already has max amount of ppl training there in jan? if it was just the rooms that were busy then that would be no problem for me

channel 9 starts around 1230 at Asawindam stadium which is out near Nuanjant road ram intra

The gym is busy.. assume he ment already has max amount of ppl training there in jan? if it was just the rooms that were busy then that would be no problem for me

If you really want to go to Sitjaopho, I can double check for you it you like. What dates?

Gym: Looktaveechai Vor. Sangtepdscn3781

Address:Nang Linchi soi 3, Yannawa, Bangkok. 10120

Mobile: 089 442 1499, 085 329 9022

About Gym: The gym has been open only a few months. With a lot of floor space and high ceilings it makes a comfortable training environment.

Times: Morning 6:00am - 10:00am Afternoon 15:00 - 19:00

Prices:

1 session 200 baht, training morning or evening

1 day 400 baht, training morning and evening

1 day 700 baht, accommodation/food and training twice

1 week 4,200 baht, accommodation/food, training twice a day

1 month 10,000, training only, morning and evening

1 month 20,000, accommodation/food, training twice a day

Fighters: There are seven fighters at the gym all who fight at Lumphini or Ratchadamnern. Numchingchai is a good fighter at 65 kgs, as is Pele also 65 kgs. They both fight regularly at Lumphini and are good for sparring and grappling.

Trainers: There are four trainers.dscn3768

Facilities: The gym is very big and spacious. There is one canvas ring, 5 heavy bags, all pads for bag work and sparring, wall mount, speed ball, skipping ropes, tyres, sit up benches and weight machines. The floor outside the ring is also canvas.

How to get there: Pick up from the airport can be arranged by Mr. Tom 089 1800 090. A local taxi driver who is happy to be at your service in and around Bangkok.

Accommodation: There is one big and one small fan room, with shared toilet. The big room can house 6 to 7 people while the small two to three. Thai food is either cooked at the gym or bought from the shops. You can order what you like.

Location: Nang Linchi is in Sathorn area. The nearest MRT Station is Lumphini. The nearest shopping centre is Central Rama 3, with all the usual shops, supermarkets, restaurants and cinemas. The business district of Silom is nearby. There are many restaurants, shops and businesses, as well as Lumphini Park, a great place to relax, or go running. Sala Daeng BTS Station is also here with close links to the city centre.
look.jpg

look2.jpg
look3.jpg

Thanks a lot mate, yeah I really wanna go and check it out, the trainers look superb! Can be anytime from around 3rd week jan/feb onwards..a month or 2 minimum ( I spend 70% of the year in Thailand so my time is flexible)
Appreciate it mate.

Edit::: Chuwattana has been torn down and is now in the middle of being reconstructed. Will post pics and new info as soon as I hear something.

Gym: Chuwattana Gym

Address:258/6 Mahachuk Road, Pomprab, Bangkok 10100.

Telephone: 02-2245067, 02-2247546

Mobile: (66) 081917 9976, 081630 4783

About Gym:For the past 32 years Chuwattana has produced some of Thailand’s top fighters. It’s a well run gym and trains both Thai and Westerners to a high standard. If you want to train at a professional gym this is one for you.

Times: Morning 5:30am - 8:00am Afternoon 15:00 - 17:45

Training prices:

1 session 400 baht. training one time morning or evening.

1 day 700 baht. training morning and evening.

1 week 4,900 baht. includes accommodation/food, training morning and evening.

1 month 21,000 includes accommodation/food, training morning and evening.

Fighters:Chuwattana has some of Thailand’s top fighters. Fighters like Jamthong Chuwattana,Ratchadamnern Champion at 126 pounds and Lamsongkram Chuwattana,Ratchadamnern, K-1 and WMC Champion at 160 pounds. He has also fought and won good fighters like Stephen Wakeling and. Other fighters include, Guyasit Chuwattana, Ratchadamnern Champion, 118 pounds, Khompayak Beamdesign, Ratchadamnern Champion, 130 pounds and Singmanee Pomkhawnakong, Ratchadamnern Champion, 140 pounds.

Trainers:

Facilities: The Gym has one full sized raised ring, 5 heavy bags, sit up bench, chin up bars, speed ball, tires, skipping ropes and two bench press machines and weights. The gym also has a lot of bag and sparring gloves as well as shin pads. The floor outside of the ring is concrete and even some parts of a bedroom are used for pads. There is also a fully equipped kitchen where Thai food is cooked daily. There is a clean toilet and shower room, and a Thai style shower in the gym.

How to get there: From the airport a taxi is the best way. Although the gym will be hard to find due to its secluded location. If your coming by train from around Thailand Hua Lumphong train station is very close and a tuk tuk or taxi from here will know where to go. Once in the area its best to ask around in shops so people can point you in the right direction. The nearest MRT station is Hua Lumphong.

Accommodation: There are three rooms. 2 fan and I air con. The air con room can hold five people and there are toilets and showers attached. The fan rooms can also hold up to five people but the toilet and showers are shared. Thai food is cooked in the kitchen every morning and afternoon after training.

Location: The Gym is very well hidden away, and without asking a local in the area it will be impossible to find. China Town and Koh San Road are around a 5 to 10 minute taxi ride away. MRT station Hua Lumphong is another 5 minutes away and from here it’s very easy to get around the city. MBK and Paragon are the closest shopping malls. Ratchadannern is around another 5 to 10 minute taxi ride away. There are plenty of food shops around and a 7 11 in front of the gym. The area is famous for its electronics market, stocking up on plenty of goods.

chu4.jpg
chu2.jpg
chu1.jpg
chu3.jpg

If you really want to go to Sitjaopho, I can double check for you it you like. What dates?

Do you know the max number of people they take in at the camp? I'd imagine they wouldn't necessarily have a certain number but any idea of ball park number of how many they can actually fit in the gym and are willing to train? Thinking of going down in February. Hopefully it isn't full as I've been looking forward to training there specifically for quite a while now

heres a little tip for all you people planing on heading to thailand and getting advice from people here on the forum . you should dig a little bit deeper and find out about these guys like do they know what they are talking about ? are the biased towards certain camps because thats where they go ? and out of all the times they have been to thailand have they even put there skills to the test in the ring?

Im not saying everyone on here is talking out there ass some people do know what they are talking about . but some are just wannabe muay thai gurus who thnk they know everything because they trained at 5-6 camps . know matter what camp you go to in thailand whether you kick tires and banna trees and run bare foot . or you kick nice new bags have access to good modern equipment and newer facilities . you are only going to get out of it what you put in to it.

no camp no matter how many champions they have at the camp or have produced over the years has some magic powder they sprinkle on you to make you a champion . its not going to happen just put in the work . going to thailand to do muaythai is about having no distractions all you do is muaythai and on your down time you eat relax and sleep and then wake up for more muaythai.

so do some research look at peoples previous post and if all they talk about are different bars they go to and hookers and bar girls and the nightlife . then they are full of shit and if anyone mad about what i have to say lets see the proof either fight video or you doing 5 solid rounds on the pads/sparring.

Thanks a lot mate, yeah I really wanna go and check it out, the trainers look superb! Can be anytime from around 3rd week jan/feb onwards..a month or 2 minimum ( I spend 70% of the year in Thailand so my time is flexible)
Appreciate it mate.

He ment the rooms at the gym are booked.

There are plenty of places to stay outside of the gym.

None of claim to be muaythai gurus. It seems like you'd like to be able to offer advice but you don't have any other than what's common knowledge, ie.. you get out of training what you put in. There are plenty of guys on here that will put their all into training and after they have accomplished their goals, they'll go to the bars. Nothing with that. I'd also like to add that going to a camp with many past present and future champs does nothing but motivate you. Sure one can go to Rawai or Tiger and have a great time. Those seeking more of an authentic experience will want to train by those who live, breathe, and sleep muaythai.

Just to let you know muay thai life, the posters on here are doing their own research. I'm sure must have googled, "muaythai training in thailand" and noticed that the camps at the top of the page are Rawai Muaythai and Tiger Muaythai and MMA. What's been posted is to people that those are not the prominent or premier places to train. They are just options. If they choose TMT or Rawai, I hope they have an awesome time. If they don't, their are plenty of other gyms to choose. There is one guy on here really looking an alternate review on Patong boxing than what is posted on Fight Passport - Reviews Of Thailand Muay Thai Camps and MMA Conditioning Tips! and WORMED is at Muaythai institute in BKK right now so people are doing their own homework. No one is saying, I think you should go here or here because they offer magic water that is served in the morning with breakfast that will give you rock hard abs and a left roundkick that make you destroy galvanized steel.

GET THE BUG OUT OF YOUR ASS AND GO READ AN INSIDE KUNGFU MAG TILL YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING WORTH READING

Do you know the max number of people they take in at the camp? I'd imagine they wouldn't necessarily have a certain number but any idea of ball park number of how many they can actually fit in the gym and are willing to train? Thinking of going down in February. Hopefully it isn't full as I've been looking forward to training there specifically for quite a while now

There are about 15 people training there now. Not sure about the limit. I know a group of 10 showed up one day and were turned away. But that was because there were already quiet a few people training already.

Muay thai life go somewhere else to preach your cliche lines. Any information is helpful for those going out to Thailand. For those contributing, keep it coming!!

those with experience with life and training in thailand, keep it coming here and cali chutebox, your posts here are very appriciated, they make it easier for me to make my decision.

hahaha you guys are lame . your the type of people who come over here and have there whole trip planned out before they even get off the plane where the f$#@ is the excitment in that . all i can say is that i have checked out almost every gym in phuket and not by there web site . just rent a motorbike take 2 days and check out all the camps in the area you want to train at

oh and cali that inside kungfu mag joke is almost as funny as you saying that you lost all the video proof of the 5 epic fights you had in thailand .

face it your one of the guys who come here then go back home and tell all your friends that you were so good and they had no opponents for you and thats why you didnt fight

oh and for every other little follower in here live your life by the tour book never go outside the lines

hows that for a cliche you f#@$ing twits

hahaha you guys are lame . your the type of people who come over here and have there whole trip planned out before they even get off the plane where the f$#@ is the excitment in that . all i can say is that i have checked out almost every gym in phuket and not by there web site . just rent a motorbike take 2 days and check out all the camps in the area you want to train at

oh and cali that inside kungfu mag joke is almost as funny as you saying that you lost all the video proof of the 5 epic fights you had in thailand .

face it your one of the guys who come here then go back home and tell all your friends that you were so good and they had no opponents for you and thats why you didnt fight

oh and for every other little follower in here live your life by the tour book never go outside the lines

I think its obvious that this is a forum, and everyone has their own opinions which are most likely somewhat biased, but these guys have been here before and are trying to help the other people on this forum, please share some helpful advice instead of just belittling other posters. I'm not saying your not knowledgeable, but this is a friendly online community please go post in the heavyweights if you want to bash other posters constantly. You did offer some good advice though: check out camps for yourself and dont plan your whole trip before you get off the plane guys, for a number of reasons, you might be stuck at the wrong gym with the wrong trainer, you might be paying too much, etc.

My fights weren't epic at all buddy. I even lost two on points. Sounds like you are a little butt hurt. Is the verbal dildo too big for your ass?? Go back into the house and play your K-1 videogame your mum got you for xmas four years ago.

You may want to pick up some grammar and sentence structure skills too. Just to let you know, I had two friends at 3 of my matches and my wife was at the first two. We have yet to see even a pic of you in Siam.

You may call us twits but we make shit happen, live our dreams, and achieve our goals. What does that make you?? You aren't shit!! I'll tell your momma your aren't SHIT via text message, email, or on her deathbed.

Sorry to be disrespectful people but this guy brought it on himself. He is as useful as a bag of used tampons.

Back