The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
To keep the other threads more about general info, post your low-carb food tips and tricks for preparation here.

Pumpkin Bread:

(Fruits optional)

2 heaping tbsp raisins (25 g)

3 prunes, chopped (25 g)

2 cups pumpkin puree

1/2 medium banana

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 egg

1 and 1/2 cup almond flour

1/2 cup buckwheat flour

1/2 cup coconut flour

1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp cinnamon

1 tsp pumpkin spice

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp xantham gum

1 tbsp Xylitol

cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat the inside of your bread pan with cooking spray.

Add the raisins, and the chopped prunes, to your food processor, along with the pumpkin, banana, vanilla extract, honey, and egg and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium size bowl.

In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice,
baking soda, xantham gum, and baking powder.

Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and fold together. Mix only until it is incorporated, you don’t want to over mix.

Transfer the mixture to your bread pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.

Cool on a baking rack and store covered.

**Note, my lady also made protein fortified, sugar free Egg Nog, and Coquito for the Holidays using Xylitol.

Im surprised you can pass that recipe off as low-carb if you add the fruits. Is it partly because of the cinnamon acting as a mimetic? Not to say it doesn't sound delicious.

Yeah, and the fiber content of the fruits and flours, slows the insulin response to a crawl.

Jalapeno poppers

1.Slice one side of jalapeno lengthwise
2.Stuff with cream cheese
3.Dredge in egg
4.Roll in flax seeds
5.Fry that ish up

Low carb healthy chocolates

5 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa powder
5 tbs coconut oil
5 packets of AS (xylitol could probably be good alternative)

Proportions can be adjusted to taste.

mix together in bowl
microwave for 30 seconds and mix again

I then used a turkey baster to put the chocolate into a mini ice-cube tray and put in fridge for about 10-15 min... Wow!

cream cheese, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chopped nuts, chopped coconut, and bacon are all good ingredients to experiment with.

I'm really hoping to see the cauliflower pizza crust, pork rind pizza crust & pork rind hamburger bun in here.

I'm really hoping to see the cauliflower pizza crust, pork rind pizza crust & pork rind hamburger bun in here.

Your wish is my command.

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

bfett81's notes: Do not use a pizza stone, and make sure you press the water from the dough, pat it dry thoroughly before baking, or it comes out soggy. You may want to flip the crust to get it evenly cooked.

This crust is not as stiff as the pork rind crust, which I will now post, and prefer.

Pork Rind Crust Pizza
1 bag pork rinds -- crushed
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs -- beaten

Add all the ingredients and mix well. Press into a non-stick sprayed pie plate, bottom and sides. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Add your toppings, and then rebake until cheese and toppings are hot. The recipe could easily be doubled to fit an actual pizza pan.

bfett81's notes: Do not overcook this or it will be dry. I overcooked mine because I didn't want to it to come out too flimsy like the cauliflower was the first time (I didn't get the water out of it the first time I did it).

I'm making a pork rind crust again today.

These were both good fresh from the oven and even better the next day cold for breakfast, which surprised me a little.

Pictures:

6s9jqx.jpg

2dgngp1.jpg

Have not made a pork-rind hamburger bun. But I think that is my next task. Going to attempt those chocolates today. I have cream cheese, too.

Is there any such thing as pork rinds without pork in them? :(

Is there any such thing as pork rinds without pork in them? :(

Just try it, I don't think you'll regret it. I put italian seasoning and garlic in the mix.

Make sure you use the regular favor. I don't think spicy would be too good.

Muffins:

3 eggs
1/4 cup vanilla
1/4 cup cooking oil plus 2 T.
2T. water
2T. Cinnamon (amount is correct)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup flaxmeal

Beat eggs and other wet ingredients well.. Add dry, mix to combine. Let the batter sit for about 5 mins. Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins, bake @ 350- for 12ish minutes.

**Always remember, coconut and almond flour are amazing, and coconut flour specifically has a lot of protein, use xantham gum for texture

Last edited:
Just try it, I don't think you'll regret it. I put italian seasoning and garlic in the mix.

Make sure you use the regular favor. I don't think spicy would be too good.

I don't eat pork though, thats the problem.

It's pork skin, if that makes a difference.

I just made the chocolates, and I think the cream cheese was a mistake. Still OK though.

Low Carb Pancakes
1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oats, 2 eggs, vanilla and cinnamon, blend (add a little water if it's too thick), throw it on a frying pan- you've got yourself a low(er) carb pancake. You could always add protein powder to the mix for a little overkill.

These rocked my world... so hard.

Your wish is my command.

bfett81's notes: Do not use a pizza stone, and make sure you press the water from the dough, pat it dry thoroughly before baking, or it comes out soggy. You may want to flip the crust to get it evenly cooked.

This crust is not as stiff as the pork rind crust, which I will now post, and prefer.

bfett81's notes: Do not overcook this or it will be dry. I overcooked mine because I didn't want to it to come out too flimsy like the cauliflower was the first time (I didn't get the water out of it the first time I did it).

I'm making a pork rind crust again today.

These were both good fresh from the oven and even better the next day cold for breakfast, which surprised me a little.

Pictures:

6s9jqx.jpg

2dgngp1.jpg

Have not made a pork-rind hamburger bun. But I think that is my next task. Going to attempt those chocolates today. I have cream cheese, too.

Wait the cheese goes IN the crust? Is that for binding? Also what is "riced" cauliflower?

I wanted to see how it rolled before sticking.

I wanted to see how it rolled before sticking.

Took pictures of that too...

2lo0hnr.jpg

The cheese is for binding, yes. Riced cauliflower is just the cauliflower all sliced up...you can use a food processor, same difference.

Last edited:
Low carb healthy chocolates

5 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa powder
5 tbs coconut oil
5 packets of AS (xylitol could probably be good alternative)

Proportions can be adjusted to taste.

mix together in bowl
microwave for 30 seconds and mix again

I then used a turkey baster to put the chocolate into a mini ice-cube tray and put in fridge for about 10-15 min... Wow!

cream cheese, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chopped nuts, chopped coconut, and bacon are all good ingredients to experiment with.

The xylitol I'm using really doesn't seem to want to dissolve. Even added into hot melted coconut oil it just sits there. I fixed it though by adding in a few tablespoons of warm water for it to dissolve into, and it worked a charm. So my personal variation:

1) Melt the coconut oil in a pan
2) Add 2-3 tbspns water
3) Add xylitol and mix thoroughly until dissolved
4) Add cocoa, mix again. Pour. Refrigerate.

I also added in a half pack of dessicated flaked coconut which changes the texture to a softer brownie type thing. Very, very good. I'm going to try orange, mint and raspberry variations at some point too provided the flavourings aren't too carby.

Back