Terere: Return of a Champion

Jamie Hughes

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Here is a short documentry follwing terere, got to see this over the weekend and now its been released , hope everyone enjoys it, whooop terere!!!

awesome

he his competing for alliance at the mundials

Youtube is blocked.. but Ill try checking it out on my phone at lunch.

This is weird timing cause I was actually looking for a Volta Terere shirt online just yesterday, but no luck...guess I shoulda got it when I had a chance.

Thats my gym. His English is really improving a lot. We are understanding his concepts rather than individual techniques. The small details that make the difference in how a technique works are coming through.

Its interesting how the different black belts in my club have very different styles. Tereres cousin Leandro tries to submit from any position.

Canha (my main instructor) uses many types of guards such as half spider, cobrinha DLR etc but mainly climbs the positional ladder to take the back and get the bow and arrow choke. He has never used strength or muscled anything, just movement and technique.

Terere uses the spider guard and butterfly guard (especially the butterfly guard). He likes the Sao Paulo pass, knee slide/underhook pass from half guard and like side control armbars and chokes from the back without hooks.

I almost left work to train after watching this video!!!

I almost left work to train after watching this video!!!

It certainly does put you in the mood for training. I don't know he was going to fight in the worlds this year.

Terere is a legend and the whole BJJ community should help this man regain some of his past life.

In the video Terere stated he was going to be competing at middleweight under Alliance. Doesn't Marcelo Garcia also compete at middleweight under Alliance? Interesting....

Great video!

In the video Terere stated he was going to be competing at middleweight under Alliance. Doesn't Marcelo Garcia also compete at middleweight under Alliance? Interesting....

Great video!

Don't tell me we're going to have another gentleman's agreement.

If they do meet in the finals they should just follow in the footsteps of Romulo and Roger and just fight to see who the better man is.

Great news, I am very happy for Terere and look forward to seeing him compete. I also appreciate the way he has posted updates. I wish him continued success.

Great video!

I will be very fucking mad if that happens.

i thought andre and claudio both met at the san diego pros and they're both atos. i bet garcia and terere would go for it

its going to be amazing seeing him compete at the mundials once again.

he is a great person and i have learned so much about jiu jitsu and his concepts about it, its like a dream come true being able to train with your hero.

terere for the gold!!!

Awesome video!!!

I hope its Galvao and him in the finals! and the close it out of course :)

Least I can't imagine that they would fight

That'll make it Marcelo, Galvao, terere, Bill the Grill, Kron, Sergio Moraes, Kayron, Calasans, and who knows who else!!

Stacked!!! Medio is like Jiu-Jitsu's most wanted!

closing out drives me insane! fight!

following terere's adventure in europe on his FB page has been awesome.

he gave my teacher his black, so if i get mine from him, then he wont be too far away in my lineage....

whoop terere indeed!

Back