Devon Alexander vs. Marcos Maidana

140lbs is looking like a pretty empty division right now...

The Ghost and Rios are moving up to 140 but yeah now there is an insane clusterfuck at 147. Khan, Bradley, Ortiz, Berto, Manny, Mayweather, Maidana, Alexander, and even up and comers like Mike Jones and Kell Brook.

I still don't like the way Devon pulls up short on his punches, but then again El Chino will be coming right at him so maybe the styles will compliment eachother...

Khan will have at least one more fight at 140 but after it will be pretty open.

Excited for this fight, hope Devon is stronger at 147.

I'll pick Maidana to come forward stalk Alexander and beat him down

I expect Alexander to win the earlier rounds but get discouraged by the mid rounds and see Maidana run him over. Thats at least what I'd like to see it play out.

This is a great fight.. not sure why it hasn't been getting much attention.

Now that Berto/Ortiz II is out the window, this is definitely my most anticipated fight this month.

I'll pick Maidana to come forward stalk Alexander and beat him down

I agree. I don't think Alexander's jab is good enough to keep Maidana away. I think he eventually gets to him and Alexander crumbles. Maidana needs to watch for the uppercut though.

Alexander will look good for a round or two, eat a shot and run for the rest of the fight.

Maidana on points. 116-112ish.

I expect Alexander to win the earlier rounds but get discouraged by the mid rounds and see Maidana run him over. Thats at least what I'd like to see it play out.

Same. I want Maidana to crush Alexander, and expect nothing less.

Alot of posters here knock Maidana for his technique, but his intentions are always bad, and he backs them up.

I have a feeling Alexander will run, trade in spurts, and do enough to eke out a SD. Maidana thows a hell of a right straight but is always right there to be hit.

So marvel at his tenacious ability to make up for it 90% of the time, as well as put on exciting fights.

:D

Hes tough and hits hard. His hand speed is a little underrated perhaps.

But everything else about him is awful. Hes so square in the ring, his footwork is so bad that he looks like hes going to fall down all the time. Theres a reason why Morales looked so good against him.

If his power doesn't carry to 147 with him, hes finished as a top fighter.

Maidana by late stoppage.

Hes tough and hits hard. His hand speed is a little underrated perhaps.

But everything else about him is awful. Hes so square in the ring, his footwork is so bad that he looks like hes going to fall down all the time. Theres a reason why Morales looked so good against him.

If his power doesn't carry to 147 with him, hes finished as a top fighter.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to his speed moving up.

Maidana is better then people give him credit for. He convinceley beat Morales IMO. People were just shocked to see him not get ko'd. From what I remember in that fight was Morales throwing a flurry for 10 seconds a rd and everyone going ape shit and giving him the rd.. Stupid...

Also boxing involves this thing called accuracy and timing. Something Maidana doesn't get credit for. Ya he has power but you have to be able to land it. For a good display of that watch him against Ortiz. People also underrate his ring smarts. He seemingly lands more and more as the fight goes on.

I agree that Maidana won the fight with Morales but there was a few points in the fight where it looked like Morales was going to knock him out. At one point, Maidana missed so badly that he went spinning around the ring like a top.

Hes all power.

He never had any good trainier and I doubt he'll start listening to any new ones.

Back